on 24 April 2017
I loved this story it answered a few questions. There was love, action and twists I also loved reading more about Dante he has always been one of my favorites. It took me a really long time to buy this book as I grudge paying over 2 pounds for not even 200 pages it took six months to a year before I finally bit the bullet and just done it don't get me wrong the read was great just as good as all the other books so I'm glad I bought it in the end. I love this series there's always so much going on (the order of the blade) is definitely up there as a favorite and I will be devastated the day the author finishes it. Worth the read.
on 17 August 2017
These books grip you and pull your mind in to a world of honnor, death,courage and love. Your world will disappear and all you will feel, breath and think of is the world of the order of the blade.
on 18 July 2014
brilliant story have read them all, just waiting for the last one, highly recommend the book
on 3 December 2013
Dante's father is ruthless in his evil. he runs the Order with fear. For Dante, enough is enough, especially after his father rapes and kills his mother in front of the whole Order, Dante included. Dante vows that the Order will be no more, and kills his father and, one by one, the rest of the Order, til only one remains. It takes all his remaining strength to kill that last one, but he has words for Dante, the Order WILL continue, under Dante's rule. And Dante isn't too happy to hear that!

Battered, bleeding and quite possibly dying, Dante hears something calling and sets off to investigate. Elisha, daughter of darkness, guards the sword that calls him. Its power is immense, and Dante must fight the power of the sword, of the darkness and his attraction to Elisha, if he is to save them both, and this world.

Full of those great deep descriptions, Rowe wows us once more with her tale telling. I so love these books, and eagerly await the next.

only a short story,(hence the 4 stars not 5) this one but it lays down how the Order came to be in Dante's hands, so should really be a prequel :-)
on 21 May 2016
I really enjoy this series. I have to admit, though, that this wasn't my favourite. It was a good story and it was well written.

For me, the book had a strange feeling to it. By now, we all know how these books go... they have problems, they overcome them and defeat (or at least postpone) the sheva bond. However, we've already met Dante and he does not have a sheva in the other books. Which meant that the whole time I was reading, I already knew that things were not going to work out. They do resolve their issues in this book, but something must happen between the end of this book and the start of book 1. Perhaps this will be explained in further books (I really hope we haven't seen the last of Dante). Still, that knowledge did make it hard to get behind Dante in this story.

Having said that, it was still a good book, but it felt more like we were being given extra information, rather than it being an Order book in its own right. A bit like Ian's novella (but longer) before Ian's actual book. I did find myself trying to read through this quickly to get back to the main books.
on 17 April 2014
I have loved every one of the preceding stories in the Order of the Blade, and was excited to get to Dante's story. I have to say, regrettably, it was not at all what I was expecting.
The story just didn't seem to gel with the others, and as Dante was the Leader of the Order I thought his story would be the best.
I stuck with it and read it all - it's not as long as the others, more a Novella - and the fact it wasn't as long as the others in my mind is its only saving grace.
Really disappointed in Dante's story I'm sorry to say, but as soon as there are more in the series I will be reading them.
2/5
on 5 March 2014
A profound lack of character development and too much darkness/not nearly enough fun. Didn't enjoy it at all, and wouldn't recommend.
on 9 April 2015
*phew* what a ride!!
Not a moments rest; action, tension, battle of wills, passion, fighting destiny, so much taking place in the timeline of this book but it was never lacking.
The clever way that our main characters' backstories were revealed, the plot development and the growth of Dante and Elisha's relationship and the insights & hints about other characters like Zach, Rohan and Vaughan that, I'm sure Ms Rowe will build upon in future books.
on 2 December 2013
Wow this is Dante`s story and where it all began.....
This was a great read as are . All stephanie rowes books but all die hard OoTB fans will be hankering after Dante and and where he started up and how he became who he is.
So many questions now i am left salivating for the next book and a need to delve deeper into characters who shared Dante s journey.
Wonderfully writtedn well done stephanie
on 12 January 2015
Stephanie Rowe writes novels which build to create worlds. Flawed heroes and mystical women build a history of a Supernatural Order who live in our world to protect innocents. Her imagination pulls you in until you become invested in the characters and their stories and want them to succeed with their women as much as you want them to save the world whilst fighting their historic curse