on 6 December 2013
A lovely CD from Susan Boyle - perhaps her best yet. I have had this CD less than a week and have already listened to it twice.
It will be listened to many many more times before Christmas.
Susan Boyle sings with a beautiful voice bringing up to date in her own way many Christmas classics. An excellent CD!
4 people found this helpful
on 18 January 2014
This is one very rare woman, who can hit a nerve with an honest genuine emotional feeling that comes across so well in ALL her songs. Always an absolute delight to hear her at any time of the day. She has a true voice like a message is being passed to you personally, one which I have never witnessed quite so well ever before. I found that all her albums are a joy to listen to.
on 13 January 2014
Well Susan, you have done it again. Another brilliant CD and choice of songs. Although there were a few I didn't know to begin with like:

'I'll be home for Christmas'
'The Christmas Waltz '
'Miracle Hymn'

It is so relaxing and I love the sound of the bagpipes on 'Little Drummer Boy' Thought there was a whole band of bagpipes yet is only one - well that was all that appeared with Susan on 'The Paul O'Grady's Show' last month.

The only thing is that this being a Christmas CD it has had to be out away until next year!Oops, I mean Christmas this year.
on 15 December 2015
I bought this on the strength of the last track "Miracle Hymn" which Susan sings in the film "Christmas Candle". Her lovely clear voice is wonderful for this modern carol.The other tracks are very good too,especially dueting with Elvis on "O Come all ye faithful".
Well worth buying.
on 1 February 2014
I love the voice however I was not as happy with this cd as I have been with her last cd's. This one seems to be more of a Christmas album and I think it is better when she tackles the more normal day to day songs. I think that when releasing a cd at this time of the year it seems as though everyone expects it to be connected to Christmas. However I think she is better at the songs like Abba.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 29 December 2013
I was never really a Sue Boyle fan at all but I heard a track from this album and thought it was brilliant and so bought the album - I would prefer the Elvis one not to be in there as I feel that is a publicity stunt and quite freaky tbh but other than that great album - good choice of songs and her voice gets better all the time - very good album.
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 4 January 2014
I haven't been a Susan Boyle fan up until now. However, this album was superior to many Christmas albums I have heard (including Leona Lewis's). Boyle sings really sweetly and I could not help but play this over and over again!

Help! I had better lie down in a dark room <g>
on 19 January 2018
Purchased for Dad, sadly he passed away and never got to listen to this album, loved Susan Boyle's voice though - perhaps Mum will take time and possibly listen to in the future.
on 17 December 2013
I'm an 83 year old male and I adore this woman.
On this is "In the Bleak Midwinter" my favorite carol.
Her rendition is perfect.
Thank you Susan you have made an old man very very happy.Happy Christmas.
Keep going.God bless.David
on 3 December 2013
Track one, the duet with Elvis, says it all for this delightful album.
If you've never been moved by a Christmas Carol, you will with this one.
I had to immediately share it with a neighbour who loves Elvis.
She was overwhelmed.