on 26 May 2017
Seems excellent - bought as a gift. Very cleverly written from the dogs point of view and should p;rove extremely useful.
on 21 April 2017
brilliant book!! Thank you
on 4 April 2017
got this for my sister and her dog Austin, has lots of great ideas and cute pictures.
on 22 June 2017
Good
on 29 March 2015
What I like about this book is that apart from informing you on where you can stay with your dog there is also information about dog friendly pubs and cafes in the area. We have made a booking for May so will soon see if it lives up to our expectations!
on 26 May 2014
This guide book is full of useful information and written with an honesty that is warm, witty and moving. Penned by Attlee with help from his owner Jane and a host of rover reporters across the country, it really takes your best friend's point of view. It is not only an excellent guide, but also an insight into the importance of canine companionship. It's a unique reference book for dog lovers - full of information on the best places to stay, eat and walk with your pal along with plenty of wonderful photos. If you own a dog then you need this book.
on 15 June 2014
First off - I LOVE the cover. I bought this for myself, but would definitely buy as a gift for dog owning friends.... Jane Common is such a lovely writer; from the first page, I felt like I was listening to a warm, witty friend talking about her life and I could relate to everything she talked about. The idea of having the dog as the author too made such a great change to normal 'guide' books which can be dry and detached - inspired! Besides being really informative and uncovering some gorgeous spots around the country for travels with pooch, it's a fantastic read full of funny insights and friendly observations. This is a great idea, expertly executed and I will be first in queue to buy her next book. A great buy.
on 30 May 2014
This a great little book. Really useful, comprehensive, well presented, and funny too. I am about to go travelling around the country in a campervan with my dog and I feel much more confident than I would without this invaluable guide.
on 19 May 2014
I love their blog and the book is just as good. Well laid out and a rather amusing read! Most of all it trumpets those establishments that cater to our pampered pooches and allows us puppy parents guilt free holidays with fido. No more hours spent trawling the web researching destinations.
on 28 May 2014
Having a travel book written by a dog could easily have turned into a simple gimmick - but Phileas Dogg is far from that. It's superbly written, funny, warm, honest, and...more than anything else...is genuinely packed with loads of information.
It can be so frustrating going on holiday in Britain with your best pal and then being thwarted because they aren't allowed into places with you, and are banned from the beaches, etc. But this book covers it all, so you are well armed with the facts beforehand and can visit loads of fun places together.
What's more, Jane and Atlee have written about places that are genuinely 'dog friendly', not that simply put up with you bringing a dog along. This is something that other, more dry and dull, dog guides could learn from!
I would definitely recommend this book! Five stars!