Customer reviews

on 2 February 2014
What a breath of fresh air this book is, I have read a lot of vampire books. This book is so much better than the normal run of the mill Supernatural end of the world theme. It is a very original believable tale, I cannot wait for the next instalment.
on 5 December 2013
'In the Shadow of the Earth' engaged me right from the start and is a well-developed and researched novel with a strong and very credible scientific basis, having fascinating elements of sci-fi, spirituality, reality theory, technology, vampire-type creatures and more. These are coupled with a cast of varied characters who are endearing, learning to accept their vast differences in personality, aptitude and background, carefully placed in context and brought to life through their relationships, roles and settings ranging from academia, big business, military, research and communications - I enjoyed reading and look forward to the next edition, for which the seeds of development and intrigue I suspect have been rather cleverly sown.
on 31 March 2015
I got this as a freebie for my kindle. When I finished it I immediately thought 'got to find the next one and buy it'. That's only the second time that has happened!
thoroughly enjoyed it - am not a fan of the vampire genre (although love zombie stuff) but this is different. Fantastic mix of modern/everyday and fantasy.
on 3 February 2014
Really enjoyed this. The characterisation is good, the author continually builds up the characters back story and combines this with the interactions as the story unfolds. I really enjoyed this and will definitely get the rest of the series.
Well written with an original story line.
on 22 October 2014
Captured me within the first chapter and never let me go. Did not put down till finished. Need next book .
on 9 January 2016