on 19 December 2013
In common with most people buying this song, I heard it whilst watching the Bear and Hare advert and although I really like the Keane original, and still listen to it often, I instantly fell for Lily's version. It's a skilful re-interpretation of the song, and it's different enough to be appreciated in its own right. For me it will always be the Christmas song of 2013... and I suppose the advertising agency would be really happy with that, but as it happens there's no John Lewis store anywhere near me, so take that advertisers!
on 25 June 2015
Love it.
on 27 December 2013
Can anyone tell me why the Lily Allen song, Somewhere only we know, is £8.99? The description doesn't say it is a single and at that price I assumed it was an album, the song is nice, but that is a bit steep for a single. And John Lewis are going to donate 89p to a charity, I think they ought to donate the lot for conning people.
on 2 December 2013
I love this song and was pleased to be able to download it on to my phone there are some great songs out there at the moment
on 26 June 2016
I love this song how ever I never purchased it that's why when now 86 came out that year it had that song on it I love it and the record too
on 13 December 2013
When I bought the product there was no visible description (strangely enough now there is), so therefore I looked at the price and with it being £9.45 PLUS £1.26 POSTAGE, I thought this must be the full album, only to realise when I received it that it was simply the single. Take my advice, never buy from this seller again as no doubt it's the same strategy on other products they sell, absolutely awful.
33 Comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 December 2013
Never really liked Lily Allen, but I like this song, and I like her version of it ... nice for xmas :-)
on 18 November 2013
I heard this on an advertisment on TV for I think John Lewis and I believe its up at the top at present. Lily is not one of my favourite female singers, but boy has she captured a sense of warmth and wraparound fleece feeling in this song. Much better than Keane and I just love to hear it. My partner says the same - wow we agree on something musically! It is further made into magic with the animated cute animals that accompany the advert. Its Christmas for me.
on 13 December 2013
£10 for a CD single? The wife says she wants Lily Allens new CD, in a rush, see it, buy it with other albums for about the same price, done like a kipper. Well it's Christmas and 80p goes to charity it says. I can't be asked to return it.
Merry Christmas to all at the sellers.
22 Comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 November 2013
Lilly Allen has managed to take a already great song and still make it better.Great work Lilly keep it up.