on 4 September 2014
I was fed up of Apple's restrictions on their phones and having to use iTunes.

Much happier with Android and its drag-and-drop easy file access from ringtones, alert, message and alarm tones and copying photo's from phone to PC is couldn't be easier.

Phone is very lightweight and has excellent camera, little things like being able to have the alarm volume different to the normal ringtone volume (Who needs an alarm on full blast at 6am in the morning when there's no sound, compared to having a phone in your pocket in a busy public place where full blast is needed?! - A dig at iOS..)

Quality camera - don't be put off by its 8MP statement, camera is much better on this than on the girlfriends HTC Desire 610 which is brand new to the market and also 8MP.

I'm a heavy user of the phone, literally use it all day for either Spotify at work, checking football bets, facebook, emails coming in through the multiple accounts it copes with (Work, hotmail, yahoo, zoho and more!) and the battery lasts me about a day. Buying a second charger to keep at work keeps my phone topped up at all times.

Very happy making the switch from iOS to Android and definitely would stick to Nexus when the newer phone comes out, whatever it is called!
on 13 August 2015
Just a fantastic phone, and really great value even when I bought it about a year ago.
Very versatile thanks to the pure android operating system without any provider/OEM BS like you get with Samsung.
I don't particularly like the android layout, but that's no problem because it's completely customisable and you can download so many different homepacks from third parties to find a layout/features that work for you. And that is the beauty of pure android, on a google phone.
Good stuff.
on 11 November 2015
Over a year since purchasing this phone and I still love it. It'll take a lot to convince me to upgrade from this amazing phone. Nexus 6? New iPhone? Ha! I don't care. The Nexus 5 continues to be the deal of the century.

It's still among the first in line when it comes to new android version releases too.
on 31 July 2014
This phone is great. I was using one as a test device for a few months and I liked it so much that I bought my own. Love the back cover material, feels great holding the phone and the screen is top notch.

Worth getting, even now when there might be a new phone. This phone will still get all the updates and have support via root long past that. I don't think you will lose out if you buy this and not wait for the Nexus 6 or whatever it will be called.

Really smooth phone overall. Got it running Android L and it works really well. I still use the test device which is on Android 4.4.4 and that too is super smooth.
on 18 March 2017
I like mine immensely I cant find any actual faults with the phone it is fast snappy and being Google it always has the updates etc first. I could buy 3 iphones for the price of this and most of the apps are free!!!
on 16 March 2017
We bought this to replace one that was lost. It is a good product which is easy and convenient to use.
on 5 July 2014
The black rubberised coat is quite durable. I was surprised that after using it for months without any pouch or protector, it still looks like new. The screen though is already scratched. If you're buying a Nexus 5, get a screen protector as well, it isn't as strong and scratch resistant as advertised.
on 23 April 2017
Good product, arrived as seen in image
on 31 August 2014
exactly what you have come to expect from LG and Google. a great phone with a reasonable price tag. all of the features of an apple device without their restricting and cumbersome operating system.

i keep it in my pocket with no protection and there isnt a single mark on it.

would recommend to anyone.
on 7 August 2017