on 29 December 2013
I knew my wife was very kindly getting me the Nexus 5 for Christmas (love it!) and wanted a cheap case to put on it straight away whilst I shopped around for a nice one. Well, that won't be necessary.

It feels nice. The matte finish means it looks like leather, and gives you a decent grip, lessening the risk of dropping it. It feels nice on the hand, no rashes or irritation.

If you do drop the phone, despite the decent grip this case gives, then worry not. The case is very protective without being too bulky. It's the perfect balance between sturdiness and sleekness.

The reason I wanted one with a screen cover is to protect the screen whilst the phone is in my pocket from keys and coins. No worries with this cover.

The phone fits into the case perfectly. It is very difficult (though not impossible) to remove the phone from the case, which is exactly how it should be. Unlike other phone/tablet cases I've had experience with, the volume buttons and power button are just as easy to access whether the case is on or off, and the SIM card slot is accessible with the case still on. The USB port and headphone jack are also still easily accessible, and unlike my previous phone/case combo, the chunky bit of plastic around my headphone jack is not a problem.

I particularly like the tear-drop shape of the cutout hole for the camera and flash. It looks much classier than a large circle would.

The inner flap also features two credit card sized slots, which are great for carrying a card and a tenner if you need to pop out but don't want to carry a wallet or purse.

The case folds into a stand, although this only works in landscape mode. This is a nice feature, though admittedly I will very rarely use it. Maybe if you plan on using your phone to watch videos on a train, this could be a handy little feature.

2 bonuses from this cover that I wasn't really expecting with a sub £7 cover:

1.) When the case is opened/closed, the screen automatically turns on/off. This is a great feature when you quickly need access to your phone, and saves battery as you don't need to remember to turn the screen off when you close the cover.

2.) My wireless charging pad still works with this cover! My wife has a Nexus 7 with a case that unfortunately won't charge with the case on. Not a problem with this case!

All in all, it does EVERYTHING that I need a case to do, including looking and feeling good. I would definitely buy a case from this manufacturer again.
on 6 November 2013
I bought this thinking - another black leather like case, will do the job, reasonably priced, just nothing to get excited about. Well now I'm eating my words!

Apart from the fact that it is just another wallet case, its anything but average. For starters the finish on it is really good, very luxurious for pleather. The pockets are a nice addition as I just carry my oyster card and credit card in there for easy access. It also has a stand feature which means I can just use that to display my phone screen. However the best thing about this case, and what makes it different to everything else out there is that the closer clasp is held back with a magnet. So it doesn't flap about annoyingly like most cases with this clasp do. So now if I am watching iPlayer on my phone, I don't have to hold the flap back the entire time. This is a very well thought-out design.

One small niggle I would say is the bulk these type of cases add to the phone, but this can't be helped if you're paranoid about protecting your new phone like I am (absolutely loving the Nexus 5 and in no hurry to part with it prematurely). I have bought a second slimmer fusion case by Orzly so will see which one I prefer in the end.

But overall, very good purchase, came quickly, and was nicely packaged (and its reasonably priced at the moment, so am even debating buying a couple of other colours).
on 5 June 2014
it might 'just' be a case, but:
- it fits the phone well (phone sits in a 'soap dish' that grips it around most of the body - it goes in with a reassuring 'click', and is quite difficult to remove
- the magnetic catch works really well
- the carbon finish looks nice, quite subdued
- the horizontal stand works well.
- the cutouts (for buttons, camera etc) are all in the right place, and align nicely
I'd happily buy another.
on 19 September 2014
Feels great for a tiny price tag. Happily holds two cards and a few notes without getting too bulky but it does considerably increase the size of the phone from having just a bumper case to this. But the advantages out weigh that. The magnet for turning the screen on and off when you open and close the case works a treat.

The only negatives I have are you have to fold UK bank notes as they are too big to slide in unfolded so that increases the bulk in your pocket. When you open the case to only use the pocket side you often have to hit the lock button on the phone to stop from accidentally doing stuff when you are just trying to get at cash or your cards. A sacrifice I am willing to make though to have the sleep function in the cover.
on 23 December 2015
Great wallet for Nexus 6, 1 star off as does not Qi charge in wallet, and automatic close works but not automatic opening of Nexus Screen. Still my favourite - case only I always pick up with finger on volume keys, which is where magnetic flap is. This does not get in the way at all, as I fist thought it would do. Being able to carry cards and some cash, is great, never forget phone, Pebble Time watch vibrates and colour invert when out of bluetooth range! Used month or two know an standing up to wear and tear well.
on 12 September 2015
Fits the phone well, looks good and has space for cards and notes etc.
However did start to fade slightly after a few months around the edges.

Big pro is the variety of ways this case will prop up the phone (very useful as the screen is large enough to comfortably watch films etc) but if you use the camera a lot can be annoying as this can't be accessed with the front cover wrapped around the back (so you have to have it flapping to the side of your hands).

It depends on what you want to use your phone for - if it's mainly for phablet type activities then this case is great!
on 5 May 2014
Despite being "mock leather" the material in question is actually durable and high quality. The case is well constructed - no loose stitching, or other quality issues.

The phone sits inside the case very snugly - there's no rattling. No excessive pressure on any part either. All the body buttons, camera lens and charger ports etc have easy access.

I really like the auto-wake up feature - it means the on/off button won't get worn out (or stuck) so soon.

The magnetic strip is strong enough to keep the lid shut - but gentle enough to be opened with a thumb nudge.

I won't use the card holders for holding Bank cards (already have a wallet for that!). Maybe a couple of business cards.

With the phone inside - the whole unit is not quite pocketable - not in jeans anyway. But then again, would you want an expensive, large screen phone jammed down your jean pockets ? Trouser pockets, yes possibly. Jacket, coat, bag - no problem.

All in all - a very good product - and superb value for money. Bit the like the Nexus 5 itself!
VINE VOICEon 31 March 2015
Note that this wallet comes in two variants - you choose on order between Nexus 5 and Nexus 6, along with the colour scheme. The wallet works very well and the Nexus 6 side-controls are easily accessible. The case both protects the device and makes it easy to hold. Also, the wireless charger (Choetech Qi Wireless Charger) works through it, so it's just a matter of placing the device in its case on top of the charger. Great.

Time will tell if the three credit card slots, and the ability to use the compartment behind to store paper money is actually useful.
on 26 July 2015
This is much better than all the other wallet cases I have bought for my nexus 6. I have a cheap one that is just bad and the one by speigen which is too bulky and has no tactile feel to differentiate between the power and volume buttons. This Orzly one is just perfect. The wake feature works perfectly. The magnet on the clasp is very reliable, holding the wallet together when open, closed, and tucking away when using like a stand. Not too bulky, and card slots are just right. Just buy this one you won't be disappointed.
on 7 January 2015
Pros:
- Nice colour.
- Fits well and works well to protect the phone - I've dropped it a fair few times!
- Materials feel good quality.

Cons:
- The plastic to fit around the right-hand buttons is thin. Mine has cracked - this has had no material affect on the job the case does.
- As with most of these types of case, you cannot use the rear camera with the case-cover folded over, and taking a photo with the cover open feels quite clumsy.

Note, there is no screen protector with this cover, as with some. If you want a screen protector, you will need to purchase this separately.