Format: DVD|Change

on 16 January 2014
Ron (Will Ferrell) gets terminated from his job and leaves his wife. He is offered a job from upstart GNN 24 hour news. He assembles his news team etc. etc. etc. The plot is not important. The film is fairly simple and it is more like a connection of skits and one liners than a real situation comedy. You could pretty much start watching the movie at any time and it wouldn't matter. The humor, while crude at times, was original and funny. Sure there were a few scenes I would have cut, the condom selection and racist dinner, but there were too many scenes which had me laughing out loud. Excellent support cast.

Some lines from the film:

"Bats: Chicken of the cave."
"He wanted to donate his organs before he died."
"Remember ten years from now..."
"He bottle fed and raised a shark..."

This is high caliber low brow humor. Crude and racial at times.

Parental Guide: 2 F-bombs. No nudity. Brief comical sex scene. Crude sexual talk.
on 30 September 2014
Every bit as funny as the original. Probably best to be wary of anyone who says otherwise, & possibly set kittens on them.
on 24 July 2014
I was unsure about watching the first Anchorman because it was typical obvious unsophisticated American humour. However I had a few recommendations and actually quite enjoyed it. I had a few chuckles - still not on a par with the best comedy that is out there. It was with this in mind that we decided to watch Anchorman 2. What a major disappointment! They tried to milk the few bits that were marginally funny from the first film, and did it badly. There were lots of random bits that made no sense at all. It has to rank as one of the worst films I have seen. I cannot imagine it would even make a child laugh. It was inane
on 23 May 2016
The first Anchorman was hilarious most of the way through although not the funniest film I've seen it's certainly a good comedy. This one is very, very irritating and I didn't find it the slightest bit funny, it was overly stupid for the sake of it and I got to that point where I was just laughing at how bad the movie was as appose to actually finding it funny. Some movies just have that "This would be funny if I was brain dead!" feel to them and I have seen a few of those in my time and this one is included. God knows what was up with the writing, but it wasn't funny. Yeah alright the first one was goofy but it wasn't ridiculously over the top to the point of being a really crap film, this one is exactly that. This movie started of pretty funny but quickly lost it. Steve Carell in this was genuinely making me cringe, and I don't always mind him but this was really annoying. I hate movies that are just really stupid for no reason, if it goes well then that's fine but this is one of those that there is really no need for it. The over the top frantic behaviour became very boring and as stated, very f***ing annoying.
on 5 August 2014
I found this pretty funny. I don't understand all the comments saying "the first one is amazing, the comedy in this one is rubbish" or something similar since the humour is pretty much the same

I suppose what's a little disappointing is it's too much like the first one. There are new scenes but they tell the same story underneath.

Overall: Funny, worth watching but definitely only worth renting.
on 8 May 2014
After a long wait , I finally settled down and watched without doubt the worst will Ferrell film ever ,and honestly there have been some real howlers .This was a prime example of a film made with no script .
It just stumbles along at no real pace and with a few very poor gags that's it
on 22 September 2014
Oh my word this is an awful film. Just awful. Don't waste your time. I am happy that we all agreed to give up after an hour. That second hour could have been spent doing anything and it would have been better spent than watching this.
on 6 May 2014
One of the worst films I've seen in a long time. We were looking forward to watching this film after seeing all the hype, but we were very disappointed with the film, the script (of sorts) and the self indulgent performances. Avoid it!!
on 18 May 2014
I am not going to trounce all over Anchorman 2, there is just enough gags and tomfoolery that gets some proper belly laughs to justify watching it. Thats about as recommendable as i am likely to be though.
We get reacquainted with the supporting characters who, in the first movie, seemed important at the beginning but ultimately had little to do with story as it progressed, and they get to go through the same motion here.
The black jokes and black dinner sequence were clichéd and insipid. Everyone has heard a white person or comedian imitate a black person thousands of times and seeing Will Ferrell do it is not much funnier. Brick's(Carell) role here becomes overbearing and it is like they have all suddenly become caricatures of their original characters. It has a good opening, vibrant half an hour but once the bloated, cameo-filled fight happens toward the end you will almost be nodding off.
At the end of it, it felt like a high school reunion with people you determine were more joyless than endearingly nerdy. The first movie was charming and satirical, its dour sequel is funny in places but too over zealous and re-hashed in its style. Nothing classy about this.
on 14 May 2014
This film is terrible, they really shouldnt have botherd. Absolute rubbish. After cringing for almost an hour, i had to swich it off.