Colour: Black|Change

on 15 August 2012
This is a very good quality cover but please note that it is just a table cover and not chairs as well. Having said that it is strong and comes well packaged. It's raining now and it is doing it's job very well indeed. I would buy more from the same range.
on 25 August 2014
So far, so good.

I've only had this a couple of weeks but my initial thoughts so far as to the quality of the item are:

- lovely thick pvc, waterproof material, with a fabric top and double seam
- rich black colour and looks very stylish
- fits my 8-seater table - once the extended table is reduced - so that the cover comes out a little larger (check the dimensions of the cover against your table and you should have no problems)

I've heard many of these covers perish over some time, so I cannot comment on that aspect but for the price, I think it was worth it, even if it only lasts a couple of years.
on 27 August 2016
The quality of the fabric and the construction seems good and is attractive. However the lack of choice in the size and shape means it does not fit my table exactly and therefore may not fit yours (I could not find anything that was a closer fit so eventually settled for this). Thus it creases and drapes all wrong (though that should not affect its primary function it does not look as good as it should). Even if it is a perfect size fit for your table, once you secure it to the legs (with the fiddly bungee cords it won't ever look like it does on the picture. One result of this is that in high winds in winter I suspect too much air will get under the skirt and may pull it off the table.

The bungee cords are not particularly easy to use and more of them need to be supplied for winter use I would say. When you take the cover off the table the heavy toggle ends on the cords immediately cause them all to pull out of the eyelets on the cover so you have to store them separately and re-thread them through the eyelets when you next put the cover on the table.

Finally, I notice that because the cover lies flat on the flat table top, when it rains water pools on the table. So far, after just a few weeks of ownership, I don't see the water penetrating through to the table but, unless this is some seriously water proof fabric that does not rot or degrade with time, then I suspect that after several months the sitting water will start to leak though to the table top below (pretty much defeating the whole purpose of the cover. To try to counter this I have placed a plastic ball on top of the table before putting the cover on so that a "hillock" is created and the rainwater flows off the cover and down the sides. Have to say though this looks pretty naff and the ball does not stay in place in high winds and creates more of an air pocket under the cover that I suspect will again mean winter winds will severly stress the cover and bungee straps. If you tie the straps around an upright table leg (which lets fact it is mostly the only option you will have) then they will "slide-up" the leg once the wind blows and this loosens the cover allowing more air/wind/water underneath and defeating the primary purpose of the cover which is to fully protect your table.

Not sure what the answer is to these design flaws but some kind of strong elasticated skirt would allow the cover to better fit a range of table sizes and unless the manufacturer can guarantee that water sitting on the flat top surface won't start to penetrate then some kind of shape is needed to the top side of the cover to allow water to run-off.
on 9 January 2013
Ronseal moment. It covers furniture and keeps it nice! Better than previous covers Ive had and built to last. Hopefully it will. Its good so far
on 19 January 2012
Good quality cover but there aren't enough ties. High winds loosen the tie grippers and the cover doesn't cover !
on 28 April 2015
I'm really pleased with this cover. I bought it to replace a cover that I bought two years ago that already has lost its waterproof qualities and even though tied down, would constantly come undone in high winds. This replacement cover is brilliant - it's very well made and the waterproof fabric it's made from is tightly woven. It has not come undone once after being subjected to some pretty windy conditions. There are cheaper covers out there that are more plastic looking but they really aren't as good. I think this cover will last a good few years. It is worth paying that bit extra to get a quality product!!
on 30 April 2016
Well worth every penny. This cover is surviving high winds, heavy rain and hail. It holds down in the wind and does not come off or tear at the eyelets.... fab! It is keeping the water and other nasties off my table. It is oversized for my glass six seater oval table.
on 24 January 2016
Good quality strong fabric. Attractive slate grey colour. Fits over my table and 6 chairs but a few inches at the base of the legs of the chairs are exposed ..no problem for me. It fits sufficiently securely to withstand some very high winds and heavy rain. Worth the extra money over some cheaper versions. Happy.
on 15 October 2013
Have bought several cheaper outdoor table covers which have lasted months this is the first one I've bought that looks like it will last . It is of very good quality and for not much more than the cheaper ones. Highly recommended at under £30
on 26 August 2015
Ordered this in May 2015 (not from Amazon) and I'm writing this review in August 2015. I have a large 6 seat table which it too big for Bosmere's size seater cover so had to go for the eight seater. Look and quality of the cover and its waterproofing are great as other reviewers have stated. Only problem is that the bungee cords for tying the cover down don't last. Wind movement causes the cords to rub against the table legs and this cuts through the elastic in the cords so they lose their bungee effect. So far the fabric coating of the cords has not been cut but I've just ordered several meters of 5mm bungee cord from Amazon and re-corded the ties just in case, I should add that my patio table is metal and the sides of the legs are fairly sharpish, more so than a wooden table for example. Assuming your table only has four legs then I recommend tying together the eyelets on both sides of the middle of the cover as this helps to minimise any wind movement. I would also add that due to crappy Scottish weather the cover has only been off the table for about four hours in four months.