on 20 February 2015
I don't know about anyone else but I was finding all the technical jargon in the product descriptions and reviews on these bulbs a bit boggling. Let me break it down, if you have those halogen with "spikey" fittings, then these are a straight swap. Simply pull out the halogens poke these on and you're done.
These ones do not work with a dimmer switch (but you can find ones which do)
Are they a straight swap for 50w halogens? well I replaced 12 50w halogens with these and the wife and kids haven't noticed a thing so I say yes!
Oh and by the way I found a calculation which suggests I'm going to save £10 per month on them so they'll pay for themselves in 3 months.
What's not to like?
on 26 January 2015
Bought two packs of these bulbs to replace the halogens in our kitchen and was pretty pleased with the light they gave, but had some issues with some bulbs not working.

PROS:
- Good, strong light, very slightly less than a 50W halogen equivalent (in my opinion but hard to tell exactly) but given the power consumption of a full box of 10 of these is less than a single halogen bulb, it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make!
- Decent 'spread' on the beam (although again to me it feels a slightly more focused beam than we had before)
- Good 'warm' colour; certainly not the 'clinical' white I've seen elsewhere
- Easy to fit, worked as a direct replacement for the halogens we had
- Decent price compared to others on the market

CONS:
- Of the 20 I purchased, 4 of the bulbs were faulty and didn't work (3 in 1 box, 1 in the other). So while the price is good for a pack of 10, if you only get 7 good bulbs in a pack of 10, it doesn't feel quite so much of a bargain.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 13 February 2015
Great value lamps that work perfectly for what I want. Low wattage but equivalent to a 50W halogen - according to the blurb. To be honest, I'm not totally convinced about that, but it might just be that the actual lumen's are the same but the light quality is different. However, the amount of light is still impressive for such a low power draw and of course being LED, there is almost no heat and the light is instantaneous. Longevity should be there and so far in my house where every single lamp is now LED I have not had to replace one in over a year.

And if like me you have a wife - and even more so if the kids are still at home - you will understand that a light switch to the other members of the family is a one way device. It goes on, not off. For the price of one normal 50w lamp you can have ten of these babies going means that you can cut down your bill significantly without the marital discord of turning off lights after your better half.

To be honest its a win win for the price.
on 1 May 2014
Took a chance. Glad I did.

In fact these are actually slightly brighter than my old 50w halogen bulbs, although I think that part of the reason is the colour of the light, it is slightly more blue.

So if you have a cosy nook, don't use these...they will make it feel like a doctors. However for a kitchen etc...brilliant...and using less than 10% of the wattage I was before. Can't go wrong. Thank you.

Edit : June 2014.

OK, I knocked one star off as one of the ten bulbs has already stopped working. Sometimes. Not always, but I have moved it around to other fittings to make sure that the fitting is not at fault and it still intermittently stops working. Might be heat related, but I can't prove that. Otherwise all good and about to order another 10 for another room!
22 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 March 2015
LE LED bulbs arrived well packaged and on time.Light output is excellent together with a good spread of light. Dont mix warm white with daylight white as they are well apart in the spectrum.Daylight white is very white.They have fitted all our halogen assemblies and so far I have not had any flicker issues and still using the halogen transformers--maybe just lucky with the transformers.Very pleased with LE as a brand.Very little heat output compared with about 35W of heat from a 50W halogen.!!! Less fire risk too.
on 2 December 2015
Very good replacement for by tungston spots.
Had to change 2 mains transformer because they sat down. These I replaced with a SANPU LED Lighting Transformer 12V 100W 8A...
henzhen SANPU - See my review.
Slight delay when switching on which is not an embarisment, don't know enough whether its my mains transformer?

Bathroom lights are definitely brighter so very please with the overall results
on 4 October 2015
As other purchasers have found and reported: high failure rate with these lamps.

No such thing as a free lunch I guess.

Gave up with these bulbs eventually, and went for the more expensive Philips replacements, every one of which worked first time in whatever fitting I put them in.

Would send these ones back for a refund, but I'm not sure I want to waste any more time on them... My partner might be able to turn them into some kind of Christmas Tree decoration.
on 29 October 2015
One of the worst buys ever, why does Amazon allow this. Bulbs blow every week taking fuses with them, very poor quality, yet can't return them! Amazon, get your act in gear!
Had to give it one star but should be zero!!!!!!
on 31 January 2016
bought these led lights to use in my flat, and after having tried it in 3 different spotlights I had to replace the 3 transformers... something is wrong.. specs are exactly right for replacing the existing bulbs I have, but once installed they don't work, or blink, or kill the transformer... I bought 10 of these lights, and now I am stuck with them not being able to use them because they will damage the transformers.. totally waste of money...
on 16 April 2016
Very poor bulbs. Supposed to last 50000 hours. Not even lasted 500 hours. 4 out of 5 of these bulbs have died within a few months. Complete waste of money