on 27 November 2013
I'm a huge fan of both films and was afraid the musical score for Catching Fire was never going to be released as there was a few days gap between the song soundtrack and this! I just LOVE James Newton Howard's score for The Hunger Games franchise, he's definitely the man for the job! My personal favourite tracks (even though I love them all) are ''The Tour'' and ''Good morning sweetheart'' which plays during the awesome cliffhanger of the film!

All in all! a wonderful soundtrack to a wonderful film! If you're a HG fan, go for it! :D
on 4 November 2014
I was not the biggest fan of the score for the first "Hunger Games" film, but fortunately I feel the "Catching Fire" album is a large improvement. I really enjoy the work of composer James Newton Howard, and his return to this sequel draws parallels to the first album while forging a new path that features more emotional and intense music. There are a number of thrilling moments where a track is dark or suspenseful, and then suddenly comes to life ("Peacekeepers" and "The Games Begin" are good examples of this). Obviously, there is a romantic aspect to the movie that also allows for some more conventional orchestral music on the album ("Just Friends" is one of my favorites).

Not only do we have an increase in quality, but we also get an increase in quantity. This album has 29 tracks totaling over 75 minutes of music; that's 10-15 minutes more than the typical movie soundtrack, and a whole half-hour longer than the first "Hunger Games" score. I'm glad to see more music being made available on the album.

FAVORITE TRACKS
[1] Katniss
[4] Just Friends
[6] The Tour
[10] Horn of Plenty
[26] I Need You

* With Amazon's AUTORIP service, if you order the CD then you automatically get the Amazon MP3 version added to your account for free (so you can listen to it immediately while you wait for the CD to arrive in the mail.)
on 17 January 2014
Still miss the good old days of JNH writing orchestral scores in the 90s. This score, like so many modern scores, gets bogged down in electronic rock beats. The odd strong moment though; The fog being the best, giving orchestra room to breath.
on 30 December 2013
I love this score, James newton Howard is an amazing composer I have so many favourites I couldn't name them all but I do love "Arena Crumbles." I recommend this to any hunger games fan who loves instrumental music!
on 19 May 2014
this sound track rely works it is varied and moves quickly, doesn't linger on any single motif a good choice
on 11 June 2016
Excellent soundtrack, goes hand in hand with the rest of the soundtrack serires
on 15 March 2015
Amazing soundtrack the best one out of the films.
on 10 September 2014