on 3 November 2013
I couldn't wait for this book to come out I loved the first one so much and Chris was one of my favourite characters. I started reading and was disappointed, I didn't instantly warm to Isabelle, in fact I didn't really like her at all, she grated on me and then she appeared too stupid to be true by agreeing to meeting at 3am in a deserted park where she's confronted by vampires, I wanted so much more for Chris.
To be honest because I liked the first book so much I didn't bother with the sample I just downloaded the book, which is a good thing because if I'd just downloaded the sample I think I would have put it down and forgotten about it but since I'd paid for it I read it and was glad that I did. It turned out to be a great book revolving mainly around Isabelle's software which all the master vampires want. It had a side story with Logan and Jill and all in all it's a great book but I will admit Isabelle's still not my favourite character although I'm warming to her a little.
One person found this helpful
on 16 February 2012
Chris Williams has known since he was a teenager than he was a sentinel. Half human and half angel his job is to protect humans from vampires, demons and evil beings of all species. Chris knows that his mate is a sentinel like him. Together they will fight evil side by side, he has anticipated finding her for years. Iasabella is a computer geek, she has written a programe that many people would like to get their hands on. Isabella agrees somewhat foolishly to a meeting at three in the morning, at a local park only to be confronted by three vampires hoping to kidnap her for their master Logan. Fortunately for her she is rescued by sentinels. Chris realises that Isabella is his life mate, but she is not what he was expecting. She is weak and does not seem to have any natural fighting skills at all, a total disappointment. But his body is responding to her, and he is finding it difficult to keep his distance.
This is the first book in the Sentinels series. We were first introduced to Chris the hero, in the first book of the Pyte seriesTall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte Series). Although both books are the first in separate series. Most of the characters from Tall Dark and Lonely are in this. I would highly recommend that you read the Pyte series book first so as not to miss anything.
This is a rollercoaster ride of a story action packed from the first page to the last. The hero Chris did grate on my nerves a bit his moods and objectionable behaviour was a bit OTT in my opinion. Isabella was a bit of a loner never having fitted in anywhere. I liked that she put Chris in his place. Had she been weak with no backbone, I would have not given this four stars. I liked the side story's, in particular Logan the vampire master with Jill, Chris's sister. I am hoping that they are going to get their own story or at least be featured as a sub plot. But I am eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.
3 people found this helpful
on 5 August 2016
How did the heroine fall in love with this Dick? Enough said, the other 1 star reviewers have already said it all, I kept reading as I was hoping the heroine would eventually get hers, but oh no, she went through months of mental and humiliating abuse and then all is forgiven when he accepts the baby, what the hell? That was about at 75 % of the book, so you'll be stewing for all that time, be warned. My advise to R L Mathewson, could have been good, but for goodness sake rewrite it about half way. The heroine is perfect, hero is a selfish man who does not deserve her.
on 21 October 2016
I really enjoyed the first book in this series and couldn't wait to read the second especially as it was Chris's story.

So much happens in this book that it's really never boring but it is slightly confusing at times, as a couple of names etc seemed to be mixed up.

However, I do love the story. I think the pytes, sentinals, vamps and shifters are really cool and I'm looking forward to reading more. I already love Kale and hope he has a story somewhere down the line.
on 3 April 2016
I have already written a review for this book but I used so many cus' words that they wouldn't publish my review..... oops..... amazing double standards really when you see how many cus' words are in the book itself...
I will keep this brief, this story is supposed to be a love story but it is based on both mental and physical abuse. Book 1 in this series was so good I could not believe the author wrote this, her other books were so good and fun to read.
How can she rationalize the abuse that she has written about?
How can she call this love?
on 24 July 2014
Didn't like this as much as the first in the series, mostly because of the way the male lead acts. It still carried me along though, again despite being continuously distracted by the horrible sentence structure, somewhat random punctuation and lots of typos. It's a darker book, and in part addresses the long-term psychological effects of events from the first book (though not in the stuffy way I just put it!) Kudos for that, as such things are usually brushed over.
However I think the story goes seriously off track in the last 5 chapters. IMHO -trying not to give too much away here- realisation of prejudices and assumptions, confession of personal histories that lead to these, and rebuilding of trust, would make a much more interesting and satisfactory conclusion than “Oops, sorry”. Also, the set-up for the concluding action is dumb.
on 3 July 2012
This is a great follow on from the first Pyte/Senitnel book Tall, Dark and Lonely. Again i'd have to say what a shame that this is so badly edited if at all? and, that this book initially felt a little bit YA in the beginning (unlike the previous) but as the book progressed the characters developed, there are some niggles in the grammar and the repeated use of 'expression' that i found rather annoying and, which made the book feel one dimensional, so it does have a number of minus points however, there is something that's pretty good about these books so far and the romance is written well with lots of sexual tension, I found this one quite funny too. It's not a book to be taken as a serious read but it kept me turning the pages and repeatedly forgiving the editorial and grammatic errors.
on 16 August 2016
This 2nd book's pissed me off because the main couple. Mainly I disliked the attitude of the girl over helself. She totaly had a very low self respect. Anyway this series is a page-turner and very good. I'm about to start the 3rd book because I'm really enjoying it. Hoping the next couple's love story to be much better in the 3rd book.
on 1 April 2014
This is book 2 of 3. So disappointed in this book. There are SO MANY errors, lots of spelling, (whishing instead of wishing) grammar, words missing making disjointed sentences. Wrong name used. Too much repartition within a short space, that it made the whole reading experience rather boring and not enjoyable. I would say the author needs to have words with the proof reader. Other than that, the actual story could have been really good. Sorry to give such a bad review, as I normally like to give positive feedback.
on 2 December 2017
Just as stunningly great as the first time fantastic I truly love this series and I can't wait for the next one Chris finally has his family he deserved to keep and love forever brilliant