Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 6 February 2015
Having finally decided to replace an old Time computers keyboard which shipped with a new computer my dad bought 16 years ago, I spent a lot of time researching various brands, layouts, styles, this that the other blah blah and found that, as with anything computer related, getting a good quality, reliable, well designed and ergonomic device, for a reasonable price, was quite difficult.

When someone hangs on to a keyboard that ships with a pre-built computer for 16 years, it's fair to say that they're pretty happy with what they've already got, and I am... or so I thought I was. My main criteria was something smaller and quieter than the existing beast. Ye Olde Faithful has a heap of extra buttons and gadgets surrounding the main keyboard, some of which I didn't mind losing, others (Calculator shortcut, media player controls amongst others) I was keen to keep. This was one of the few (that I was prepared to shell out for - I'm tight fisted with stuff like this) which retained these features.

An important point to note: When I first put the thing down on the desk it didn't quite sit level - see-sawing between 2 corners as if the feet were not level. If this happens on yours, don't panic. This board is nice and weighty - just let it settle down and it will level out and sit nice and flush after a few minutes. I left mine for a few minutes while I went to fetch the box, getting ready to pack it back up for return and by the time I'd come back to it the problem had gone.

The extra USB port on this was an added bonus. I didn't want it specifically, but now I use it so much I don't think I'll ever go back to reaching all the way over to the computer to plug in my flash stick. I did try plugging in my bluetooth dongle into this and although it worked, it drained too much power form the keyboard and the response time suffered massively. It was worth a shot though, but sadly it doesn't work.

The key action on this is both light and positive, as well as being reasonably quiet. The keys themselves have surprisingly little play in them, which you come to expect from cheap keyboards - lightly press your finger onto the top of any key on your board without pressing it down, then wiggle around a bit. This one has very little of the sloppyness you can feel there.

The backlight is quite well designed on this one as well. If you sit leaning back a little from the board, the lights just give off a nice soft glow from under the keys, as well as highlighting the letters through the top of each key. The 4-setting brightness is a nice touch as well - one keypress takes you from no backlight to dim - medium and bright, so if you;re gaming in the dark it's no hassle to dim the lights a little. That said even on the brightest setting this thing isn't dazzlingly over-lit.

The last praise I'm going to heap over this is the way that it stays put on the desk exactly where you put it! Some keyboards have one or two rubber feet, some (awful) keyboard have none. This one has 4 nice soft broad feet along the front edge and another 2 smaller ones on the backl (which only work when the board is in the lowered position), so even with the most ham-fisted pushy of typists, you won't find yourself chasing this one around your desk all the time!
review image
on 18 December 2013
I recently received this keyboard and intend to use it as a replacement for a Microsoft Multimedia keyboard I've had for a few years. As can be seen from the photos it's a black slimline keyboard with illuminated keys. It provides some additional Windows features on the function keys and includes a USB port on the left hand side. Although it is fairy compact it still has a proper set of cursor keys and a numeric keypad. It's UK layout means the " @ £ $ and # characters are in the usual places.

The keyboard is nice to type on and after a few hours I was already getting used to the tiny differences in key spacing you always get with a new keyboard. The keys aren't quite silent but they are no noiser than my Microsoft or HP KU-0316 boards that I use regularly. To be honest I wouldn't want a truely silent keyboard and the keys on this one make a sound that is perfectly acceptable.

One feature I like about this keyboard is the USB port in the top left-hand corner. This allows you to plug in a USB device and for me this saves me fiddling with ports on my PC under the desk. So far I've made good use of it when I've needed to use a USB flash drive. The only thing that is a bit annoying is that the plastic body overhangs the port and this might restrict access to chunkier flash drives. My Poundland SD card reader and Lexar Firefly are fine but my trusty SanDisk Cruzer is a bit of a tight fit. I suspect I will never want a keyboard without a USB port now I've got used to it.

As you would expect there are two little flip out legs on the back which can be used to lift up the back edge. These legs aren't quite as tall as on my other keyboards. It's fine for me but my wife would have preferred slightly more height.

My Microsoft keyboard had a lot of fancy special function keys on it. It seemed like a good idea at the time but in reality I rarely used most of them. Now I've swapped it for this Perixx model I've got some extra desk space back while still having a useful set of special feature keys. These include play, pause and mute which work fine with WinAmp (yes I'm still using it!). There are also email, search, file explorer and calculator keys. The one key I miss from my MS keyboard is a sleep key. F11 and F12 don't have special features associated with them so maybe Perixx could use one as a sleep key on a future revision.

The back lighting is a nice effect and you can adjust the brightness with a dedicated key. It gives you three levels of brightness as well as 'off'. It looks great in the dark but whether you see this as a useful feature is going to depend on your own personal preference. The keys only allow the light to escape from underneath and through the white character symbols. Some keyboards lightup the whole key but I find these a little to over the top. The Perixx does a good of illuminating the keys in a subtle way. I want to see the keys not have them lightup my desk!

Overall I like this keyboard and my previous one will go into my box of spare bits. At somepoint I will be testing it with my Raspberry Pi as I want to see how the USB port behaves.
on 26 January 2015
Perixx have a quality control problem. Let me explain:

The first board I got had the following issues (as already noted in several other reviews)

1) Very bad twist along the length of the board resulting in a really pronounced rocking motion when typing (unbearable)
2) The enter key is not sized/toleranced/constrained correctly so sometimes, if you press in a certain way, it will either bind, squeek or both.

I returned the board as it really was unacceptably badly warped (I considered just fixing it but it was too much to do so) and decided that I'd risk getting a replacement of the exact same model as it really has everything I want & at a good price.

I am now typing this review on the replacement and the twist on this one is still here but it's virtually unnoticeable unless you know to check. There is no rocking through normal typing at all, only if you specifically force it. The enter key still squeaks and binds a little, but a lot lot less.

Overall I am happy with the board as it stands, maybe more hassle than it's worth for some.

This is only day 1 of use so if anything starts to fail or mess up I will update the review.

Speaking as an Engineer, Perixx really need to step up their game and talk to their injection moulders & tool makers, this problem can be solved with fairly small modifications, I really hope that they do!
on 30 March 2016
I've been using this keyboard daily now for several months and I'm confident that I can now give a full review.

Small and compact
Good grip to most surfaces
Just the right amount of back lighting
Relatively quiet keys with a nice action

Keyboard didn't sit flat out of the box and took some heavy bending and time to get it to warp into a flat position
USB has limited use
Only slightly adjustable by one level
No sleep hotkey, very little thing here but something I really miss compared to my old keyboard

All in all a good product but not something I can give five stars to.

I hope you've found this review helpful, and thanks for taking the time to read it. If so, please click the "Yes" button below this review. If you have any further questions about the product, or any other comments, please add them below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, make use of the "Ask a question" function on the listing, you're likely to get several responses from both the supplier and other customers within a few hours.
on 30 March 2014
I've owned quite a few keyboards over the years from generic no-frills, a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000. I bought this keyboard to replace an old Xenta Chiclet Ultra-Slim keyboard that packed in after several years. I was highly reluctant to purchase this keyboard as I had never heard of the brand Perixx until a friend suggested them and it seemed too good to be true.

I can say that this is a pleasure to use. The keys are crunchy (tactile) and very quiet. it uses scissor switches which most people will be familiar with as they're used in laptops, notebooks and netbooks. Just typing this review is a pleasing experience than say in comparison to the Natural Ergonomic 4000 I mentioned earlier in this comment. I haven't tested it with gaming yet, which I tend to do a lot of--but based on the Xenta keyboard which was also chiclet and of a similar layout, I should imagine this Periboard 311Plus to offer a great experience.

The keys are well-lit, bright even at the lowest setting with some daylight (say if you have closed venetian blinds). I can only imagine that they will be more than adequate in a darkened room.

One of my main concerns was that the title of this item states it is the UK layout, but the images used displays the US layout. I'll admit I panicked a bit since I didn't notice until after it was put through picking, packing and dispatch. But I can confirm that it is indeed the UK layout.

I love the fact that this keyboard has a built-in USB port. As someone who is frequently connecting my tablet to my PC as well as flash drives, it's nice not having to reach down to my tower, especially when time is precious.

Now onto the Fn (Function) key and other options. There is plentiful, but I am perplexed as to why they failed to include options to raise and lower the volume while providing a mute option for playback of media. So the F11 and F12 don't serve any secondary functions with the Fn key pressed. Those are just things I wish they had done, and it's not going to hurt my rating any. I love the fact it has not one, but two Win(dows) keys for quick access to the Start Menu (or Start Screen if you're using Windows 8/8.1).

This is easily my new favourite keyboard, and I'd highly recommend purchasing it. It's definitely one of the best chiclet keyboards I've seen for the price point in recent times.
on 19 January 2015
The keyboard came to me bent.

Holding it up to eye-level, it is very bent and the keyboard wobbles.
I tried bending it back without snapping the keyboard but it wouldn't move back.

I am currently typing with this keyboard now and the keys are in normal places, the picture is displayed is not this key layout so do not worry - it is the UK one for sure.

This is a poor design to incorporate the illuminated factor. It looks like there's lines of light under the keys, I just want to see the letters lit up, not other parts that shouldn't be.

I hate the random ugly white logo in the top left, it just adds a big cheap feel to it.

The flaps under the keyboard to raise it, barely raises it at all because the flaps go TOO FAR therefore reducing in rise again.

My fingers seem to be getting dry from using this, weird...

Time to send it back.
99 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 February 2016
Trouble is that it's quite expensive but it's definitely worth the expense. Bought the full size one a while ago for £24.99 and the small one for £17.99 more recently. They are both really good with really nice feeling keys. It's durable too, I've spilled so many things on mine and all you have to do is unplug it, rinse it under the tap, wait for it to dry for a couple of days then plug it back in and it's all good. It's also super thin, meaning that you don't need a wrist rest and it looks pretty nice too. In my opinion it's better than the Apple keyboard, it's got more travel and more height at the back.

The backlight isn't that strong though; the keys aren't very transparent so they block most of the light. I'd also like to have volume control. The USB port on the hub is upside down which isn't amazing but it's a product of the design of the insides.
on 20 November 2015
This little keyboard is fantastic , the keys are a joy to use and no fancy gimmicks with all the different light formations only what you need in the dark which is white, it look just the same as if you had a new all in one pc , excellent value and very well made .and yes it is to UK specification.
on 10 March 2015
This keyboard is tripe: It’s bent, so it rocks when you type. The Enter also key squeaks, like someone scratching a black board with their nails in short bursts. The cable coming out of the right hand side hits my mouse.

Wish I’d listened to the other reviewers.
on 19 August 2016
I thought this might be too small for my fingers, but in fact even though it is smaller than my latop keys, its far easier to use. The backlighting is 'just right', the key feel is excellent, and you get an extra USB2 port. What's not to like.