Price:£19.94 - £35.57

on 30 July 2012
I decided to buy this light for three reasons. The first is that my current rear light produces a rather concentrated beam that can only be properly seen if you directly in line with it. This is, obviously, of no use when you are trying to be made visible by traffic that is sprawling a dual carriageway during rush hour. The second is that I was sick of buying AA batteries every time they ran out. Re-chargeable ones were of no use because they couldn't discharge electricity effectively enough to power the light properly. The third is that I had two the small Knog Strobes which are great little lights.

First of all, this is a solidly and well-made product which you get a feel for as soon as you remove it from its packaging.

The designs of these lights are fantastic and there's a colour for everyone really. I got the silver one because I'm a bit boring.

The LEDs themselves are fantastically bright and can be seen from every angle of their visible radius, no matter whether you're right in line with them or way off to the side. This is exactly what you want if you're cycling on busy roads, or if you just want to be made more visible full stop. I use them during the day as well as at night/when it's dark because they're bright enough to be noticeable during daylight hours, too.

There are several different flashing modes that range from your standard rapid blinks to alternations between the four LEDs Knight Rider-style. All pretty impressive. Furthermore, the light remembers your last setting when you turn it back on so you don't have to cycle through all the modes to get to your preferred setting like you do with most other lights.

Lastly, the USB recharge function is great. No need for batteries. A small USB stick-style adapter folds out of the back of the unit and simply plugs into any USB port so you can leave it on charge whilst you're at work or with any other device with a USB port. A small red light illuminates whilst it's charging and changes to green once charging is complete.

A fantastic light, well worth the money.
on 7 April 2015
I have used many Knog lights for my bike, they've all lived long and done their job well, so I recommend them, especially the new style usb rechargeable lights.

However, this particular order has failed me. The rubber clasp has split and broken rendering the light un-usable. The return policy is for one month, this has happened after 5 months and really not much use, so I'm really not happy with the service rather than the product. Previous lights are still performing after years I expected more.

Is it better to buy from a shop where a face to face conversation might result in a straight swap no matter what time has elapsed?!!
review image review image
on 10 October 2015
im impressed with these light,im always buying things for my bike,and have had many lights,including led ones,i like the many different functions,and the charging light telling you its charged is great,so far my strap has not broken,but i
dont see it breaking,but ive only used it a few times,if it were to break like other review mention then yes it would make the lights useless and cannot see a way to fix it to bike unless taped,but so far so good,i think its when the strap is done too tight maybe on fatter seat posts?
apart from that the qaulity of the light is obvious as soon as you take it out the box.
it is very very bright,and any cars on the road day or night wont miss you for sure.so far im very happy with the lights,and would reccomend to anyone who wants nice bright led lights.caution dont look directly into these lights when you turn them on as very bright.

UPDATE++++++like all other reviews before my strap eventually broke making it useless,it was even tightly strapped to anything,such a good ligh but crap strap,be warned,
on 4 June 2013
The four LEDs give it some visual dimension (it's difficult to judge the distance to a single LED, however bright) and this is a BRIGHT light! Easy to recharge, with the USB connector built in. My only criticism is that I find it a bit tricky to get on and off - although it seems secure enough once on.
on 23 December 2015
Let me start by saying that these lights are great. I have the front 4 and this item, the rear 4. However, i am now on my 3rd replacement. the first one stopped charging after 2 weeks. The replacement lasted a month and 4 night rides and the clip has come off because the rubber has split. 3rd one coming from Amazon so hopefully it will be third time lucky. The light itself is very good. Bright LED;s and a range of patterns that can be selected. They hold a charge for a long time, although I havent been able to extensively test this because of the aforementioned issues. The look great and they fit easily around the seat post, I have rated them as 4 star as my experience deems them lacking in quality.
VINE VOICEon 20 February 2014
It does exactly what you want. It's really bright. It has a range of flash modes (and remembers the last one you used) so if you get a complaint from a cyclist behind you that the flashing is giving her a headache, you can choose another mode. It's rechargeable via USB (just plug it into your PC). It's fairly unobtrusive (you might even get away with the ungodly not spotting it for what it is, especially if you get the black one like I did).

It's not cheap, but it's all the rear light you could reasonably need.
on 21 March 2014
This product is amazing and very bright I was a bit worried about the price to be honest but the retail price for these lights are around £35 I felt like I was getting a bargain for £16! Very good service and postage was an issue as it needed to be signed for, only issue I have is that because I've ordered two lights from different companies (front) and (rear) I have to wait for the front lights to come :(

I was a bit skeptic when purchasing this
because all around the web it says that the clip can break easily.. Nothing yet but only time can tell.

This is an must buy for frequent cyclists.
on 1 July 2015
I'm going to review this item in 2 halves:-
a) The LED light is second to none - the clarity and distance that it can be seen from does give a bike rider some added security that he/she is going to be seen from behind by a car driver.

b) These lights are not cheap and having had this item 2 months, the rubber strap that attaches the unit to your bike saddle bar has broken.The way the unit is designed there is no real way to replace this and also nothing very easily to use to retrofit the light to your saddle bar.

This is a real shame as up to that point I would have given the unit 5 stars without any thought but 2 months use, where I have only taken it off the saddle twice to recharge is not very good for something that costs this much.
on 16 November 2014
These lights are excellent in terms of brightness, size, and light modes. Ideal really if it were not for two drawbacks

1. the fasteners are rubber with a metal clasp that folds back, tensioning the rubber strap around the tube. Several times now these have come loose and dropped off my handlebars when cycling over moderately bumpy roads. This should not happen and I would prefer a more secure system. Of course, you have to remove these after every ride to charge them in a USB port so easy remove is a must too.

2. having had a front and rear pair for about 9 months, one of them stops working about 90mins into the ride, despite being fully charged. That too should not happen for what are not cheap lights.
on 19 June 2016
A good, bright light, rechargeable (standard USB.) The USB connector is a bit awkward, might not always fit in all ports because of the way it folds out of the light. Also I'm not a fan of the rubber band fastener - I'd prefer something that's screwed on and can be clipped on and off.

I do like the looks of it - it looks so much better than any ordinary bike light.

See one answered question