on 22 November 2014
I read all the comments...
Got scared with some but decided to go ahead with it.
I HAVE NOT REGRETED AT ALL!!!
Since the first one, I bought 3 more, one to replace the one my younger son (14) broke it (he stepped on it, without the cover ;(), one for my older son (16) and another for my daughter (18).
The image might not be like some of the more confiscated ones, but you can still download the apps, play games, see films, Skype and have the children happy with it.
I did not have to be an expert to start it.
I follow some of the advises and got the front clear protection and the case: a must for children/teens.
I would like to suggest this for parents looking for a nice size tablet (9") for the little ones, without having to spent a fortune on it.
on 6 May 2014
Pay for what you get here. At the end of the day its a cheap tablet, but works well enough consisting the price. We also bought a micro SD to bump up the memory to 16gb. Loaded all the android apps on the mother in law before we wreaked it. Connector to the charger seems a bit sub standard and battery life is not very long. But she loves it. Does most of the things her android phone does (not calls or mobile 3g) but she connects at home to Wi-Fi no probs and at the cost of a fraction of an iPad.
on 24 April 2014
I already had a A13 tablet but was so slow, I'm so glad I upgraded to A20 Allwinner Dual Core. It makes such a difference with playing videos, screen is so vibrant, also copying files to External SD card everything is so smooth (just a little tip transfer all apps to work on External SD card it gives you a much better operation of all apps) Also opt for 64Gb SD card class10 so much more room for films and TV series. I'mm looking forward to my 4 hour flight just so I can watch everything I have downloaded to SD card, lots of Youtube stuff to watch too.
on 12 March 2014
Ordered this Wednesday midday with regular shipping - it arrived on Thursday afternoon! Charged it up and had a play - I was expecting it to be pretty bog standard - we also have latest gen IPad , so wasn't expecting massively favourable comparisons given this was just a little over a tenth of the price of the IPad. But in all aspects it's a lot better than a tenth of the quality. Yes, the screen isn't anywhere near te quality, but absolutely fine for most things unless you're a hardcore user of heavy graphics. .The cameras, to be fair, are a little bit pants and I wouldn't use them if I was videoconferencing all the time (but then we have the IPad for that.

Some reviews also said the battery life was rubbish. But it seems pretty much in line with its spec (8 hours I think), and we personally don't use it much on the go, mostly at home, so it's never much of an effort to plug it in after that space of time.

For a bit over 50 quid, amazing VFM, does everything it needs to and came far quicker than I was expecting. Full marks!
on 14 March 2014
This is an all round good tablet for the price. It does every thing I need to do ie play music, ebooks, movies, surfing the internet ect. Abit slow to first boot up but once its on it is reliable and hasnt crashed yet. The only con with it is the battery life with constant use it only lasts about 2-3 hrs. When you unplug it from the mains it goes from 100% charged to 85% charged in about 2 secs. Apart from that I would defo get more and plan too.
on 5 May 2014
Looks good and initially the screen was easy to navigate with good sense-touch. Terrible wi-fi range though -- it wouldn't pick up a router any more than about 5 metres away. After a week parts of the screen became non-touch sensitive and then after two weeks it packed up altogether never to return. I know it's a cheap Android but I thought it might have seen the first month out... dreadful.
on 19 June 2014
I liked it and still like it. But it has to be remembered that this is my first foray into the world of tablets and I'm easy to please. Its easy to use and I have found things fairly straightforward and have been able to do most things I want to do with the minimum of assistance from the children. With hindsight, it would have been better if the charging lead was longer, its inconveniently short, I can buy another one I suppose. Also the battery life was vastly exaggerated which makes the short lead even more exasperating. Now that I think about it, its a really inconvenient size, neither fish nor fowl as the saying goes, so I have had a great deal of difficulty finding a suitable case for it. On the whole its a great first buy, but with the experience its given me, I won't be buying another.
on 13 June 2014
Item arrived in good time but that is where the positives end, the tablet was not fit for use would not do anything kept freezing had to press small button on back to reset every two mins was not able to do anything on this at all, useless product avoid at all costs seller did give a refund swiftly so at least there was that but pay a little more and get a branded product as you get what you pay for buy you would at least think it would let you do the simplest of functions but no !!! Total junk, seller should be ashamed of themselves for passing this off as a budget tablet its total crap AVOID!!!
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 22 May 2014
Build is not great and the screen looks cheep a bit slow to upload, camera rubish. You get what you pay for. Other than that it great! Android platform. it is durable and robust, good size screen. All works fine. Not up to the standard of my Samsung, but then it was less than a 1/4 the price. If you want a tablet on a budget would highly recommend it
on 19 February 2014
I bought this for my 9 year old lad and he loves it. Bought the case for it as well and he won't put it down now.

Connects to wifi no probbs. Speakers very good so is the screen. I know it's no i-pad but for the price it's a good second.

Will update when he has had it for a while.