Platform: PlayStation 4|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 9 July 2016
Murdered : Soul Suspect is a hugely underrated game that deserves more. If you like murder mystery adventure than this is for you.
on 3 August 2016
Good Game. Bit slow paced but if thats what your looking for then go ahead
on 25 August 2016
Good buy
Fast shipping
on 30 July 2014
While not a 5 star game, I feel this doesn't get as much love as it deserves. I think a lot of people and reviewers have approached this as an action game and it really isn't! It's far more like the old "point and click" games, but one where you have full control over your character and can freely wander around. There are a few stealth sections that, to be honest, don't really work very well, but thankfully, those are few and far between.

I found the story to be very compelling and the voice acting is of a high standard. It all moves along at a reasonable pace and I imagine that if you just concentrate on the story alone and don't looks for the collectables etc, you can probably blast through it in a few hours, but finding all the 200+ items can be very time consuming.

Annoyingly, I missed just 2 collectables on my playthrough and there's only a "new game" option once you finish the game, so I'm going to have to play the whole thing again to look for my missing 2 items! But, I'll enjoy that when I decide to replay as I enjoyed playing this anyway.

One other slight disappointment is the fact that there are only 4 side missions and all 4 can be found very early on in the game. It's almost as though the developers ran out of time or something as there are clearly other characters you come across that need help, but you just end up saying "I wish I could help". I can't help feeling that these were supposed to be side missions, but for whatever reason, they just ain't there!

But, as I say, I really enjoyed playing through this game and I pleased I decided to ignore all the reviews and buy it anyway. If I didn't then I'd have missed out on a very good game, even if it's not a 5 star game!
on 1 August 2015
More of a Movie than a game, played this up to 100% in one play session of about 9hrs. It was very entertaining and so far i really liked it. I wish there were more games like this, its something new, a very fresh way of handling game mechanics.
on 8 April 2015
I bought this game despite the somewhat negative reviews I heard from certain sources and I am glad that yet again I decided to ignore certain opinions. Admittedly this is not a classic due to some annoying gameplay bugs which detract from the excellent well executed (pardon the pun) story.
What you do get with this is a solid murder mystery in the same vein as LA Noire but with a supernatural twist. You basically spend the duration of the game investigating and solving smaller cases as well as investigating and following clues to the main case you have to solve! There is also an action element to the game which involves a simplistic mechanism where you battle demons, which unfortunately is the games weakest aspect as it is poorly implemented and seems to be an afterthought as it is quite easy and will only cause issues when the game glitches.
These glitches are where MSS loses its appeal as I encountered various issues with the QTE system when battling demons, the identifying of clues and selecting broke on one mission because I tried to exit early and then it would not let me select the clue which meant I had to start from the last checkpoint again and finally the look and feel of the game lacked a certain polish.
This however should not stop you from enjoying the story which in my opinion is this games major selling point as it one of the better attempts at a storyline in a game in all of the titles I have played recently and it is quite refreshing to see a developer actually implementing a solid story into their gameplay.
The graphics on MSS are not overly impressive but it more than makes up for it with some of the most atmospheric sound I have heard and you are guaranteed to get a shiver down your spine.
on 14 September 2014
The premise of this game is a great idea. You take on the roll as the ghost of a murdered cop who must track down his killer using a host of supernatural abilities. Unfortunately, the actually game play lets this game down. Prominently a puzzle game, which is extremely easy, you could finish the story line in an afternoon. While there are a number side missions and collectable too, these must be accomplished while playing through the story. Once completed you don't have the opportunity to go back and finish these off unless you start a new game and go through the whole story again. I gave this 3/5 stars as it's an original idea with an intriguing story, but that's all it really has to offer.
on 4 January 2015
This game has a great premise but doesn't quite deliver the full package. It certainly looks pretty enough, and the story is engaging, but it still manages to fall flat in a few areas.
It's like a survival horror hybrid of Heavy Rain and LA Noir, only it isn't as good as either, nor that scary. So why three stars?

The mood is captured well with some nice graphics and the general gameplay is easy and accessible. The story is well delivered - but not ground breaking - and there's just about enough to see you through.

There are a few niggles/issues however. Such as:
The investigation system is not very dynamic and mostly involves walking around a space highlighting clues, then choosing a couple of the clues to solve the investigation. (If you choose wrong the only consequence is not completing the investigation with a three badge ranking. The game will still let you carry on until you get it right, which means you can't fail, which also means the puzzles, for the most part, are a bit pointless.)
The only enemies to dispatch (last level aside) are one type of demon that are annoying to kill due to the quick time event(QTE) required to actually get rid of them.
The load times can be massively infuriating, especially towards the end of the game and if you have to restart a checkpoint because you fluffed the QTE when trying to dispatch a demon.

That said there are some nice touches here. The possession skill adds some variety - especially when possessing a cat - and some of the side missions help flesh out the main story adequately. There's also plenty to collect for all the completionists out there.

This is a relaxing game to play through (despite the premise) because of the simplicity and plot. It's also refreshing in the sense that you don't use or wield any weapons, but rather rely on the powers of deduction to progress.

For the most part though it's pretty standard and not very taxing, but still a pleasant gaming experience when all said and done. There's no multiplayer and no replay value but given the type of game this is that doesn't make it any worse.

Average then, but a half decent experience none the less for those of you out there who don't want to shoot everything on sight and don't mind peeling the onion.
on 6 June 2014
I absolutely love adventure games with a good mystery story. I played Havy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls and Walking Dead by Telltale and I must say that I wasn't disappointed in Murdered: Soul Suspect. If you want to see awesome graphics then you might be disappointed. I would say that this game looks as good as PS3 games should have looked like. So it looks good but not excellent. But graphics is not really what is most important about this game. For me the storytelling and the whole feel of the game gripped me from the start. I couldn't put my pad down until I finished a game which I did over 2 days. So yeah another point is it's fairly short BUT I would rather play a shorter game with enough substance to keep me busy rather than drag things out. So all in all if you are after a murder mystery with a supernatural twist, go for it.
on 18 March 2015
I wasn't expecting to enjoy this game as much as I did.
It's fairly simple and basic, and it's no way near a challenge, but it's story is pretty good.
Felt like L.A. Noire at times... but beyond the grave of course. It's definitely worth a play through.
It's different, it's interesting and the characters all fit and play a part and feel as thought they belong.
Like I say, it won't blow your mind but it's a good game to add to the collection.