Customer reviews

Reminds me of xmas
on 2 September 2014
Love it!!
on 20 November 2013
You've got me hook line and sinker with your Christmas advert and I can't stop listening to this beautiful rendition of a Keene classic sung by Lily Allen.
on 14 November 2013
While Lily Allen's vocals are not exactly perfect, she really makes the song her own. It fits perfectly with the John Lewis theme. Haunting & magical.
on 18 November 2013
Really like this cover, very different from the original really made it her own. would recommend it to all -
on 28 November 2013
This version is worth downloading as it is no crappy mp3 format but a decent 6mb size music file, you can play it in hi-end speakers and you can hear lots of details

Strongly recommended getting it before Christmas and I am sure it goes well with other classics in your parties!
on 17 December 2013
I loved the original from Keane and in it's original format features on many of my MP3 playlists already.Lily Allen's cover has definately given the tune a new edge adapted to her unique style and has been "given wings" by it's inclusion in the wonderful "hare and bear" animation featured in a well known store advert.It just goes to prove that a really good song will stand the test of time and Somewhere Only We Know undoubtedly will feature on Christmas Albums from here on in (Kerching for Messers Oxley/Chaplin/Hughes!).A lovely novel way of wrapping up an established tune into something different for Christmas and always.
on 29 November 2013
"Somewhere Only We Know" by Lily Allen caught my attention due to my previous enjoyment and familiarity with "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane. I like both versions, but admit that Lily Allen puts her unique and passionate spin on the song. She sings extremely well on this cover and gives a believable portrayal of singing it as if it may have been the story of her life in past experiences (whether or not this happened). The cover is available to listen to on youtube and is best for those who are familiar with Keane's rock version and/or enjoy smooth synth-pop ballads.
on 4 January 2014
It is a nice song and nice to see some nice Festive songs, just something I like to hear now and then and it did get a bit irritating all the time on the adverts.