on 7 November 2016
I can't believe it took me nearly two years to buy this,why,you fool you,Cliffs brilliant.74 at the time of recording.The rockin is brilliant with great instrumental backing.wow.Does this man not know"age",I can see him knockin this music out into his 80s.Well the second installment is due out any day now and I will not be waiting two years to buy that one.He puts his own spin on each track and he sounds one third his age,oh,there I go again,age,74,now 76,even Frank Sinatra was takin it easy by now and Elvis only got to 42..The whole album is the highlight,but if I was to pick out my fav tracks on here they'd be Rip It Up,School Days,Fabulous and One More Sunny Day but the rest come a very close second.A must have happy album,go on Cliff,keep it up,yer great.
on 13 November 2016
This is classed as Cliff's 100th album. It is a great collection of Rock and Roll songs sung by Cliff Richard. If you liked this album then why not purchase and listen to Just... Fabulous Rock ʻnʼ Roll Just... Fabulous Rock ʻnʼ Roll. This newer album is also a collection of Rock 'n' Roll classics. This makes a companion album, I think, to The Fabulous Rock 'n' Roll Songbook. It features Elvis Presley on one track. Yes Elvis is on Just... Fabulous Rock ʻnʼ Roll album. If you buy only one song this year, make it Blue Suede Shoes by Cliff Richard and Elvis Presley.
on 11 December 2013
I have the MP3 download, because that is the way i prefer to have my music now. Like others, I was a bit wary of buying this but, oh boy to use a phrase, I am glad that I did. This is a fine selection of covers of some of the best and well known rock n roll numbers. Interestingly, I watch his From A Distance DVD the other week and on that he said that he wanted to do a studio recording of some of the songs that are included here, particularly Rip It Up, which he has done really well. Cliff has had a lot of stick over recent years. Some radio stations, even Gold station saying they will not play him. But this collection is showing that Cliff has not lost the ability to sing good pop or rock n roll songs in a style that for me is so much like what he has done in his early years. I would say, go get this, it is well worth it. If I had one gripe, it is a bit on the short side at only 44 minutes compared to what is currently available, if we are judging time, then this falls a bit short of being good value for money, sorry just my view.
on 17 April 2016
Bought this Cd for my girlfriend as a surprise gift. She absolutely hates Cliff Richard with a passion as fiery as Mt Vesuvius so the reaction I got when she recieved this gift was well worth the small price tag. I enjoyed a time of great amusement, amusement that spread to friends and family who I shared the experience with. One day i hope we shall look back on this time of laughter with pleasant fondness. Or at least I will, until Im made to sleep in the shed...the shed we don't have...might end up being the neighbour's shed. Anyway the compact disc itself only had a brief listen to by aforementioned girlfriend and her brother until they both decided they'd rather listen to the soothing beat poems of Jeremy Kyle over poor geriatric Cliff.
Postage was good too thanks.
One person found this helpful
on 5 February 2014
At long last Cliff has gone back to what he is good at, good old rock and roll. The choice of songs is brilliant and no one could listen without having memories of where they were or what they were doing when they first heard any of them. I defy anyone to sit still whilst listening, with my favourite track being 'Rave on'. I really think that should have been the single.

I agree with a previous reviewer that this album has been slightly over produced, with many of the songs being softer and lacking drive, something that a British studio would have enhanced, and it would have had Cliff's original hard edge sound. However, can we all ask for a Volume 2 in quick succession, perhaps recorded here in the U.K. to hear the difference?

I have been a fan since the age of 5 (1958) when I first heard Move It on the radio. I haven't always loved everything he has done automatically, but this album is one of his best, and he sounds as if he is loving every minute of it. All I can say is that I hope Cliff keeps on rocking like this for many years to come.
on 13 June 2018
This is a good album. Covers different geners of music. Well producd and very catchy rock/pop. . Cliff Richard is hard to beat for this type of music.
Buy it you will enjoy. sayonara
on 15 September 2015
Like other reviewers, I was unsure how I felt about Cliff's 'Swing' and 'Motown' albums. They were ok, but I just didn't think they used his ability to the best effect. This, however, is another ball game entirely. His versions of some rocck n rolls greats are excellent; he makes them his own but also preserves the flavour of the originals. It helps that you know these are the kind of songs that inspired him and his early career, and it's clear he's enjoying every moment. I was sold on this album from first hearing; his very best for years, despite there being not one new track in sight - except that each track is made 'new' in his delivery. A great value album which I will return to again and again.
on 19 March 2017
All his original songs done with American session musicians with modern technology - brilliant musicianship with Cliff in good voice! If you like Rock n Roll you will love this!
Arthur.
on 22 December 2017
Great value, our yards as a Christmas gift for an avid Cliff fan
on 14 December 2016
Cliff is an amazing man, I used to love all his new Christmas songs, most of them were big hits, even the ones people thought less popular are still remembered. More Christmas songs Cliff.