Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 9 December 2013
I have to confess - I was never a HUGE fan of Daughtry. I thought their first album was ok, preferred Leave This Town but then, kaboom, I absolutely ADORED Break The Spell. It was the best album I'd bought in years. Songs like Everything But Me, Spaceship, Rescue Me, Gone Too Soon etc had me wondering how they could possibly top it. I suppose you could say I preferred the more mellow side of the band. Songs like Renegade and You Don't Belong, with their thumping riffs and reverbed vocals, never appealed much to me. So I guess an album like Baptized was always the one I was hoping for. Fans of the rockier side of Daughtry will doubtless be disappointed but how long can a man sing hard rock songs before he needs to chill a little?

So the hard rockers may hate it but for melodic rock lovers this album is musical heaven. It's utterly fantastic and I can't stop listening to it. From the meaty tempo of Baptized to the cool rock of Waiting For Superman the album never misses a beat. Just over half way comes the majestic two piece of The World We Knew and High Above The Ground, the latter aptly named as the song simply soars. The quality doesn't end there though with Broken Arrows, Witness, the snarling Traitor and the atmospheric 18 Years all piling more tasty goodness on an already scrumptious pudding.

I'm sure Daughtry will bring back the rock on their next album but for now I'm going to enjoy this musical diversion. Sure, it's definitely pop oriented but it's still Daughtry at the end of the day. If you like Waiting For Superman then it's indicative of the album. The wonderful melodies and vocals endure on Baptized - just expect a softer album than before. You might just love it. I certainly do.
on 21 November 2013
We all know it was a massive risk from the band to do a softer type of music for this album but personally I feel this album is still as good as the others in it's own way. Obviously not everybody will love this album because of the change but songs like 'Broken Arrows', 'Battleships', and 'Traitor' show the diversity of the band which is one of the many reasons they are so awesome!!
on 2 December 2013
I am a big Daughtry fan, and I have to admit I am a little disappointed in this new album. The songs are great, however the production sucks. And I wish wish wish that they stop using the Cher type harmoniser on his vocals, as it kills the edge on his voice, and makes him sound like a singing robot, just not natural !!
I am not sure if they meant to produce the songs in such a pop style, but if there are some Rockers on here , then they are well hidden. I am sure live the songs will kick ass, but on "baptized", they just whimper from track to track.. I am sorry to say that, but it's the truth.
Don't get me wrong, the songs are great, the production is awful, and it does not get into top gear. If you excuse the pun, the whole album needs remastered, it needs a "Baptism Of Fire", and not the candy floss version we have here. Sorry Chris, it just ain't mustard !!!
Now that it's a few months on I have changed my opiniom, and dropped this to 3 stars, and that is being generous to say the least!! I used to listen to daughtry for months after a release, but this I stopped listening to after a week. It's just that poor, every track is unforgetable. Or should I say forgotten,. Even at this price its still too expensive.
on 17 February 2016
I recently got into Daughtry within the last year. I remember Chris Daughtry doing some commercial tunes and I thought I give this album a go. I understand that his previous albums have guitars, the growl and more rock edgy tunes. But the more I listen to this album, the more I am liking it.

Sure, it does have more 'pop' tunes but I think it is catchy somewhat and it stays in my head. I think for the casual fan like myself, it works. My favourites tracks from this album are:
- Waiting for Superman, Battleships, I'll Fight, Broken Arrows, Undefeated.

I personally prefer softer tunes with nice lyrics than loud shouting with loud drums. It is really a preference thing where some people like loud and some like softer tunes.
on 15 December 2013
This is the further album by Daughtry and it does not disappoint. Previous three were all superb, full of catchy choruses, and Baptized is just the same. Slighty different feel to some of the tracks than previous albums, almost a touch of folk or country on some tracks, but they still work. Standout tracks are Baptized, Battleships, Waiting for Superman and the incredibly catchy and name checking Long Live Rock and Roll. Buy the deluxe version as you can't get enough Daughtry
on 3 January 2015
Not the usual every tracks a winner stuff from Daughtry....

But after a few plays it's growing on me, especially the catchy Baptised, Waiting for Superman.
And try get Battleships out of your head after a few listens!!!!

The rest unfortunately just never hit the highs....(Except the world we knew) Don't get me wrong, the usual well produced, great lyrics & musicianship is still there just in a softer/poppier form...
But as it only paid £3.49 in a download am not going to complain too much!
on 17 April 2014
While I don't think this album is bad in any way, I can't help but think that Daughtry's voice isn't used to its full potential and when you are known for being a growler, you must growl. The music here is great but let the next album be a mixture of both heavier rock and pop ballads as well, the opening track didn't leave as strong an impact on me as did "Renegade" on Break the Spell! Also to be noted, when you buy a Deluxe Edition of an album, you ought to get more than just one dimmed out band photo! So some more artwork would be nice in the future!
on 18 December 2013
Lots of whiner reviews complaining that its not the hardcore rock they had in the last last 3 albums. Newsflash, it's not supposed to be, Chris and band wanted to try something a little different, something all good bands do from time to time. Not quite the perfect album, would have liked a few more tracks and more bonus ones -- 4.5 stars would be my score, but Amazon still don't allow half stars!

That said there are a quite a few decent tracks to play from this album, all tracks have good lyrics, but everyone (including me, when i read these reviews) wants to find the key tracks with the good melodies and riffs -- songs to stick in your mind. The deluxe edition has a few extra tracks with 'Undefeated' being very good.

Obviously the stand out tracks are the first single, 'Waiting for Superman', just wait for the 2:10 mark, it really kicks off, 'Baptize' is catchy and 'Long Live Rock & Roll' has fantastic references to rock bands of old, and very memorable song. The remainder like 'Battleships', 'I'll Fight', and 'Wild Heart' are good tracks worth time in your play-lists.

I'm sure most Daughtry fans will appreciate what the band were doing with this album and let the tracks grow on you -- there are some cracking songs and I look forward to what they do next!
on 31 January 2014
A friend sent me a link for Waiting for Superman, I liked it, you tubed Daughtry because I didn't know who he was.
Now I'm hooked. This CD is excellent. I now have 2 further CDs which I've purchased from his back catalogue.
You won't be disappointed . I've even tried to get his concert tickets but there all sold out for Glasgow.
on 29 November 2013
I am a huge Daughtry fan but this album just doesn't cut it, I'm sorry to say. It's pop not rock and has lost the edge that Daughtry were refining over their previous albums. My friend actually thought I was listening to One Direction and I was ashamed to admit it did sound a lot like I was. These songs are okay, but from Daughtry I expect so much more. The lyrics have no meaning and are downright cheesy in places, and from the band who brought us Over You, No Surprise, Used To, Start of Something Good... it's just a damp squib. Chris Daughtry's voice is wasted here and I sincerely hope they don't continue down this route because it's not who they are.