TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 August 2014
I've put together a quick video so you can get an idea of the audio quality of this speaker. Stick some headphones on if you're on a laptop/mobile and hit play for a quick overview and 3 tests or read on for the normal review...

(Audio test starts at 3 mins 30 secs)

OVERALL VERDICT

A well made, robust and stylish little speaker with many premium features at a very low price point. Excellent audio quality for the price and it comes with decent accessories. Battery life is just about as claimed and the bluetooth setup is quick and painless.

IN THE BOX

3.5mm jack (male to male)
MicroUSB cable
Non slip mat
Speaker itself

BUILD QUALITY

Excellent. That's all I can say really, it's brushed aluminium shell is lightweight, stylish and strong and the speaker grill is very robust meaning I'd have no qualms throwing this in a bag with other bits and bobs.

The rubber foot on the bottom provides built in non-slip for extra security which is a nice touch. The switches are positive, the little light isn't too annoying and everything has a nice feel of 'attention to detail'.

BATTERY LIFE

I'm generally getting the claimed performance. Standby lasts ages, I've not actually managed to run it out by just leaving it though I get about 8-10 hours playback when in use over Bluetooth. Charging is quick (a couple hours).

BLUETOOTH

This has connected to a windows desktop, MacBook Pro, Nexus 5, iPhone 4s and 5s, iPad Retina and Nexus 7 (not all mine!) without any problems whatsoever. The only thing to watch out for it that when switching from one device to another you may need to make sure that the 'old' device is disconnected and Bluetooth is off, particularly on a MacBook as sometimes devices say they're disconnected but actually 'hold on' to the connection and won't let the speaker pair to a new device.

AUDIO QUALITY

You can hear for yourself in the video but for those unable to watch it the quality AT THIS PRICE POINT is incredible. Remember, that's at this price point. More money will get you much smoother and richer bass and greater clarity all round but for this price then you are getting a very very very good product.

Bass response won't blow you away like a large speaker would but equally for it's size it's an very impressive output. It's much better than any of the speakers built in to a mobile device/tablet or laptop and the greater volume output makes this great for outdoor parties, trips to the beach, picnics, BBQ's festivals or whatever.
on 25 April 2017
The reason I bought the SONIVO SW100 is because my mobile will only reliably pick up a phone signal from upstairs in my house and I don't want to spend all my time at home upstairs, Yes I could have bought a smart watch but I wanted something I didn't have to charge up every night (its bad enough the mobile needs charging every night!!) If the phone companies got there act together then yes I wouldn't have had to buy this item but I suppose it is a cost/benefit thing.

Anyway I received it and placed it on charge for an hour to get some juice into it. I then paired to my mobile, a Samsung S3 (OK not state of art but works) I had a little bit of trouble pairing but that was a problem with my Samsung phone and not the SW100, to get the Bluetooth on a Samsung S3 to work properly you had to go into settings widget to see items you want to paired, this may be the problem with some people who couldn't pair to the SW100 if they were trying to pair using the drop down screen on the home screen.

The build quality, well it is solid and made of metal not the plastic I was expecting, It sounds ok not the best but not horrible and tinny and when your use it for phone call's the speech is clear which in my case is all I'm worried about, I think it helps that it comes with a rubber mat as this will stop vibration through coffee tables etc. I've used it holding it I'm my hand and there is quite a lot of power coming from this little speaker

Anyway performance, I had a phone call and answered it, initially the caller couldn't hear me, I had to move the mic to approximately 50cm from me and make sure its pointed directly at me.so the caller could hear me clearly. The mic is very directional and I will be experimenting with it further away to see if it is a highly directional mic but for the cost you can put up with that.

How long will it last on a charge? well I charged it for 3 hours and it has lasted a week with switching off at night when I go to bed so It's Ideal for the use I want to use it for and if you want to play music all day then just put it on charge using a USB charger.

So for a tad over a tenner on prime it does the job I want it to do and in the end that's all I care about.
on 23 March 2014
This a belting little device - I really couldn't believe either the quality or volume of the sound such a tiny speaker can produce! Very impressed indeed, it more than does the job for the kitchen which is what I bought it for. Particularly impressed with the amount of bass it can kick out. It also looks very smart, brushed metal and so tiny it just sits unobtrusively in the corner doing its thing.

The bad news is that the bluetooth range is very poor. If I move my iPhone/iPad more than 6 feet away the sound starts to drop out. This is not actually a problem for me as I don't mind keeping the phone nearby in the kitchen, but you need to be aware of it if you plan to keep your device further away. It may be that I have a dodgy unit, at the same time I bought a very cheap no-brand chinese waterproof bluetooth speaker for my shower and the range is at least 4-5 times as good as this. If range mattered to me I would have sent it back.

But for me that doesn't detract from the brilliant sound quality and volume, for me these are what matters and it's brilliant in these respects.
on 21 May 2014
The SW100 is a great little speaker. I bought it after purchasing the Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver and discovering that the sound quality that the Belkin delivered was atrocious. I therefore opted for a small bluetooth speaker instead of a bluetooth receiver for my larger speakers. With this speaker I can lie in my bed and watch movies with good sound quality, or listen to music. The speaker is surprisingly small but fills the whole room with sound. The low frequencies are amazing compared to the compact size. The mids lack slightly, although they are still impressive, but the highs are a little too hissy. This problem can be fixed with a little EQ'ing on the device that you are pairing the speaker with. The speaker rarely cuts out or loses connection.
All in all a great little speaker. I would definitely recommend it.

UPDATE:
I have had this speaker for over a year now, and I swear it runs on air. I can scarcely recall the last time I recharged it; the battery life is absolutely mindbogglingly impressive.
on 3 February 2015
oh dear. So this is the third I have purchased; last one as a gift, as the first two were so great. Or so I thought. 6 months in with the first one, it wasn't recognising the bluetooth. Then when I tried to re-set and re-pair it with my phone (using the call button, danger signals already), it started randomly phoning people. I was having to continually re-pair and re-set it, but it now won't pair at all, or just wants to phone people. It was great / it could be great, but perhaps look into something a little less temperamental/ more secure.
on 22 October 2013
Had it delivered to work, only took a few minutes to set up so can now listen to my tunes on the go,nice and loud without distortion. Handy little storage box as well-
on 7 July 2017
This speaker is amazing! So much so, that I've ditched my old plug-in ones - and they were a 2.1 set up. This little guy really packs a punch and connects easily to anything. Would be cool if you could buy several and connect them all to the same device, though.
on 10 January 2015
Really good and for around £15 it's brilliant. Loud and clear except the bass can distort a little. Not quiet as clear or distortion free as a HDMX we bought at the same time. Both under £20 though.
on 14 May 2017
Hadn't opened it after two weeks because it was for Christmas and there is a loud fuzzing sound in the background of the music.
on 6 August 2016
Excellent speaker.. Great quality.. Its lasted me well over a year.. Had a few knocks and falls. But never failed me. Highly recommended