Customer reviews

on 19 July 2014
Hero: We were introduced to Chief Torrin MacLeod in "My Brave Highlander" - Dirk's and Isobel's book. Torrin is an honorable man who was betrothed to Isobel, however, when Torrin was away from home, his brother attempted to rape Isobel resulting in her flight from the MacLeod home. She ran off straight into Dirk's arms never to leave again which left Torrin without a woman. When he travels to Dirk's home to find the truth of why Isobel left, he soon realizes Isobel is forever lost to him but he will not soon forget the lovely lady who captures his attention and also the lady who will forever change his heart - the lovely sister of Dirk - Jessie MacLerie, chatelaine of Dirk's castle.

Heroine: Jessica MacLerie is a beautiful, statuesque, independent - somewhat warrior-like woman who openly wears a large knife belted at her waist at all times. Jessie has been extremely disappointed in marriage having been handfasted to Gregor MacBain, a man she had believed she could love. Their marriage agreement was for one year and a day, but if no heirs ensued, Gregor would be able to release Jessie and marry again. In fact, Gregor found another woman before he and Jessie even had a chance to make their marriage work out and left his marriage bed causing Jessie's to suffer heartbreak and disillusionment in her own womanly attributes.

The Story: MacBain's other woman died in childbirth, so now he is determined to have Jessie back at any cost. When he comes across Torrin on his journey to the MacLeod home, Torrin decides to tag along with MacBain because he has his own agenda - that would be to have Jessie for his own. As another reviewer mentioned, Torrin is determined and steadfast in his efforts to become acquainted with, to woo and to have Jessie as his own.

Lots of action in this book - Haldane and McMurdo - bad guys from "My Brave Highlander" play quite a large part as they continue their devious ways. But mostly, this is a story about two mature adults learning about one another - first developing a friendship, then moving on into a deeper relationship. Torrin is just the person to help Jessie regain her confidence in her womanly attributes as she comes to the realization that she is a woman to be esteemed, admired and is in fact highly desirable. Vonda Sinclair captivates your soul as she takes you back to the days when tall, muscular, honorable Highlanders roamed their nation, fighting for what was theirs, including their lovely ladies.

One caveat: Ms. Sinclair's novel have too much descriptive sex for my enjoyment so I move on through those parts pretty quickly.
on 25 December 2013
What more can I say? What a treat the Highland Adventure series is, in book 5, we find the end f Haldane and peace comes to the highlands bringing babies!!!!
It's refreshing to see the man the one certain of his feelings. It is Torrin who knows that he will do anything to have Jessie as his wife, and he really does have to work hard to convince her.
Give me this series of books any day, with handsome warriors and courageous heroines. Time we'll spent!
Further congratulations to the wonderful Vonda Sinclair who continues to delight with her amazing work.
Now I just have to wait for the next book, I'm excited to learn Rebbie's story, I'm developing as big a soft spot for him as I have for Lachlan.
I'm tempted now to simply return to the beginning and read the whole series again!!!
on 8 October 2015
I spent my week vacation relaxing and reading Vonda Sinclair’s entire Highland Adventure series :) I love how she writes her characters – she is able to weave depth, emotion, love, and despair masterfully throughout her books. She can also set up a great scene – I almost feel like I’m in Scotland, right in the middle of all the action.

Vonda’s books start out with action, and that easily draws me in. Sometimes when starting a new book, I am bored in the beginning, but this is definitely not the case with this author! If you’re on the fence about whether or not to read this book, go ahead and take a chance – you won’t regret it :)
on 16 November 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the romance between Torrin and Jessie. It rambles along beautifully. It is a lovely romance with the thrills of intrigue. Characters from the previous books in the series return completing the story. I look forwards the next book.
on 30 January 2015
I have 100`s of Highlander Books - I kid you not. So I was pleased that the story had a different twist to it. A past, present, and future kept me riveted all through. More in this series to.
on 12 March 2014
Captivating a lovely action packed romantic story well written keeping the reader in suspense, didn't want to put the book down. can't wait to read the next book.
on 26 February 2017
I enjoyed this book, I did skip some of the sex as I felt it was to much and interfered with the gripping tale, that the author was writing.
on 22 August 2014