Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

Although I normally prefer a bit of originality in Christmas albums, I occasionally buy Christmas albums filled entirely with familiar songs, when I feel they are likely to be good enough anyway. Such is the case here. The carols presented here all focus on the religious aspects of Christmas, leaving the snow, trees and Santa for others - or maybe for another album if they stick around long enough to be allowed to record a second Christmas album.

All the carols here will be very familiar to British ears and most of them will be very familiar to American ears, though two of them (Once in Royal David's city, I saw three ships) are quite rare on mainstream American Christmas albums (but I have American versions of both songs), so I think those two are not so popular in the USA as in the UK.

Richard and Adam sing Adeste Fideles in its original language rather than as O Come, All Ye Faithful, the English translation. With such a familiar tune, most people could sing along in English anyway if that's what they want to do. I sometimes buy foreign language albums just to hear familiar songs a little differently, so I'm quite happy that Richard and Adam recorded Adeste Fideles this way.

This is a superb album that I love despite the somewhat predictable choice of carols. If you actually want a selection of obvious songs, you might think even more of it than I do.
on 5 December 2013
I buy an album every year to celebrate Christmas. This album is without doubt one of the best "value for money" album's I have bought. The singing is beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes. Full volume please. Each Carol is arranged beautifully. If your are not moved, you must be a piece of wood! This album will not disappoint you at all. Thank you Richard and Adam.
on 11 December 2013
I loved this Christmas Carol CD. It is nice to listen to carols as they are meant to be sung. I particularly liked the singing of "O Come all ye Faithful" in Latin - a lovely change.
I will be playing this many times up to Christmas and will definitely be brought out again next year - superb!
on 8 December 2013
I love these lads ...this CD is wonderful....highly recommend ...I am fussy when listening to Christmas CDs This is so lovely ....it helps that they appear to be lovely genuine lads...and this cd reflects their talent and sincerity.
on 9 December 2013
met the boys on a cruise ship great personalities with great voices to match.will buy every cds that they produce
on 2 December 2013
Received my Album this morning,love it ,such beautiful voices,this is probably the best Christmas CD i have ever heard,congratulations Richard and Adam another Album to be proud of.
on 10 December 2013
The glorious voices of these two young men bring joy to the Christmas season. Simply superb and I highly recommend this album to anyone that appreciates wonderful singing.
on 20 December 2013
...but I wish they ditched the 'grand big orchestra' sound and stuck with a more acoustic version.

I love their voices and the delightful selection of traditional carols! Well done guys!

I do however disagree with the arrangements ( same as the Impossible Dream album). I think Ricard and Adam are losing that spark and that bit of originality and fresh sound that seem to have won everyone's hearts.

Whoever decided on making them sound like the rest of classical performers is making a mistake. To my mind they fail to sound like pro classical singers with years and years of classical singing training. Frankly if I want that sort of sound I will but Jose Carreras, Sesto Bruscantini, Pavarotti and Co.

What I am looking for ( and I believe a lot of fans do too) is that very clean and unaffected sound they gave everyone on their first audition.

IMHO they are not made to sound more professional and grand, but rather much less original, less simple and sincere.

I am keeping fingers crossed for the next album which hopefully will have less back vocals and less loud sound of music that makes their voices drown rather than stand out.
on 18 December 2013
This surely will be one of the all time classics of the future. Yes predicable, but carols are predicable. Beautifully sung without the baubles and tinsel. I love it. Thank you Richard and Adam.
on 4 March 2014
The outstanding diction of these two brothers is more than glorious. Many singers do not finish their words properly, nor give expression to them. These two are absolutely fantastic. Only on a pension so can not afford to go and see them but I would take a guess that it would be a night to remember.
Margaret