on 3 March 2017
Having bought two of these lights, I was dismayed to find like others on these reviews my rubber clip broke after use. I have a Brompton so having a wrap around light on the saddle post is very handy - but wont be buying these any more
review image review image review image review image
on 30 July 2012
I decided to buy this light for three reasons. The first is that my current rear light produces a rather concentrated beam that can only be properly seen if you directly in line with it. This is, obviously, of no use when you are trying to be made visible by traffic that is sprawling a dual carriageway during rush hour. The second is that I was sick of buying AA batteries every time they ran out. Re-chargeable ones were of no use because they couldn't discharge electricity effectively enough to power the light properly. The third is that I had two the small Knog Strobes which are great little lights.

First of all, this is a solidly and well-made product which you get a feel for as soon as you remove it from its packaging.

The designs of these lights are fantastic and there's a colour for everyone really. I got the silver one because I'm a bit boring.

The LEDs themselves are fantastically bright and can be seen from every angle of their visible radius, no matter whether you're right in line with them or way off to the side. This is exactly what you want if you're cycling on busy roads, or if you just want to be made more visible full stop. I use them during the day as well as at night/when it's dark because they're bright enough to be noticeable during daylight hours, too.

There are several different flashing modes that range from your standard rapid blinks to alternations between the four LEDs Knight Rider-style. All pretty impressive. Furthermore, the light remembers your last setting when you turn it back on so you don't have to cycle through all the modes to get to your preferred setting like you do with most other lights.

Lastly, the USB recharge function is great. No need for batteries. A small USB stick-style adapter folds out of the back of the unit and simply plugs into any USB port so you can leave it on charge whilst you're at work or with any other device with a USB port. A small red light illuminates whilst it's charging and changes to green once charging is complete.

A fantastic light, well worth the money.
on 7 April 2015
I have used many Knog lights for my bike, they've all lived long and done their job well, so I recommend them, especially the new style usb rechargeable lights.

However, this particular order has failed me. The rubber clasp has split and broken rendering the light un-usable. The return policy is for one month, this has happened after 5 months and really not much use, so I'm really not happy with the service rather than the product. Previous lights are still performing after years I expected more.

Is it better to buy from a shop where a face to face conversation might result in a straight swap no matter what time has elapsed?!!
review image review image
on 1 July 2015
I'm going to review this item in 2 halves:-
a) The LED light is second to none - the clarity and distance that it can be seen from does give a bike rider some added security that he/she is going to be seen from behind by a car driver.

b) These lights are not cheap and having had this item 2 months, the rubber strap that attaches the unit to your bike saddle bar has broken.The way the unit is designed there is no real way to replace this and also nothing very easily to use to retrofit the light to your saddle bar.

This is a real shame as up to that point I would have given the unit 5 stars without any thought but 2 months use, where I have only taken it off the saddle twice to recharge is not very good for something that costs this much.
on 16 November 2014
These lights are excellent in terms of brightness, size, and light modes. Ideal really if it were not for two drawbacks

1. the fasteners are rubber with a metal clasp that folds back, tensioning the rubber strap around the tube. Several times now these have come loose and dropped off my handlebars when cycling over moderately bumpy roads. This should not happen and I would prefer a more secure system. Of course, you have to remove these after every ride to charge them in a USB port so easy remove is a must too.

2. having had a front and rear pair for about 9 months, one of them stops working about 90mins into the ride, despite being fully charged. That too should not happen for what are not cheap lights.
on 10 October 2015
im impressed with these light,im always buying things for my bike,and have had many lights,including led ones,i like the many different functions,and the charging light telling you its charged is great,so far my strap has not broken,but i
dont see it breaking,but ive only used it a few times,if it were to break like other review mention then yes it would make the lights useless and cannot see a way to fix it to bike unless taped,but so far so good,i think its when the strap is done too tight maybe on fatter seat posts?
apart from that the qaulity of the light is obvious as soon as you take it out the box.
it is very very bright,and any cars on the road day or night wont miss you for sure.so far im very happy with the lights,and would reccomend to anyone who wants nice bright led lights.caution dont look directly into these lights when you turn them on as very bright.

UPDATE++++++like all other reviews before my strap eventually broke making it useless,it was even tightly strapped to anything,such a good ligh but crap strap,be warned,
on 30 November 2015
As many others have previously commented the lights themselves are great. However, I've just gone to my bike to find the rear light on the floor with the rubber having split so I now have no obvious way of attaching the light to the seatpost rendering the lights useless. Really disappointed given that I've only been using them for 2/3 months
UPDATE
I wrote to Knogg about this issue and they sent me a claim form. After filling out the form I received a brand new light without having to return the broken one. For this reason I've given the product four stars as the light itself is great. I would imagine that the company is striving to improve the problem with the fixing
on 28 December 2015
Really cool light. I leave it on all the time and it runs for ages. You can charge it from any USB port. One less thing to carry on the commute to work and back.

Big thanks to everyone for warning buyers about the silicone rubber strap breaking. I smear a little Vaseline on the strap which helps it slide as the cam operated catch closes.
on 4 June 2013
The four LEDs give it some visual dimension (it's difficult to judge the distance to a single LED, however bright) and this is a BRIGHT light! Easy to recharge, with the USB connector built in. My only criticism is that I find it a bit tricky to get on and off - although it seems secure enough once on.
VINE VOICEon 20 February 2014
It does exactly what you want. It's really bright. It has a range of flash modes (and remembers the last one you used) so if you get a complaint from a cyclist behind you that the flashing is giving her a headache, you can choose another mode. It's rechargeable via USB (just plug it into your PC). It's fairly unobtrusive (you might even get away with the ungodly not spotting it for what it is, especially if you get the black one like I did).

It's not cheap, but it's all the rear light you could reasonably need.

See one answered question