on 4 November 2013
I love beef jerky but the shop price is horrendous so I was really pleased to find this book and see if I could make my own. The book is written in an easy and amusing style, using Bob as a guinea pig to walk us through the various methods of food preservation. Feeling much like Bob I dived into the book and found the instructions easy to follow. I was really pleased to find that you can dehydrate in the oven as well as sun drying, maybe not in my climate, but who knows.

The book also includes pickling and freezing. I have a lot of fruit at the moment and will be dehydrating my apples as well as freezing and have raspberries, grapes and onions all ready to try out the methods in this book.

Forget expensive shop bought products, make your own from the glut of fruit that is always available and know that it will be healthier as well as cheaper. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in preserving food.
on 29 November 2013
I was expecting a lot more from this book in terms of ideas on what to dehydrate, how to dehydrate them and so on. All it really gives is a small set of examples of how to dehydrate certain food items. I could find as much and more information from 30 minutes of searching the internet as is contained in this book in terms of using a food dehydrator.