Customer reviews

Price:£1.99

on 21 March 2016
Good read.
on 3 September 2014
Brill couldnt stop reading untill I finished the boom
on 31 December 2014
It is rare that I buy a book so short, but the reviews convinced me that it was worth paying for something I would read within a few hours. I am glad that I was convinced.

The scariest part of this book was what this experience did to the people involved. The downward slide from happiness and the anticipation of a sunny future was a sharp one. Throughout this account, you really do find yourself pulling for these people, and though what they went through was frightening, the personal damage was even worse. This is as close to a spoiler as I am willing to go. I urge anyone with an interest in the paranormal to give this short, but hard hitting book a try.

Well written, highly detailed, it reads like the longer books I prefer. Nothing is skimmed over or hastily summarized. It doesn't need to be longer than it is because the entire story is told and any more would be embellishment where it is not necessary.
on 4 January 2014
a most haunted house. very interesting, and sincere i felt it was truthful and written as it happened not overly done for effect.when a ghost story is embroided it kind of ruins the tale.because this was told in a less dramatic way it made it more scary. the emotional effect it had on the people involved was very sad. with supernatural stories we tend to focus on the fear factor but the emotional effect is quite shocking its worth a read but not if you are expecting a hammer horror story. its scare factor is in the ordinary way in which it is portrayed.
on 31 May 2014
I love the style this book is written in, it gives it a raw edge and realism, like you are in the room with the author, listenening with him as the victims recount their experiences
I read in the reviews many times that the book was un-putdownable, and it truly is...I intended to spin it out and make it last a few evenings, but have read it in a couple of hours!
I am so sorry for the couple, especially John. The way he repeats his concerns and advice for others who may be experiencing similar things is truly touching, and it is obvious that the effects of the house are far reaching, and still affecting him 10 years later.
Personally I think this is a true account of a nightmarish experience, but even if it were a spoof I want to congratulate the author, it is superbly written and I would recommend it highly
Many thanks
on 4 December 2013
A most compelling and chilling account for sceptics and believer's alike of the unfortunate occurrences for a young couple in their first house. An emotional account of what should've been blissful beginning's but turned into a nightmare.
A well recommended read!
on 11 April 2015
Those of whom enjoy paranormal events will thoroughly enjoy reading this intense, thrilling, spine-tingling, thought provoking and psychologically terrifying story. Written in a transcript format, the reader is immersed into the account of a couple of whom purchases a new home that will cause them a forever harrowing experience and haunting memories for their rest of their lives.

The way that this short story gathers pace and intensity is immense, in particular as the author leaves no details or observations untold, with plenty of emotions and psychological taunts that will certainly leave some readers tonight quaking in their beds. Overall, a gripping tale, and one not for the faint-hearted.
on 23 March 2015
Had high hopes.....but was disappointed.
The book was essentially just reading the transcripts of an interview and there are no real answers provided and very limited info on the case. I don't mind short stories (in fact sometimes I prefer to read something shorter) however this just didn't hit the mark.
I read through to the end as kept thinking it would get better...sadly not.
I'm open minded as to if this is real case or not....but by the end I didn't care.
on 11 January 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by this author. It really makes you think about ghosts and what your beliefs are. It is a great book to curl up with. The only criticism I have is that the book is full of spelling mistakes and is quite annoying but it is still a good read if you ignore them.
on 2 September 2014
To say that I enjoyed this book would seem a little cruel perhaps ?! The content was fascinating and although I have had my own experiences none were as traumatizing as this has been for the people involved ! The style was easy to read but without being juvenile ! It had me immersed immediately and I felt great empathy especially with `John`
I would recommend to anybody with an interest in the paranormal