Customer reviews

Opposites
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 May 2014
Well firstly to say why I gave this 4 stars and not 5 was for the fact although this is a good live album it is not as great as the Biffy Clyro live at Wembley released a few years ago. The album itself is great, anyone who owns the Opposites album won't need telling how great an album it is. This does seem to be a quite rare album however and I haven't seen it around other sites. The live tracks do sound good but like I said before not as great as their previous live album. For the price it is good value for money and I would recommend it to any Biffy Clyro fans, however, if it is a choice between this and Live at Wembley I would go for the Live at Wembley. Or like in my case you could always get both.
on 20 October 2014
I unfortunately missed The Biff on their Opposites tour, so for me it was great to hear some of these new songs live. As others have stated, this album does not quite match the audio quality of the Wembley album, however I always felt that album was maybe a bit too processed. What we have here is a much more accurate representation of how raw the band actually sound live and it's very very good. You can really feel the atmosphere and their performance of the new songs is impeccable.

The only reason this loses one star is that I feel they could have included a few extra tracks from previous albums, especially songs like That Golden Rule and The Captain, which both sound absolutely HUGE live. I've seen the setlist from this gig and there were many more great songs played that don't appear on here. I understand that you probably can't fit a 2+ hour gig on a single CD, but a couple of extra older tracks wouldn't have gone amiss. I guess the flip side of this is that this CD is intended as promotion for the Opposites album, the title "Opposites - Live from Glasgow" kind of gives that away, so inevitably the album will be dominated by those songs.

My overall opinion, pick this up if you can. It didn't get a UK release and it's definitely a worthy addition to your Biffy collection.
on 5 February 2014
This a really good live album from the brilliant Biffy Clyro.
I agree with other reviews in terms of the Wembley recording of 2010 being slightly better. However that version had a lot more editing done to it, this album is much more like how the band actually sound live.
Also I believe that they were be releasing a scrapbook of the opposite tour in the near future, which may included audio recordings and videos, which is the only thing this album is missing.
Overall a must for all Biffy Clyro fans
Mon the Biff!!
2 people found this helpful
on 17 September 2015
Biffy smashing it as always. This was recorded at one of the few Glasgow shows I wasn't able to attend in recent years (first saw them play in 2002) and it's great to have such a lovely live album. Weirdly not released in the UK, but worth picking up for sure.
on 1 February 2015
Pleasantly surprised, was dubious as to whether this was gonna be legit but 100% official, good to hear the newer material live. Sounds like there must have been an amazing atmosphere, as always in Glasgow for the mighty Biff. Only complaint I can have is I wish the full show had been released with DVD/BLU-RAY just like the Wembley show. MON THE BIFF!!!!
on 15 March 2014
Biffy Clyro in their native Scotland playing out of their skins with a Glaswegian choir to boot.
A great reminder if you saw the tour live or just a superbly recorded live album if you didn't.
Buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on 15 June 2015
Great gig, would be better if it had been a double disk and included the whole show rather than highlights. Sound isn't as good as the Only Revolutions Wembley CD.
on 12 August 2016
As described and on time.
on 1 October 2014
all went well, i'm very pleased.
on 11 April 2015