Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 26 November 2013
This collection easily can be called "The Soundtrack of my life".
For me, Dido has been the most touching singer/songwritter since her debut album, No Angel.
I remember listening to Here With Me for the first time in my living room and then I realised that I was blown away by that powerful chorus. It was love at first sight.
Then I became a fan and began to feel connected in someway with her lyrics. Hunter, Don't Think of Me... My Lover's Gone reached #1 in Brazil cos it was featured in a soup opera as the love theme of a too complicated couple.

No Angel was in the top of charts yet and Life For Rent was released. What can I say about this album? It's a mix of everything. White Flag is one of the most sincere and powerful ballads that I've ever listened and it didn't need any over singing on it. It was how it should've been and it's perfect. A classic that will be remembered through ages. Life For Rent is a song that reminds me how life can be tricky and how we have to learn to live by our back-up plans and even like that trying to find beauty on them. Don't Leave Home has a music video so amazing that I can't believe that someone on Earth have never seen it yet. It's a song full of meanings, Dido can tell you more about it. You gonna be amazed by the true meaning of the song and change your mind about using it in your wedding. Sand In My Shoes is a perfect pop/dance song to hear in a sunny morning while you're driving to anywhere. There are another highlights in this album, See The Sun is one of them.

Safe Trip home came after a long gap between it and its previous album, but I think it was the most anticipating album from hers. Since 2008 I could've listen to it everyday and I wouldn't be tired of it. The album is about loss, love and not being with someone you truly love. It's about the death of her father and it has so many layers that if I listen to it carefully nowadays I will figure out something new. It took some spins for me to get caught by Dont Believe in Love single, I must confess, but when I heard Quiet Times and Grafton Street I was able to feel all that emptiness about losing someone and can do nothing about it, just sit beside him and wait for that miserable fate. I was going through something similar and I tried to show my parents how someone could've done something so beautiful with a devastating sadness. Safe Trip Home is her masterpiece and just some sensitive people around the world gave it the attention that it deserves.

Girl Who Got Away is a blast. As her biography says: The modern Dido meets the timeless Dido. I think it's her lighter album. I love it, more lyrically than anything else. Songs like No Freedom (I define it as the anthem of my life. I was thinking about having a tattoo with the chorus, but then a friend did that so I changed my mind...) Girl Who Got Away, Let Us Move On, Blackbird, Sitting, Loveless Hearts, Day Before We Went To War... All of them are incredible. In this album I just miss the mix of guitars, piano, violins with her eletronic extravaganza. Can you imagine Blackbird or End Of Night with some guitars or classical pianos in it?

And now she put all together in this Greatest Hits album... It's just the icing on the cake. I love the way she manage her carrer and I'm very grateful for everything she has done for me. (Her songs and even some meetings). And it will last forever. I will carry all these incredible songs as moments of my life and I'm truly hoping to keep all this emotions in the future when I listen to it. Thank you so much and I just have one wish: Keep doing your things and music, 'cos you have at least Stanley and I as loyal fans (and I know some people who feel the same too). :-)

(And sorry for my rubbish english).

love, xx
Alex
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 June 2016
This is a fantastic album - collecting 18 of Dido's greatest songs. It presents a selection of tracks from her four studio albums: "No Angel" (1999), "Life for Rent" (2003), "Safe Trip Home" (2008) and "Girl Who Got Away" (2013). While I fully recommend each of these albums, this collection is an excellent CD - and it represents genuinely amazing singer-songwriting talent.

Dido offers music that is beautiful, artistic and often deeply moving - and her work has proved both popular and inspirational. These are also catchy songs, and many of them are now considered classics (such as 'Here with Me', 'Life for Rent' and 'White Flag'). This album collects every single released by Dido - although some of the songs have been remixed.

As I write this review, the album is available for under £3 - which is a terrific bargain! It's a perfect opportunity to own all of Dido's hits.
on 26 April 2017
classic Dido but i personnaly only like two tracks thats life for rent & white flag but thats just my own taste nothing wrong with cd & seller
on 26 April 2017
A great selection of songs. A very good buy. No problem at all.
on 9 April 2017
.Great easy to listen to quality female vocal of most of her hits
on 27 April 2017
don't know why I didn't get it before - excelent
on 5 January 2016
Beautiful voice but why did the UK not have it in stock ? It came from Korea !!!
on 22 March 2017
good copy
on 18 December 2013
Great cd really enjoyed did not know much about her infill a friend told me about her such a pleasant surprise glass of wine sit back and enjoy
on 9 December 2014
Love the cd - Been a longtime fan and can't wait for her new album to come out