on 29 November 2013
In the last soundtrack ( for The Hunger Games movie) we had Taylor Swift, The Civil Wars, Arcade Fire, Maroon 5, Birdy and a whole bunch of other artists, that were more unfamiliar to me, that produced a some really excellent songs. This time, for Catching Fire, the album again exceeds expectations and is, in my opinion, even more successful than the first because of the strength and diverse mix of artists.

While the main attractions here seem to be Coldplay, Sia, Imagine Dragons and Ellie Goulding, it's really the artists that you and I probably haven't heard much of before that make the CD worth buying. The Weeknd and their song "Devil May Cry" is the highlight of the album, for me, and has a running time of over five minutes, which is a bonus. "Place For Us" by Mikky Ekko also stands out and is something fresh and new that voices the themes of the movie and emotions of the characters perfectly. Unfortunately, some of the most unique and wonderful songs can only be heard if you buy the deluxe soundtrack - which is a shame, really. But it's worth the money.

The movie itself is much more spectacular than The Hunger Games, and the album definitely reflects this. And, if you happen to find you really enjoy this soundtrack and have seen the movie, it's worth taking a look at the Original Motion Picture Score by James Newton Howard, where you'll find some really amazing cinematic songs from the movie, such as "Katniss", "The Fog", and "Arena Crumbles".
on 17 February 2014
I saw "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" when it came out in the US in late November '13 (over 2 months ago), and only the other day did I stumble upon this 'soundtrack'. I decided to check it out.

"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" (12 tracks; 48 min.) starts off with Coldplay's "Atlas" which we hear as the movie's end credits are rolling. "Atlas", a piano-driven slow-burner of sorts, is one of Coldplay's better tracks in the last 5 years, certainly better than anything on their "Mylo Xyloto" album. Of Monsters and Men's "Silhouettes" is actually in the same vein, with lots of restrained emotion. The National's "Lean" is yet another piano-driven tune, but I like it. I was 100% ready to dismiss Christina Aguilera's "We Remain", but it's actually a great pop tune (kinda reminds me of Katy Perry). The Weeknd's "Devil May Cry" is a nice ballad. Lorde covers Tears for Fears' "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" in a way that only the words remain recognizable. Nice, except that Gary Jules did the very same thing with Tears For Fears' "Mad World" more than a decade ago (and also for a movie, namely "Donnie Darko"). The Lumineers' "Gale Song" is a beautiful sparse tune. It is followed by THE highlight on here, namely Ellie Goulding's gorgeous "Mirror". Much has been made about Patti Smith's "Capitol Letter" so when I finally heard it, I was surprised how unmoved I was. On the other hand, it may very well be the only song on here that is specifically written with the film in mind. Santigold closes out the album with "Shooting Arrow At the Skies".

In all, I was pleasantly surprised with this album, and have been playing this quite a bit lately, even if the film has long left the theaters (and my mind). To be honest, I recall only Coldplay's song playing over the end credits, and while there may have been a few more songs featured in the movie, surely the majority of the songs on this 'soundtrack' was not. Which is perfectly OK. You don't need to have seen the film to enjoy this collection of mostly "indie music" (even if most of the artists surely are not indie artists). This collection is definitely worth checking out!
on 13 January 2015
I did some research before hand and knew exactly what to expect. So no disappointments in that department. Packaging surprised me a bit, though. I was expecting regular plastic box but got three-fold, cardboard box instead. It's a bit annoying wiggling out actual CD. Nevertheless, it's very colorful and poster was nice surprise.
on 22 January 2014
I really like the songs they have chosen for catching fire, but I think songs from district 12 is the superior listing. I like the casing as its easier to throw in my car without fear of breakage, plus the images of the main tributes are quite arty.
on 24 November 2013
Compilation Albums UK Chart: #24 (24th November 2013)

My Review:
It a really good Album with modern artists, but the Bad News is these tracks are not in the Feature Film of Catching Fire Movie, but a few songs is in the End Credits only, so have a listen at the End, (most people walk out during the songs at the end in movies anyway)

It has some really good songs on it, as i brought it, it not in the normal CD Case.
on 10 April 2014
As brilliant as the film. This really captures the written word for me. Gritty, quality entertainment at its best! I am sure Susan Collins got to contribute to the production of this or the director was a big fan of the book.
on 29 July 2014
A great collection of songs.
on 26 February 2014
My eleven year old son loved the film and adores this CD. In fact so do I.... OK some of the songs are only in the end credits but a great compilation.
on 3 December 2013
I'm a fangirl of the Hunger Games at heart so I think this album is pretty awesome. Full of different music, some you can sing along to and ones you'll want to play on repeat. Definitely a good buy, no regrets.

"May the odds be forever in your favour.." - Effie Trinkett
on 5 June 2015
The best soundtrack i've heard in a long time! I love every song! My favourites are everybody wants to rule the world, devil may cry, and angel on fire.