on 18 February 2016
There are some great songs on here, however even though I spent ages looking at loads of musical cd's I was slightly disappointed with the recordings by more modern artists. I didn't think that newer versions would sound so different and it's not always just down to the voices. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, but if you are used to listening solely to the original artists then you may be a little disappointed.
One person found this helpful
on 7 December 2013
for my mom every song she loves, she can listen to all day and not get tired , song layout brill
16 people found this helpful
on 30 December 2013
At my age (72) I have seen many musicals but living in S / Y means travel to London. Now I have all the musicals that I want , when and where I want then right at my finger tips and can't wait for Vol. 2. Thank you for this wonderful experience and don 't let me wait too long.
12 people found this helpful
on 16 October 2015
This is an excellent value boxed set of 3 CDs with a total of sixty songs. I found all my favourite musicals were covered and I also discovered some new ones. Features some top-class singers. I will be using each CD as a quiz by playing extracts to a visually-impaired group where they can guess the name of the song, the show, and the singer. Thoroughly recommended.
One person found this helpful
on 1 January 2014
What a wonderful collection of of good music coupled with the many and varied voices that sing to these songs. FABULOUS!! I would strongly recommend it to anyone who loves these musicals.
9 people found this helpful
on 7 January 2018
My wife is even happier now - so I am off the hook for whatever I have done wrong in the past and for the next couple of weeks (I hope). Thank goodness, though, I have a shed at the bottom of the garden.
on 30 March 2018
My order arrived quickly and safely. There is some wonderful music here and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys great musicals.
on 4 August 2015
As with all albums like this, a mixture of awesome, very good and ok....a couple of random choices....and the odd rather strange version...but as a whole, a great collection which has something for everyone... If you love musicals, then this will work for you. As a newcomer, perhaps not the ideal choice....but for me...pretty damn good.
on 31 January 2018
Lovely CD's and happy with it. Very good value for money. Mind you, new cars don't have a CD player which is where I listen to CD's so my next car will have to have a special request for a CD player!!
on 2 March 2015
Somewhat disappointed. Should have taken notice of "various artists"
as could not help comparing with the original versions. Live and learn!
3 people found this helpful