Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 12 November 2013
Wonderful CD that has been cited as a departure for Mr Boe when in truth he has been building towards it through his concerts. Not to mention that every CD he has released has been different from the one before. This one is very blues and country orientated with a bit of gospel thrown in. From the almost raunchy beat of Rosie to the haunting lyrics of If You Go Away, the CD production is excellent as Alfie is supported by a host of respected musicians such as Booker T and Leland Sklar. Moreover the softer side of Alfie's voice is showcased by the gentle regret of Keep Me in Your Heart and the wistful Forever Young while the power comes out in Glory Glory and the almost bitter lyrics of God Give Me Strength. Altogether this is an excellent album that shows yet another side to the multi-faceted singer. Thoroughly recommended.
on 13 November 2013
5 stars for Danny Boy! Sure, the rest of the CD is a wonderful display of Alfie's vocal mastery. However, to sing a song that has so much sentiment for so many people - and sung well by many a singer - and yet take this song to a whole new level - that is the mark of a truly creative vocal artist. I was apprehensive when I saw that this song was going to be on the new CD. Alfie singing an Irish song for an Irish American audience. But Danny Boy is a song that pulls the heartstrings no matter what ones ethnicity. It's a song of loss - whatever the loss. War, exile or death. Yes, the Irish have taken Danny Boy as their own but the sentiment is universal. Perhaps it's one of the greatest Irish/English collaborations ever! Alfie Boe - I take my hat off to you! I've had Danny Boy on repeat all day long.....
on 17 November 2013
Whilst there will always be songs on albums I like less than others, a musical trip with Alfie Boe is never boring. This album has a range of more popular easy listening songs which further showcase Alfie's ability to sing across the genres. Whilst there are no West End show stoppers or operatic classics, it is an album I'll happily listen to over and over again on a quiet afternoon. I particularly love The Dimming of the Day (introduced to audiences on the Storyteller tour); Trust; Keep Me In Your Heart; Forever Young; and the hauntingly beautiful Danny Boy.
We certainly do Trust in Alfie to introduce us to many more musical experiences with that distinctive lovely voice and cheeky smile.
on 17 November 2013
This is an outstanding collection of 20th century classics, with beautiful arrangements from producer Larry Klein. The original song 'Trust' is a winner, having a strong rhythm and showing off Alfie's warm honey tones to perfection. Chain gang song 'Rosie' adds a dash of power to the mix and Alfie's musical acumen is plain to hear when he delivers a beautiful rendition of the notoriously difficult 'God give me strength'. Fantastic!!
on 13 November 2013
This is a really beautiful album from Alfie ... his voice effortlessly flows through every single song, and it's impossible not to lose yourself in this great collection of tracks.

Alfie's artistry and interpretation shines through on each and every one of them ... from the quietly soulful to the gospel, and everything in between. It's impossible for me to pick out a favourite track as I love them all.

Another different and fantastic album from a great singer!
on 12 November 2013
Trust is a new direction for Alfie Boe although long term fans will recognise that he has been leaning towards this for a while now. In particular, the last few songs on his previous album, Storyteller, pointed towards the more bluesy, country, folk sound we hear on this album.

The choice of songs is sublime, showing off Alfie's voice superbly on both the upbeat gospel sounds of Glory Glory and Rosie and the exquisite Georgia On My Mind. If you're a music fan, particularly blues with a country flavour, you should find plenty here to enjoy. After all, as the man himself says, there are only two types of music: good and bad xx
on 17 November 2013
As an avid Alfie Boe fan, I was buying this album anyway, but from listening to the samples, I wasn't sure how much I would love it. Well, the samples don't do it justice. This album proves beyond any doubt that Alfie can indeed sing anything and everything. I love his classical, his rock, his country, and his blues. It is a rare gift. Most "opera singers" struggle finding their voice on pop/rock songs, but Alfie has officially mastered every genre. And he has mastered a high level of taste. Each song is a tribute to the original, but with a new voice and point of view. And the original track Trust proves that Alfie has so much more to bring to the table. This album is for me his most emotional to date. Themes of loss, struggle, salvation, comfort, and healing prevail, and no one brings it home like Alfie. And Danny Boy, although recorded by nearly every classical artist before, is now owned by Alfie. To me, it could be his new "Bring Him Home". Suddenly I have forgotten every version that has come before. It is thoroughly delicious and heartbreaking at the same time. The arrangements of these songs go beyond any one genre. I don't know how to describe it, but anyone who loves music should love and Trust Alfie Boe!
on 18 November 2013
This to me is Alfies smoothest sound/ablum ever................his voice is super mellow, with hardly a show of the strong musical sound we have come to know so well. The mix of tracks is interesting, with well known, and not so well know, classics and modern. Brilliantly constructed instrumentals and and backing singers. A album to 'chill' to, and let the sounds wash over you..................at the end of a tiring day, feet up and enjoy.....
VINE VOICEon 21 November 2013
I enjoyed all of this album, and Alfie Boe's rendition of the numbers included were absolutely brilliant! I hope to see more of this type of album for the Master of Song. Many thanks Alfie - I only which I had been able to watch you from a closer vantage point when I went to see you at the NIA in Birmingham - I even took my copy of your autobiography for your autograph - to no avail! Hopefully I shall, one day, be able to meet you in person, to tell you how much I appreciate your music!
on 30 December 2013
I'm not into opera normally, so I wasn't too sure about Alfie Boe. But I was pleasantly surprised. His voice is obviously good, but he exhibited 'feel' and flexibility from ballads, rock, and near gospel. He avoided the opera training of full-volume and control to singing with the 'heart', which was brilliantly illustrated on the numbers, 'You've Got A Friend' and 'Georgia On My Mind'. Very good listening.
Let's have more, Alfie.