on 30 January 2014
Firstly the talent to compose such music and secondly the ability, bordering on genius, of some artists to interpret the song. I am sure most of us remember the moment Susan Boyle stood on the stage of Britain's Got Talent. One of the most moving songs from arguably the greatest musical ever written stopped both the judges and audience dead in their tracks.
I don't think there is a single track I press the fast forward button. It is one of the best CDs I have ever purchased and by the time you reach my age that's a lot
If you like top quality music then I am sure you will like this CD.
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 7 January 2014
The talent levels of the singers selected is greatly variable. Is Justin Hayward (of Nights in White fame) really in the same class as Russell Watson? That aside, if you don't mind switching from Sarah Brightman one minute, to Alfie Boe and Charlotte Church the next, then this is quite pleasurable to listne to.

It shares the same problem as all compilations: some tracks you will love, others loathe, so it's a good idea to transfer your faves to a playlist to skip those heart-sinking oh-oh moments when something you hate pops up, like a weed amongst the dahlias.
on 6 January 2014
I love 'modern classical' and this one appealed to me mostly in terms of quality v price....it came quickly and I wasn;t disappointed. So far have only listened to disk one but loved it...powerful, emotive, some brilliant and uplifting music....price for 3 CDs excellent - would I recommend it? Highly...Would I buy again? Certainly. Do I regret my purchase? Not at all. I loved it as I said - most tracks hi quality...Squirrel 59 - M 6.1.14
2 people found this helpful
on 18 January 2014
This looked like very good value for money. Was able to listen to a sample of music from all the artists before purchasing via the internet so as not to be disappointed. Also there was immediate MP3downloading which gave us instant access to all of the music as soon as purchased. Put it straight onto my tablet memory card. You need computer know how to do this. The discs came a few days later. Would appeal to people with varied music taste. Lots of favourites on this.
on 17 June 2018
Personally do not like all the songs but enough to keep.
on 11 January 2014
These three DVDS have been a joy to listen to over the Christmas Periods,featuring a range of artistes from Mario Lanza,singing "Be My Love",from the 50/60s,"The Three Tenors",Pavarotti,Placido Domingo,Jose Carreras,Kiri Te Kanawa,Jonas Kaufmann to new-comers Jonathan and Charlotte,Alfie Boe,Paul Potts and Richard and Adam,to mention just a few.Don't miss "Classical Voices.It's GREAT!
on 17 February 2018
Brilliant loved all the tracks . A great mix of artists ..thank you
on 24 January 2014
Bought as a Christmas present for my mother. I received an auto rip version too. There are a fair-few tunes on there I like, but there's quite a lot I can't bear to listen too - but that's not the reason I purchased it. Mum was happy with present. and star rating is based on her view.
on 11 July 2014
Disappointing, I expected to hear more music from the latest singers and not old timers like Mario Lanza and his ilk as good as they were. The CD was advertised with the names of current singers who actually only sang one song each. A bit of a rip off, and for some of them 'Rest in Peace'.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 3 July 2017
bought as a gift for friend so do not know yet as she does not live near me