Customer reviews

Price:£24.32+ £2.20 shipping

on 29 November 2015
Hello, I'm nearly done with this game now - a few thoughts.

If you've ever played a dungeon crawler before and hated it, I wouldn't bother with this game. Personally I am a voracious consumer of anything vaguely JRPG shaped, so that wasn't an issue for me. And don't buy this game for children. It is fairly suggestive and the comments left by players around the maps do nothing to reduce that.

The game's rather beautiful. Clearly a lot of attention went into character design. The music's really great as well.

The gameplay - there's a few features added to save time, but you can expect it to be very repetitive. Boss battles are fun, the rest of the gameplay... not so much. I also found it pretty danged easy considering I was playing on the toughest mode possible.

The story - the character-driven elements of this story and the fanservice segments are probably the aspects that will linger in your memory. I can't say I was completely into it. I'm a straight woman, and I feel this put me outside the game's target demographic in this respect. If you're a fan of girls and “moe" culture though, I'm sure you'll fare better.
on 20 November 2015
An addictive dungeon crawler or dungeon Jrpg that can be cruel at times if you are not fully prepared. When I picked up this game, I was expecting an average Jrpg with very cliche story but what I got was a very engaging game with solid mechanics and a high difficulty spike.

Item management plays a big role as you have a very limited inventry when you explore dungeons.

The story is interesting but is well-paced and is relatively minimal as you might spend the vast majority of your time exploring dungeons, leveling up your companions and farming weapons and money.

The music is good and the graphics are all in beautiful 2D which is better than trying to do mediocre 3D scenes.

I have two personal issues though:

first, all your companions are generic characters with no personalities; while this gives you the freedom of creating and customising their appearances, as a lover of strong characterisation and story-telling, I would have preferred characters with individualised personlities which are restricted to the NPCs and done well to be honest.

Second, the game can be very grindy and getting good drops, items and skills can be frustrating, so prepare yourself for lots of reloading.

Overall, this game is one of the best Jrpgs I played on my playstation tv and it truly stands out from the more generic ones.
on 2 May 2014
i am about 15hrs in and absolutely loving it .it's turn based battles are kinda like old final fantasy's , the graphics and story are ok nothing special but if you like grinding levelling and finding collectibles and a good old turn based battle game i would say give it a go. as for the price i feel it's worth every penny of £30 and will keep you entertained for hours .
on 16 July 2014
Fantastic game, one of the best on Vita and a sequel is in the works!
on 18 January 2016
tough dungeon crawler with funny twists
on 29 November 2015
This is for my son for Christmas