on 11 January 2014
The bed arrived in 4 boxes on the third of the four day window they said it would and I wondered if it could all be there! Opening them up, I found all the boards, posts, nuts and bolts etc exactly correct according to plan.

Putting it together proved a little problematical at first as the first diagram showed barrels bolts to be inserted between the posts and the foot/headboards, but if you did,,the post would not be flush with the boards. I then discovered a hole on the other side of the foot/head boards to insert the barrel nuts and fit the securing screws into them, but the diagram does not show where they are. Look for them and the rest is straightforward.

It took two of us two hours to set up, but having done so, we are delighted with the result. A truly beautiful bed, very well made with precision cut holes that fitted exactly. It all holds together brilliantly without any shakes and looks fab. with a shiny oak finish that is very stylish.

BTW The description quoted solid slats for the base which made us query as to whether we wanted this. But having a good mattress that was soft we decided to risk it. Imagine our delight when we discovered that it had individual sprung slats across a central metal support which was exactly what we expected in a quality bed. Just perfect.

We slept very well that evening and hope to do so for many years to come. Highly recommended.
2 people found this helpful
on 9 May 2014
I love this bed, I have been using it for 2 months now. No issues putting it together, did it alone took about an hour or so. Is beautiful wooden bed with good slats. Would recommend!
on 10 July 2014
Easy to assemble, needed 2 people for some bits. Very comfortable and looks stylish - extremely good value.
on 17 July 2014
easy too build and very comfortable