Customer reviews

The Eidolon
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.31

on 13 January 2015
Now I know people always say "I was hooked from the first page and I literally couldn't put it down!" in most reviews, but I'm not gonna do that. Because I *did* put it down, as I require two hands to eat steak and need sleep like a normal person. However, I did very much enjoy this book. It makes a nice change for a debut (like this one) to be as well written as this. It's almost as if the author is a veteran who's been writing for years, and this just flowed greatly. Awesome characters, great plot, lovely twists, and most of all, excellent time and research put into it! Made me feel like I was actually there. Can't wait for the sequel.
on 27 July 2015
This book starts off promising, but then ends up being all spiritual and throws any basis in fact or science out the window. The synopsis reads like "24" meets Professor Brian Cox, but in reality it's more like "Quincy M.E." meets Russell Grant! If you like stories about sprits, crystals, auras, and stuff like that, then you might be OK.
3 people found this helpful
on 8 March 2014
Yes, buy this book now. Then you will be able to say that you were reading this before every one else found out about it, when it was just appearing in a niche market. There is a good chance it will be a movie. It will then be repackaged and appear on the shelves in Tesco. It will loose the Science Fiction label then as well. It is very different, but what is it? In my view it is a superhero origin story, but that's just my view. Make your own mind up.
One person found this helpful
on 24 November 2014
Although not a fan of Sci fi I heard about this book and read it whilst on holiday. Could not put it down. Characthers came to life. Its hard to believe that this is the writers first book. Totally Gripped me more of a thriller, cannot wait for a follow up. Will certainly be following Libby's career.
on 30 August 2014
I loved this book, It has a spiritual side which comes through, really well written.
on 5 April 2015
Fine writing, believable characterization and rock solid physics. Slightly let down for me by the cliched nature and abilities of the ghosts. That said, still a really enjoyable read.
on 21 January 2014
I read most of this in one sitting! I loved the melding of real and fantasy science - it was all very credible. The characters are deftly painted, without too much detail. I can't wait to read more from this author.
One person found this helpful
on 29 September 2014
Very good read - a page turner, and some really interesting ideas. Look forward to the sequel and the movie!!
on 7 October 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Great holiday read. Carefully mastered plot and fascinating characters. Amazing achievement for a first novel.
VINE VOICEon 8 November 2013
As a reader I'm always a fan of the "Spirit of Man" when it comes through in books. With individuals who refuse to be broken, who stand tall for what they believe in and continue trudging forward regardless of the adversity that they face, so I was more than interested in this book by Libby McGugan which promised all this and more.

What she brings to the table brings all the best elements of Urban Fantasy with a cracking Science background to the table and allows the readers to ask questions as the story reveals itself over the pages. Add to this some wonderful turns of phrase and a lead character that not only questions his own sanity (along with the reader) really allows you to get to the heart of thing as Libby's wondorous prose really does take you on a journey. A great way to spend some quality time with a debut that's announcing a cracking talent. Magical.
3 people found this helpful