on 20 January 2014
Theoretically this is a great idea and very useful if you have bad posture or slouch at a desk or at home in front of the tv.
However. I've had this device for 4 days and it works for a while, then I stand up or sit down and it needs recalibrating too often.
It seems ok but more of a nuisance than a benefit.
I would say wait until the next version when they've ironed out all the bugs.
on 1 October 2014
It does nothing like what it says on the packet. It does not buzz for ages when you lean forward and not until you really over-do the leaning. It was intended to help my daughter with her riding posture but its next to useless. And I DID set it up properly. Very disappointed and feel I have completely wasted that money....
on 30 January 2014
Lumoback have released an Android app, but it requires the very latest firmware on the lumo back device to connect. If you have access to an iOS 7 device you can use this to update the firmware on the Lumoback and then connect using an android device, although getting it to connect still requires some effort (lots of turning bluetooth off and on again).
on 23 September 2015
Does not work with iOS9 :( - essentially this is a paperweight now until this is fixed. I attempted to contact the developer and they cannot provide an ETA. I will update this review when this issue is resolved.
on 4 November 2014
I had problems setting it up initially but followed the instructions at the end of the booklet rather then the start and it worked. It was very frustrating for the first few days, vibrating all the time. I kept wanting to recalibrate. It hardly goes off at all now because it's taught me how to sit. It doesn't need anywhere as much recalibration as I was lead to believe from the reviews and I first thought when I started to use it; it was just my posture needed recalibration! Within about a week my neck and shoulders were less tense and in the gym I noticed that exercises needing core muscles became easy. In my case I would go so far as to say that this gadget has totally transformed one aspect of my health and, although not cheap, was well worth the money. The only real downside is that I no longer sit in the family sofa because I now know how bad it is! For anyone who suspects their posture is not good, especially if they think they have neck / shoulder / back issues, I would recommend this product. A couple of tips - set the vibration delay so it gives you a couple of seconds grace, don't wear a flimsy white shirt over it if you're trying to keep it hidden, and try to keep it on all day until your posture's sorted.
on 15 August 2014
I could not make it tell the difference between sitting and standing so it constantly buzzed.

See one answered question