Top critical review
3 people found this helpful
Those that worked were good...
on 26 January 2015
Bought two packs of these bulbs to replace the halogens in our kitchen and was pretty pleased with the light they gave, but had some issues with some bulbs not working.
- Good, strong light, very slightly less than a 50W halogen equivalent (in my opinion but hard to tell exactly) but given the power consumption of a full box of 10 of these is less than a single halogen bulb, it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make!
- Decent 'spread' on the beam (although again to me it feels a slightly more focused beam than we had before)
- Good 'warm' colour; certainly not the 'clinical' white I've seen elsewhere
- Easy to fit, worked as a direct replacement for the halogens we had
- Decent price compared to others on the market
- Of the 20 I purchased, 4 of the bulbs were faulty and didn't work (3 in 1 box, 1 in the other). So while the price is good for a pack of 10, if you only get 7 good bulbs in a pack of 10, it doesn't feel quite so much of a bargain.