Customer reviews

on 18 February 2014
This is the first book I've read by A.M. Arthur and I have to say that it won't be the last! From the beginning I was hooked. It is a truly lovely story. It's emotional and moving without going too far and I've fallen in love with all the main characters. A great start to a new series and I cannot wait until the next book is out! If you like this genre it's definitely worth a read and I know I plan to check out the rest of her work while I wait for the next one!
on 7 January 2017
No such thing was such a amazing story

Alessandro and Jamie's story was so beautifully written it was emotional and intense

I fell in love with Alessandro and Jamie

Thank you am Arthur for this amazing story
on 17 April 2014
A story of first love, losing viriginity and experiencing life for the first time. This is also a story about families. The writing is decent, the pace is good, the conflict realistic and the twist believable. The sex is pretty hot too.
on 23 February 2014
‘No Such Thing’ was a very pleasant surprise. Having never read the author before I had no idea what to expect other than what the interesting sounding blurb told me. I was hoping for an gripping love story and that was exactly what I found, as well as a whole lot more.

Alessandro Silva (Alè) has grown up in the foster-care system and spent most of his youth being an angry young man. The last family he was placed with saved him from ruining his life, and now that is foster-father has died he has returned to the small town where he spent his teenage years to help his foster-mother and the two children she’s caring for. Luck seems to be on his side when he immediately finds a job in a local bakery and that is before he sets eyes on the owner’s younger brother.

Jaime Winters hasn’t really experienced his teenage years. Years of heart failure have kept him in bed and in hospital. Although it has been two years since he had a life-saving heart transplant, Jaime is still keeping a low profile. Pretending that he’s too busy with his studies to date is easier than having to admit that aged 23 not only is he still a virgin, he hasn’t properly kissed anyone yet either.

The attraction between Jaime and Alè is instant and Alè is more than open to introducing the inexperienced but very sexy Jaime to the delights of intimacy and sex. It is to be a no ties, no emotions involved affair between two men who like each other but both have good reasons for not looking for anything more permanent.

When Jaime and Alè start to get closer despite their attempts to keep things casual, small town bigotry and bad decisions Alè made in the past intrude, putting both their budding relationship and their lives at risk.

This book had it all. There is, of course the charming romance between the experienced Alessandro with his bad reputation and golden heart, and the outwardly fragile but very determined Jaime. But there is so much more. From the start there’s the mystery of what exactly happened in Alè’s past, as well as the building tension as that past seems to catch up with him.

Alè is a good man with a dodgy past. The care he takes of his foster mother after she’s widowed and the two young foster children living with her was heart-warming. In the hands of a lesser author the way this character wants to blame himself for everything that happens to others would have been irritating. In this book it completely worked, as did the way it was dealt with.

“Do you think you can change what a jerk you were as a kid by saving Tony from doing the same things?” Jaime to Alè

And the same was true for Jaime and his hang-ups about his medical past and the scar he wears as a result of it. It could have been frustrating but was beautiful instead.

“Do you know why this scar is beautiful? Because it’s proof you’re alive, that the doctors could fix you. Without the scar you wouldn’t be here.”

I loved Jaime and Alè’s relationship. The sexy scenes between them from the very first kiss to the exhibitionistic scene later on were beautifully written and very hot. I loved that Alessandro, despite his growing feelings for Jaime, still wants to make sure the novice gets his chance at experimenting, even if it means letting him go. And the fact that Jaime, despite his attraction to Alessandro, has doubts about diving headlong into a steady relationship with his very first partner only made the book more realistic.

“What do you want, Jaime?” Alessandro whispered, his breath hot on his lips. “Tell me.”

This book dealt with a lot of heavy topics – foster care, health issues, gay-bashing and violence – without ever getting too heavy or taking anything away from the love story.

“I lived in fear of dying for same many years Alè. I don’t want to be afraid all the time anymore. I got a second chance at life, so I want to live.”

And some of the scenes in this book were so hot I had to put the book down to catch my breath before reading on. For those who are sensitive about such things I should probably add that those scenes are rather explicit, although for me that only added to the beauty of them.

I discovered a sequel to this book will be released in July and I will be keeping an eager eye out for that one. I’ve fallen in love with Jaime and Alè and can’t wait to spend more time with them.

“I promise to take care of your heart, if you promise to take care of mine.”
on 4 June 2014
Alessandro is half Brazilian, brought up in fostercare bad boy who sorted himself out. Jamie (the correct spelling) had a heart transplant and has been protected from the world because he was ill for his teenage years. They meet, have sex, get into trouble and get out of it. I am getting too cynical.
This was a nice tale, nothing to write home about and there is a sequel although it doesn't really warrant one but it will be about the trial of Justin, there will be angst, danger and finally a happy ending. See, cynical.
on 24 October 2014
Like the first story in the Belonging series - this is number two - this is a gay novel with a good story to it to keep the interest in the characters as their lives unfold. The main characters from the first story are in the background of this one and appear at intervals but the interest this time focuses on characters who were in the background of "Maybe This Time". An excellent follow- up. This is also a stand alone book as it is not necessary to have read Book 1 to enjoy this.
on 29 July 2014
I really enjoyed this story and then it ended so abruptly I was disappointed to not even get an epilogue. But then a ray of hope, there would be a second installment. So I really looked forward to that. How would their relationship develop, basically what would happen next. Then book 2 arrived to be about a minor character in the first and his relationships. No mention of the characters in the first book in the synopsis. Very disappointing indeed. Stop pretending it's a series.
on 6 August 2014
AM Arthur has a way of engaging you with her characters and bringing you into their world.

The twists in the background story for Alessandro and Jamie kept me involved with their lives.

The scene in Pot O Gold with Ezra and Romy was hot, but I'm glad it didn't evolve into anything more.

I'm looking forward to Ezra's story.
on 28 January 2015
Loved this book, it is one I could read again in the future. I have read the series and love the characters and the world created here.
I agree with the comments of others who have reviewed it with 5 stars and can only add it is ideal if you like to read a series in which the other books take you forward with details of other characters.
on 23 April 2015
Really enjoyed this book. The storyline was good and l liked the main characters.
The females in their lives were likeable as well plus very protective of them which was great.
Can't wait to read the nebook. Recommend reading highly.