1,285
Format: DVD|Change

on 13 January 2016
this is a movie I would recommend to everyone and the most uplifting film I have seen for many a year
just excellent and if you are not a Proclaimers fan after then you have a serious problem with your hearing
the end is just the ultimate in bringing a tear to ones eye
FANTASTIC - oh Jean
on 7 February 2016
I knew I was going to love this before I viewed it as I love the Proclaimers soundtrack.

It is a love story with sad bits and the ending is great ! One of those films that makes you smile

I saw similarities with Mama Mia where the story is cleverly woven around the songs. The actors, story and location in this however are so much more believable. If you don't already know its set in Edinburgh and it was nice seeing locations that I visted when I went there a few years back.
on 16 December 2013
A little publicised film but having seen by chance the trailer on TV, I thought it looked good. I loved it from the moment it started. The songs were catchy, the acting superb and I just wanted to be in the flash mob at the end. Don't miss it!
on 28 July 2015
The film itself is not all that bad..I'm not a big fan of musicals but a friend suggested this one and for me the scenery of Edinburgh and the proclaimers sound track is what sold it to me. Edinburgh is one of my favourites places and have spent many happy times there and this film really showcased it well..I also really enjoyed singing along to the songs. Some of the characters shone better than others..to be honest if it wasn't for the soundtrack and scenery I would have got bored fairly quickly but perhaps that's just me.
on 12 February 2016
Excellent heartwarming film. Its actually a 'musical' which you don't see to many of these days. It uses the music of the Scottish band The Proclaimers.

Note that the songs are sung by the characters and NOT by the Proclaimers themselves. However this doesn't really matter...

The photography in and around Edinburgh is great and the story (which I won't give away) is fine.

Well recommended!!
on 23 May 2016
I wasn't sure what to expect from this film as it had been highly recommended. After a promising beginning it seemed to plateau somewhat, only reviving midway to lead to an enjoyable finalè. All in all though this is a fun and ultimately uplifting musical filmed beautifully
on 13 July 2016
A funny, emotional and uplifting film all at once. Yes, it is a musical, sort of. There are a handful of songs, all by the Proclaimers. But there is normal acting too. I love seeing Edinburgh where the film is based.
on 19 March 2016
Saw this on telly so bought the DVD to have and to hold. I never thought I'd be exclaiming over the Proclaimers but this is a lovely uplifting/moving piece of TV/Film. If like me you're not a massive fan of the lads themselves, don't worry, you only catch a glimpse of them coming out of a pub as extras.
on 26 May 2016
A wonderful feel good film. Expect to be foot tapping or wanting to visit Edinburgh by the end or both. The inclusion of one or two songs is a bit corny but unlike Mamma Mia there's basically a story behind the film (and it's a good one with lots of characters challenged).

My kids love singing along to 10,000 miles now
on 20 April 2016
I generally hate musicals but this was brilliant it was heart warming , funny, with a touch of suspense wondering if they were going to make a go of it or not with usual heart attack thrown in as well just to make the story interesting they could have made a tv mini series out of this i would watch it again