on 25 April 2016
For me, this account of events was heartening, unforgettable, doubt-vanquishing, elevating, life-changing spiritually-renewing and strengthening. It was pick-me up for the soul, at a time when it was personally needed. So, more than worth reading then! (That would be an understatement.) But at what price? For me to receive such benefit which I value more highly than words can convey, feels priceless. However, that also seems horribly selfish because the price the author has paid in severe pain and anguish, so that his story could be told, is nothing short of immense. It is also therefore deeply humbling. My gratitude is woefully insufficient.

I hope that millions will have benefitted like I have done, and more might yet do so. But I dare say that many intractable sceptics will remain intractably sceptical. I was once such a sceptic who would have resented any hope, which others might express, that this narrative might shine a reassuring light through any chink in my stubborn armour. And I most certainly have resented people praying for me. Nevertheless, now at risk of being resented myself, I dare to hope for others who may be as I used to be.

This book alone did not change my mind about God, I have to confess, as I had already turned the corner; somewhat miraculously, considering the previous state of my philosophy and settled persuasions or convictions. It now seems as if I was spiritually stagnant before I came around. During that stage of denial, I strongly doubt that I would ever have entertained the notion of reading such a book, even through curiosity. However, as things had newly awakened deep within, I was probably one-quarter to half-way there. And so it did seem an attractive read, and I found that it did reinforce and boost my newfound faith just when this was most needed to seal the deal, as it were. I now feel much stronger for it, and hugely comforted.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 September 2015
I really enjoyed this book. It is always fascinating to read stories of people who have experienced the gift of a glimpse into Heaven, and unlike some others, this one does not seem flaky or theologically questionable. Don Piper is very honest about his experience and the life-lessons he has learnt and writes in a very readable style. He has something to say about the perplexing events of life, because it is clear that he has siffered and still suffers. This book is well worth a read.
on 19 May 2017
I have no doubt as to this author's authenticity. This went against his theology and he kept his experience quiet for so long. I am very grateful that the Lord allowed him to have this heavenly experience, which has comforted many.
on 10 January 2018
Because its true, and because I have experienced my own NDE, it is a book that can change lives! People NEED to know that we do not simply cease to exist, but are freed from this "earth suit" and are more alive than ever! Knowing that, people may choose to live differently, because it matters!
Thank you Don Piper for Sharing your beautiful experience ! God will bless the hearts of those who read it!
on 8 March 2012
A must read! It really was is a very very interesting book. It fits to the inspired scriptures of God found in the Bible. I would recommend it to an one going through a difficult time especially if you are suffering ill health. I would also recommend it to an christian and especially to those people that seek answers to this life, some suitable things chapters to share with children. A book you could give to any family member, friend or boss without offending them. A truely great book about overcoming terrible suffering which I totally enjoyed :~}
on 6 September 2016
A great testimony of a great GOD and a incredible ambassador of HIS who now helps lives change as his did. Yes highly recommend the title tells you all you need to know as your starting point
on 28 April 2018
very pleased with book arrived on time and in very good condition well done
on 10 March 2011
This book is very interesting in the beginning, the way heaven is described makes death a wonderful experience.
The author goes into a bit of detail about his experience however the majority of this book is about
his recovery and can be slightly boring, it left me wanting to learn more about his wonderful experience.
The book is ok but I think there maybe better books out there about near death experiences...
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 17 July 2017
One person's take on a near-death experience. Love books like this and 90 Minutes in Heaven certainly hit the spot.
on 29 June 2015
This is an amazing read giving everyone an insight into heaven. Also Don Piper's testimony of his experiences. This is my third copy as i have given my last two copies away. I am keeping this one to reread.