on 19 July 2017
I am a huge Robbie fan, and I must admit I loved Swing when you're winning.
I was really excited for this album, and could t wait to hear it. It didn't disappoint, there are some great tracks on here. The mix and production is fantastic.
For me it's not as good as swing when you're winning. Although, it is close to it.
All in all though a great album.
2 people found this helpful
on 30 March 2018
Love it but the only problem is ..... Not enough tracks on here for me 😢 I saw him singing a lot of these old songs in a concert dressed in his old tuxedo and was so impressed with his ability to make me believe he was from the ere of old blue eyes himself old frankie. The way Robbie handled these old classics brought a lump to my throat. This lad has a true gift and tons of charisma to pull it off which is what came through the stereo when I played this little gem 👌
on 12 January 2014
Its Robbie...What else would he get other than 5 stars. This is his SECOND Swing Album. Its called "swing Both Ways" and at one time would camp it up on TV it could be mis-construed that he MAY swing both ways!!!
Even the disc was in PINK. he has had 14 ALbums and ALL 14 of em have been No1 that is no mean feat!!! This is class.Its been 10 years since his first swing album and this BRILL. It contains his hit single " Go gentle" written about his little baby daughter Teddy. Telling her to' go gentle' with her life especially boys! Also it duests with other top peeps/ Michael Buble Olly Murrs and Lily who he sings " Dream a Little Dream" as the new single. HOW can this man who will be 40 on Feb 13th do any wrong.hes good looking a great singer, a good dad and a happily married man AND he knows how to work his magic with his audienced........Its a greeat album if you are a Robbie fan BUY IT. If you are not you are missing out. Love you Robbie........ x
on 31 December 2013
Excellent Album-not really into todays artists doing Swing versions but my Wife does and she loved it.
Came with offer and code for priority pre sale tickets for Robbies new Swing tour. I took advantage of this and got really good seats for wife and her face when she opened the tickets for birthday was a picture and worth it.
Good thing was the tickets are actually in our possesion for concert in July already-didnt have to wait on tenterhooks till approx week before concert to receive them as with other Ticket outlets or print them off yourself- which if like me you dont use home printer too much-means cartridges have dried out and have to buy new ones just to print tickets-more cost-Amazon should do Concert Ticket offers more often.
I have to say booking the tickets was a lot easier than the likes of Ticketmaster too.Good experience
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 December 2013
I Really like this new project from RW
As for the CD, no problems, I was hoping the DVD might have all complete songs,it does illustrate the guest singers involvement and the chemistry between RW and his contributing artists
The fun that was had recording the music comes over well
At the current low price of below £12,with autorip included for mp3 it seems very good value.

The quality of this recording is very high on CD and it seems clear RW has not lost his any of his vocal range and is very capable as a singer of many different styles of music,and despite certain well publicised personal"issues" whether true or not- one would usually expect that to have an effect on his performance-I honestly can't notice anything other than an extremely good singer and seemingly happy performer.
In some ways I'm surprised he hasn't looked into being in films - perhaps this is to come later in his career?
on 14 April 2014
I never really knew who Robbie Williams until I bought his Greatest Hits album. Then I discovered that there were some tracks that I'd heard on the radio like "Me And my Monkey" (7 minutes plus in length) and It's Only Us (FIFA 2000). I've also bought the last three Robbie albums myself an never been disappointed (even though Rudebox (at the time of release) was panned by the critics). So I bought this for my girlfriend, with the ulterior motive of downloading it to my own iTunes library and I'm not disappointed as I don't own Swing When You're Winning. I love the duets that appear on a typical Robbie "Let Me Entertain You" sort of album. However, It seems that nearly every artist these days, no matter who it is releasing the album, has sung a couple of the tracks that appear on the album, with someone relatively well-known (even if less so as a soloists rather than in a group). The album is a mix of the old swingers and more modern out-looking rock/pop ... I will continue to buy Robbie's album's because they usually have at least an album of decent sing-along dance/rock/pop songs and the other half of ballads and slow numbers.
on 9 November 2017
Bought this when it first came out but only just reviewing it now. I only gave this album a few whirls on my cd player before confining it to storage. Even the hyped up duets are't anything special.
Probably the michael buble duet "soda pop" being the stand out track.
His first swing album is far superior. Avoid this one and buy swing when you're winning instead.
on 6 February 2016
Another great album from Robbie.
A super selection of big band numbers, together with some duets and a couple of his original songs too.
Different from the first album, in that it has more variety.
Beautifully packaged as always with his work,
you can tell Robbie is comfortable in this genre of song - and works well with his peers, to create some nice pieces.
VINE VOICEon 11 January 2014
This for me is Robbie Williams at his best. The big band genre suits Robbie so well and is a great companion album to his Swing While Your Winning. On this album he duets with the likes of Olly Murs and Lily Allen and the songs are a nice mix of old classics and newly written songs.
A great easy listening album.
6 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 23 June 2014
Some great favourite songs of mine on here some done as excellent duets.
Robbie doesn't have the greatest voice going but he is a showman and he carries it off so well, you can forgive him the odd strained note.
Love the mix of the old classiscs and some new stuff that fits in well enough - could have been two different albums, but I like the mix. 'Go gentle' is really typical Robbie stuff, but as a father of a couple of young daughters, I wanty them to listen to it (in a few years they might understand!). I also found the parody of 'No-one likes a fat popstar' really funny and I couldn't help singing it to myself.
Overall, my personal favourite is 'King of the Swingers' and it works well with Olly.