Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£13.12

on 31 July 2013
I'm at a bit of a loss with this book. I loved Release and Claim Me, but something fell a bit short this time. Don't get me wrong it is a perfectly good book, with a perfectly good ending but I feel a little short changed, I didn't have any "OMG" or "WTF" moments this time like I did before.

One of the main reasons I loved the first two books was because they didn't feel like I was reading something that had already been done and rehashed again, Damien and Nikki's story was developing nicely and there were a lot of aspects to be tied up in book 3. Julie did tie all those things up some of them extremely quickly if I am being completely honest, it was like "huh, is that it". But the continual de-ja vu moments I had while reading eventually couldn't be silenced, the first few times I was like OK, it stands to reason you will have a few similarities, but sadly, they literally continued right the way up to the end, it was also pretty easy to spot the villain (for want of a better word), as soon as they appeared.

Let's face it alot of authors have jumped on the FSOG and Crossfire bandwagon, some good some bad, and at no time did I feel that with Release/Claim Me. I can't really say that for Complete Me, it was one after another after another. I don't post spoilers in my reviews, but when you read it you will understand what I mean. Again, I want to clarify that the book is still pretty good, just not up to the high standard that was set with the first two.

I also have to say that there was so much sex going on in this book that the storyline completely disappeared at times. It got to the point where again it felt like I had read the same scenes in previous books. Damien's Dom side seems to be a little more prevalent in this book, but, and I honestly never ever thought I would say this the constant boffing, got a bit old as things went on, conversation was pretty minimal in some parts of the book because of it.

Author bashing is not my thing, and I respect each and every author/book I have the opportunity to read/review. I still love Damien and Nikki, and I think their relationship as a whole became fully defined in this book, Nikki realised exactly what it was she gave Damien by being with him. As well as the full extent his support, emotional and sexually gave her the confidence to believe in herself and to fight her own demons.

Damien - "I'm never letting you go,Nikki," he says, taking my hand and pulling me close. "I'd never forgive you if you did".

You'll want to read this book to see how their journey ends, as I said it ends well, but it's more of a sparkler than a roman candle this time.

ARC was provided by Netgalley, and I am pleased to provide the above honest review as thanks.
on 31 July 2013
I really enjoyed the first two books but the long awaited trilogy was a big disappointment for me. There is so much repetition with regards to Nicki's feelings and sex scenes that I ended up skipping pages.
Complete Me - J Kenner
4.5 stars!!

Damien Stark is backkkkk, this book carries on from the other two, Damien is in Germany sorting out his legal problems, he and Nikki are couped up in their hotel room whilst Damien is awaiting his court case to start. They are both still madly in love with each other and we are left hoping that the strain of this does not ruin what they have. Damien is being his usual self and keeping everything close to his chest trying not to worry Nikki, but Nikki knows him better than that and she keeps him talking and getting him to vent. She tries to persuade him to do whatever necessary to keep himself out of prison and as we know, Damien does not want to do this.

Nikki is still being harassed but she keeps it to herself as she feels that Damien has enough on his plate to deal with, she feels that these are the least of her problems. They still have the sizzling chemistry and the bedroom scenes or wherever else scenes are seriously smoking as usual...as we know, these two do have a lot of sex so be prepared...I am not a fan of gratuitous sex for the shock factor but as we know, for these two it is their coping mechanism and it tied into the story beautifully, but it is there in abundance so get your fans ready, you will need cooling down!!

Here are some of my favourite quotes...

"I want to hold you close. To cherish and protect you. To draw you in until we are so close that I am lost within you. I want to take you to bed, to watch the way your skin tightens beneath my fingers, the way your body awakens under my touch. I want to trail kisses over you until you are lost in so much pleasure that you don't know where you end and I begin. I want to tie you up and f you until there is no doubt you are mine. I want to dress you up and take you out, and show you off, this beautiful, vibrant, brilliant woman. Everything I've built? All my companies? All my billions? They have no value compared to you."

"You're what gives me strength. If I am what centers you, Nikki, then you are what anchors me. Every time I touch you, every time I bury myself deep inside you-Nikki don't you see? You are the talisman of my life, and if I lose my grip on you, then I have lost myself."

"I love you Nikki. I will always fight for you."

We do get answers in this book and they are revealed slowly so you never know the whole story until the end, I must admit I was shocked when the stalker was revealed, I never saw it coming. I do feel that these two deserved an epilogue as I am anxious to see how it all pans out for them going forward. I have already harassed J Kenner and all I got was "nothing planned but never say never"...well I am begging for the never to never happen and for her to get writing some more Damien and Nikki. It is a natural ending for the two so don't think their story is not complete, but I was just not ready for it to be finished.

A brilliant ending to a fab series!

[...]
on 31 July 2013
I won't go into the plot as that has been well covered but this final instalment was absolutely worth waiting for.
Both Damien and Nikki find themselves with a whole lot more drama but they both grow into their relationship more although at times I wanted to yell at Damien to not keep the truth from Nikki even though he always did it with her best interests at heart.
I loved how much they loved each other and their passion ignited the pages till I was also hot and wanting! Oh yeah...
Broke my heart towards the end when Nikki made a truly heartbreaking decision to spare her true love ...does Damien though come through for her ? Read it and see, you won't be disappointed.
I loved this book and the whole trilogy, we all want a Damien in our lives and this book did not change my mind....sexy...passionate...hot as all hell.J Kenner I love you!
on 30 July 2013
Complete Me. J. Kenner.

ARC supplied by Netgalley.

I've loved this series so far, the first two books were full of drama and sex, but written in an intelligent way. There seems to be a faction in writing that deems words of more than two syllables are not acceptable :( Which is a shame as the English language is so versatile and its so much more interesting to read works that use it to the fullest extent.
Anyway- book three. This picks up where book two left off with Damien on trial for murder in Germany. Nikki knows he's worried but he's withdrawn back into that shell he has where he tells everyone he's fine. She's knows through her own experience that "I'm fine" can meant anything but fine, and feels that getting Damien to open to her and share emotions and problems is one step forward and two steps back much of the time. They're both people damaged by their pasts and fighting current demons. With Damien's help Nikki has managed not to cut again but its an ongoing struggle and the dramas in this book prove very testing to her. Damien's need for control escalates to match the tension he's going through. Nikki gets annoyed when she finds out some of the things he's done in the name of protecting her. I can understand how she feels and yet, Damien is feeling his life is spiralling away and he needs to exert control over the parts he can, and his love for Nikki means he wants to defend her against anything he thinks might cause harm to her and he'll use any method needed to do so. It leaves Nikki feeling deceived at times and they argue, and then...lots of make up sex. That man has a way with words and body :) I said before J Kenner write sex that's erotic and sensual, sizzling and steamy not the dire, endless , dull stuff that passes for erotica in so many books, and once again she's pulled out all the stops to write lots of sex, but not in a repetitive manner.
We meet many of the characters from past books in this one, along with some new people. As always J Kenner's characters almost jump off the page they feel so real, its as if you can touch them. Jamie is still the same ditzy, loving friend seeking and wanting love but in reality just constantly bed hopping. Nikki worries over her and tries to support her, but with her own problems there's limited time to do anything for her. Ollie, I said in last book he needed a kick up the ar$e - well, finally he redeems himself in this book. He's still the same man whore, still engaged to poor Courtney but towards the end he really pulls out the stops! There's sex - lots and lots of hot, steamy, erotic sex but at times I felt that Damien was using sex as the answer to everything he didn't want to discuss and ....and I got annoyed at him. I wanted more than just sex, some action other than in the bedroom - and kitchen, living room, bathroom, on the desk...you get the picture? It was as if sex was the answer to everything and I got fed up of it. :( I'd been so gripped by the first two books that I didn't understand why this one seemed to be going so slowly. It was exciting, erotic and everything seemed plausible so why wasn't I feeling the love? Dunno - but - by 60% it began to pick up to race into a finale that I had no clue was coming. I cried, the angst Nikki and Damien was feeling was palpable. I was "oh no..." but couldn't see what else Nikki could have done. The identity of the person behind the drama was one I'd never have suspected. Fantastic wrap up to a sizzlingly sensual trilogy.

As always I'm pleased to get to end and find out what happened but sad to let go of characters that feel they've become friends. Still, its definitely a trio for the keepers file, and it'll be great to re read them without having to wait for instalments.

A well done too for J Kenner for keeping price the same throughout. I've noticed a creeping trend for book one to be free or 77p, book two to be around £2.50-3.50 and book three to be £4.99. To me that's deceiving. I want to know what I'm going to spend before getting sucked into a new trilogy and with variable prices it leaves we readers feeling a bit suckered. Keep first one free or low price but 2 and 3 ought to be priced the same :)

Stars: Slow start I felt, but a fantastic ending that made up for that so five.
on 31 July 2013
I really enjoyed books 1 and 2 and pre-ordered this a few months ago, the story of Damien and Nikki was bubbling along nicely and left on a great cliff-hanger at the end of book 2.

I must admit that I actually skipped pages of book 3 thinking 'I'm a bit bored of these drawn out, samey sex scenes, can we get back to the story please, I want to know what happens'. I can't recall ever feeling like that reading books 1 & 2. Loose ends were tied off certainly, but quite abruptly in some cases. The whole Germany thing left me feeling a bit short-changed. Other key elements/characters kind of fizzled out a bit (Jamie?).

I sussed the main crunch point about half way through and it was pretty well done in the end, but I do think this could have been a more storming conclusion to a really enjoyable trilogy if there had been less sex and more story development. The plot elements were good but could have done with more build-up; the sex kind of side-lined a really good story line in this book which it hadn't in the previous two.

Still I did enjoy it, and would recommend the trilogy but would have liked it to end with a bit more oomph and a few less 'Oh Damien!' s. :D
on 30 July 2013
This had me hooked from the start. It felt like ages waiting for this to come out but i have to say the wait was thoroughly worth it! Damien and Nikki are brilliant characters together. They went through so much together but thankfully got their happy ending. Everything came out in this book, ending all speculation on all the dramas they had to face. Some i guessed, some i didn't. I have to say that J Kenner certainly knows how to write HOT scenes, there were plenty in here to get you fanning yourself!lol Loved the conclusion to this series, Damien Stark is gorgeous and the ending had me smiling so much! Definitely recommend this series!!
on 1 August 2013
i read couple reviews saying book ain't as good as book 1 & 2 hand on heart i can definitely say load of rubbish i loved it ! Secrets,lies,hurt,drama,all rolled into one i had a feeling monica wasn't who she said she was ending was romantically beautiful.sex was v hot damien still moody,demanding,secretive,loves nikki with all his heart.sad end of series i would love another book to see how the relationship progress.
on 3 August 2013
4.5 STARS
I'm sad :(
The trilogy is over and I have no more chance to dip into the lives of Nikki and Damien.
Yeah, I fell in love with their love!

Damien was a fantastic male lead, but what I loved most was his unconditional love for Nikki, with all her baggage and issues, he made her see that she could get through this, particularly when she had lead a life of conditional love, it was a surprise that she was not screwed up more than she was.

Really enjoyed the diverse characters - loved Jamie and the relationship between her and Nikki and the male monikers they had for each other - that was funny.

The book flows immediately from Book 2, with Damien on trial in Germany. TBH I thought that I was going to be reading a scene with him in prison, as I could not see a way out and that's what the book does, it keeps you guessing and you never can predict what is going to happen. Each chapter ends with a "cliffhanger" type ending so you cannot help but have to turn the page. So in the end you really cannot put the book down.

The author does have a whole hat of tricks in relation to writing credibly about magazine gossip, tennis, sci-fi, techie stuff - there is a lot of lifestyle angles in this book and the author does it convincingly.

My lack of a perfect score is that we are back to the massively overused "C" word and the sex scenes started to get a bit samey. It would have been lower, but I did like the "whodunnit" angle to the storyline, which piqued my interest and keep me engrossed in the book.

Oh and by the way, did I tell that you I loved this book?!
on 7 August 2013
so many twist and turns in this last book, I felt I was skipping some pages as the sex was just repeating itself over & over and I just wanted to know where the story was going to end up, but did thoroughly enjoy all of the stark trilogy...