on 18 July 2014
only reading this now and I am 60 - I recognize/remember a lot of what she discusses and boy, we have come a long way. I think all younger women should read it to get an understanding of lucky most of them now are and how much things have changed. Of course that is not to say all is perfect, but the world that faced me as a young woman is quite different from now. Also, it gave me an appreciation of the benefits I came to enjoy in terms of my own expectations that were hard fought for by women a decade older than me .
on 19 July 2014
This is an historical document now and rather dated. All the same it should be read by anyone with an interest in feminism and the movement generally
on 11 September 2017
Fantastic Product & Great Seller!
on 29 January 2017
Seems ridiculous to write a review on a book like this, but it's though provoking, still controversial and not very well written. I heard her interviewed recently and she had criticisms of its writing style herself.
Well worth reading for its content but also for historical reasons
on 2 June 2015
Not just an historically significant document but also informative and surprising relevant to the millennial woman. Heartening too, to read something written last century and to realise the progress that has been made towards women's equality, and to see what still need to be accomplished.
on 7 January 2015
Had to buy as a real classic! Very interesting to read as I was not around during this period, however is dated and not relevant today.
on 4 January 2016
good, but bear in mind this was written in 1970 which is a long time ago
on 17 February 2016
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 March 2015
This is great just as i expected
on 21 October 2014
Made headlines then, still doing so. Good read.