Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 29 January 2014
Ok going in I knew that this was a B-movie but thought Sean Patrick Flanery and Jeremy London good actors I'll give it a go. DO NOT make this mistake, for starters Jeremy London has a total screen time of at most 5 minutes and this is in the last 10 of the movie. Sean Patrick Flanery seemed to be in some kind of pain judging from the facial expressions that he pulls in this movie. The only reason I stuck with was I thought it must get better and then when it was more than 2/3s done I thought I should see how it ends.

Tech bits

The cgi is appalling
Sound is only 2.1 and not the 5.1 that is normal for this day and age.

Hope this saves some people from this rigor mortis inducing film.
on 1 February 2014
Thought i would give this a go even after reading reviews. Wish i had listened to the others, has to be one of the worst films i have seen and i have seen a few!! The acting is also terrible. Dont bother buying this
on 8 October 2014
This is one of those films that's that bad its good, well for me anyway.

The acting in parts was dodgy, plus the special effects were just awful, I've seen better from 70/80's sci-fi "B" movies, but it did shock me when the young man blew up, but overall they looked cheap and nasty. Their was one positive, the soundtrack was very good.

But I have to say I love these kind of movies, if we didn't have them, then what would we have to slag off and take the mick out of, for me more films like this please.

The Blu-ray in parts was very nice, and the audio is in 5.1 DTS which sounds crystal clear, their are no bonus features or subtitles.
on 8 May 2014
what a load of rubbish no real story and bad acting watched about 30 mins and then it went back in the case
on 4 May 2014
Worse movie I have ever seen of this genre.
Just don't bother !!

Wish there was a 0 star rating.

Oh, what's more, it is not finished.
on 29 January 2014
This dvd is the worst I have ever purchased. The picture quality is really bad. Too dark and too difficult to see. The sound is even worse./ So much so that most of the dialogue is unintelligible. The music track blocks out the speech. Rubbish and a waste of money.
on 20 July 2014
Scavengers is one of those movies that promises a lot and delivers very little. The opening credits promised a half-decent sci-fi movie but only ten minutes in I was bored with the tired monologue and half-baked ''acting''. In fact it is so bad that even with a keen eye and wide awake it was hard to follow which spaceship was which (and that was only the beginning of my misery) for the dialogue (if you can cell it that) soon turned into long, boring, nothing-to-do-with-the-''action'' banter which half the time was hard to understand and worse, often had nothing to do with the 'story'. But by far my least favorite bit of it was the fact that it was made on a budget which meant the outfitters had wasted no expense at all on the egg-carton 'sets' and cramped, 'lets film it from another angle so the audience won't realize it is the same room painted another color' interiors of the spaceships.

It soon became obvious that the hero and villain spaceship interiors were one and the same, except one was re-painted black. And when the characters do eventually drop in on a 'space bar' the room is about fifteen feet by fifteen feet, basically somebody's basement with a couple of chairs and extra's sitting in them whispering to each other to make it look busy. The 'fight sequence' in the bar consisted of the only half-decent female 'actor' (who plays a sociopath berserker who hates guns) walking in, threatening somebody and then everyone else in the room points guns at the camera. We then see them all dead or dying and her companion say, and I quote, "Wow, I've never seen anyone fight like that before!" Funny, I was thinking the same thing - there was NO bar-room brawl scene as they were too cheap to film one and simply implied it instead.

Then in the only humorous moment in the entire move she casually informs the only survivor that she is such-and-such (instantly forgettable) and that he should remember it if anyone asks who killed all the people there, and then promptly shoots him by accident. At this point, BORED by the movie and no longer wanting to suffer the indignity of its c**pulence I switched off and have no intention of ever watching it ever again. My advice to you is, AVOID THIS MOVIE - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.
on 3 May 2014
It is really bad. Just wasted my Sat eve watching this film. For once, all the other reviews are absolutely right!!!
on 2 March 2017
Drivel
on 16 July 2014
This is a dreadful movie. The editing is so poor that spaceships explode without reason, in fact a hell of a lot happens without reason. It appears to start in the middle, so many things are unexplained. The bad guy is such a psychotic it's a wonder he hasn't been killed by his own crew months before the film started.
The plot is fragile, the dialogue awful but hey, I only watched the first 30 minutes, see if you can get further without clawing your eyes out.