• Customer reviews

on 26 July 2015
A heart warming good movie. I was really before I saw it I was sure I was going to be in for a long night. As much as my wife likes romantic movie, she hate British movies. Suddenly the night is getting longer. It took both of us by surprise.

All the actors played their parts perfectly. Everything of the movie was done right. There were laugh out loud moments, in the normalcy of the moments. For example watching his wife choosing an outfit, and going slightly mad, we have all been there mate.

On his 21 birthday Tim is told by his father about the family secret. He has the ability to travel back in time. Just in his own lifetime, and as long as he does not make any big changes he can avoid the butterfly effect. I enjoyed this movie so much more that I thought I would. I would recommend it to anyone.
5 people found this helpful
on 6 June 2017
Although I have not received my dvd yet, I know this movie very well I have seen it a number of times and enjoyed more and more every time I see it! I laugh cry then laugh again eyes full of tears! One Bill Nighy's' very best performances! An absolute must buy highly recommend it!
3 people found this helpful
on 1 May 2018
Such a moving film! It's not a conventional romcom in that the main perspective is the male character rather than the female character, and I would say that while the romantic love between both the main characters is fairly central to the plot, so is the love that the main character has for his father and also for his children. Rightfully a 12 as there are some mature themes as well as a fair amount of sex/sex references. A moving reminder to enjoy the day to day beauty and joyful moments in our lives, as well as being grateful for our families and not taking that love for granted.
on 6 January 2018
A great film; I have watched this twice now. I bought this film for 2 family members this Christmas. The story is so thought provoking; suddenly you feel very aware of how short life is, the things that make your life worth living, and how you can make each day count. I feel this is a must-see for...everyone...
on 29 November 2017
So pleased we bought this, arrived in perfect condition. This is a beautiful feel good film, about living life to the full and appreciating all the little things that can easily pass you by. It's our family's version of it's a wonderful life. Watch this film, its an absolute joy.
on 3 September 2017
Once again, a relatively low budget British movie - but with brilliant writing and a lovely mixed cast. The two young actors in the lead roles (who I had never seen before) grow on the viewer immensely and Bill Nighy, is just utterly brilliant!!
on 16 June 2016
My fiancee is obsessed with this film, she watches it about 4 times a year! I usually can't stand romantic comedies, but she persuaded me to watch it, and I have to say, this has got to be one of my favorite films. Unlike usual run-of-the-mill romcoms that are spat out year after year, this film is really unique, quirky, and full of charm. It is the only romcom which is emotional, makes me laugh out loud, and has an interesting story-line (which doesn't follow the generic formula of other romcoms).
on 11 June 2015
Another fine film great story cant understand why not giving yourself a financial advantage when you have that ability is a bad thing, I suspect the moralizing is to convince us that having money wont make you happy where as the logic says having money allows you to be just as miserable but in comfort and luxury. And obviously the lead characters father has used his ability to enrich himself given the staggering country home and the fact he hasn't worked for some 20 years.
on 19 November 2017
A great film - funny, touching, thought-provoking and beautifully done. This is a film we will watch again. It easily passes the 'Mark Kermode funny film test' by having at least six laugh-out-loud moments. The film's underpinning message is about gratitude, which sounds a bit pompous, but it's so well done that you will watch it and be glad that you did. Richard Curtis' best film?
on 25 October 2017
It's a beautiful film. Thoroughly enjoyed it.