on 10 July 2014
Hard to get over-excited about a PC these days, but this had a good specification for the price. Came with Windows 8.1 but not the absolute latest patches (it needed an update / restart cycle before the power button appeared in the Start Menu, which was a recent tweak by Microsoft to restore sanity to their operating system). Was pleased that the PC was quiet in use (hardly any fan noise, although the hard drive clicks a bit), and very pleased to find that other than a trial of Office 365 there was no pre-installed bloatware (Lenovo please take note).

It doesn't come with any installation / recovery disks, but a printed slip of paper that came with the PC directs you to a website where you can download the manual which in turn advises you to use "Recovery Options" to create your own recovery drive on a USB stick (8GB or more - if you don't happen to have one of those lying around spare you might want to add it to your order). Without doing this you'd have no means of reloading Windows if your hard disk broke; I was slightly disappointed that such a critical process wasn't highlighted better.
5 people found this helpful
on 8 January 2014
It arrived well packed and timely. Other reviews from similar model indicated noisy. Well.. for me it's very quite and can't hear any noise.. nether could any family members it's & fast and supersonic!!. Well ventilated.

I'm fairly IT ok at work, but pleased it was very easy to set up. press boot in set up mode. All set up and ready to go.
I've had it about a week now on it every day busy and no worries.
I wouldn't hesitate very pleased customer
10 people found this helpful
on 24 June 2014
This pc tower arrived two days after I ordered it - and it was a Sunday! Great delivery time!

It's easy to set up and has a lot of room for expanding and upgrading.

One thing I would say is that if you want wireless internet you need to get an adapter as this doesn't come with wireless (personally I just plugged it into the router so it didn't matter)

A lot faster than my old pc, comes with Windows 8.1 which I quite like (old computer was Vista as I didn't want to have to spend a lot on new Windows!)

Doesn't come with any wires so glad I had all the old ones from my old pc that broke.
One person found this helpful
on 12 February 2018
I made my own computer and used it for several years but when it needed an upgrade I decided it was cheaper to buy a ready made, this is a very good computer, I wrote this using this computer. ( And of course, a keyboard).
on 18 August 2015
Fast, very quiet, and very light. Time will tell but as I have been used to noisy heavy computers in the past. I am hoping this will prove as reliable. Would have preferred extra USB inputs on the front. 6 USB ports were advertised on the unit but 2 were for PS/2 keyboard and mouse although the supplied keyboard and mouse were USB plugs.
on 21 February 2014
Pros - Its fast and i mean for this price really fast , delivered fast by DPD well packed , plugin and go , looks slick and pretty , 3 extra bay's for Harddrives , great for overclockers , VERY QUITE (great for music production)

Con's - no biggty but doesn't have original PCI slots and no extra sata power leads for extra harddrives but as the adapter is
£6 can't moan at this price apart from that no other.

On whole very pleased nothing else in this price range touches it or looks as good , thank you ZOOSTORM :-)
on 20 August 2014
I have to say that I am very pleased with the PC. I have had it for over a month or two now, and it's almost not worth a review because you kind of forget that it's there - as in it does what it is supposed to do. It's fast, reliable, quiet and just does what you want a PC to do. I don't 'game' on it, so can't comment on that aspect - but in terms of a Desktop PC, running MS Office and a few other apps, it does the job it is supposed to. Too much storage for me (2TB) - can't imagine EVER needing that! A great build, and great performer - no probs whatsoever.
on 30 March 2014
I am very pleased with this pc. It is quick and very quiet and has proved very reliable so far. The dvd open and close button is a bit hit and miss, but apart from that I have I have no other complaints.
on 6 April 2017
Very nice
on 25 April 2014
Very fast. It was easy to set up, I had it up and running within minutes of unpacking it. I found Windows 8.1 easy to cope with and much better than some reviews would have you believe.