Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.99

on 11 November 2013
If you thought the first album is good - then you will think this one was excellent. 110% joy from beginning to end!

My favourite song on the album is 'Little Me' - I think this shows a really sensitive side to the band that they have never really explored before. In direct polar opposite, you also have disco hit 'Move', which hits all the right buttons but for different reasons... it's Little Mix to a tea.

The feel of the album, as a whole, is a lot more R&B than 'DNA' and also it has a lot more punch. It feels like there has been a real effort to make sure all the songs work together in harmony, while also all having their own individual identities.

I think that this album is a great effort and would reccomend it! 10/10
on 31 May 2016
This is a fantastic album. I can listen to it from start to finish without skipping a track, which is a rarity. The album represents a massive step up from their debut album. The vocals are tight, from the harmonies to the adlibs. I also like the extensive writing input from the girls.

1. Salute – 10/10 – This is one of my favourite tracks on the album. I don’t even mind that the verses are repeated. The thumping beat is great, as is the overall production. It is not a vocally-challenging song, but the ladies sound nice. A great girl-power anthem.
2. Move – 10/10 – The production and the vocal arrangement on this track are very clever. One can’t help but move when this comes on. All the ladies sound nice.
3. Little Me – 8/10 – This is an empowering ballad. The adlibs at the end are very nice (especially Leigh-Anne’s), as are the preceding harmonies. Perrie closes the song perfectly.
4. Nothing Feels Like You – 8/10 – I like the “world” sound of the track. The vocals are perfect, and the ending with the interloping voices is glorious.
5. Towers – 8/10 – Another very touching ballad. All four ladies shine equally on this track, especially Perrie.
6. Competition – 9/10 – This is a rather feisty track up-tempo, with strong voices and instrumentals. Jade sounds incredible on the track.
7. These Four Walls – 8/10 – This is a beautiful ballad. The group harmony at the end which Perrie leads is very beautiful.
8. About the Boy – 10/10 – The track feels like a throwback to years gone by. I like the chorus – “He got me good, I got it bad…”. Perrie’s middle-8 is a nice unexpected surprise. The fast track slows down and her voice keeps going higher and higher and higher...
9. Boy – 8/10 – This is very reminiscent of Destiny’s Child, with the harmonies. A very vocally impressive track. I like how it starts out acapella with all four sharing the first verse and then transforms into a nice mid-tempo track. I like Jade’s verse. The beatboxing at the end sounds great.
10. Good Enough – 10/10 – This is a very emotional ballad. The vocals are incredible. You can feel the pain in Jesy’s voice on the first verse. There’s a defiant power in Jade’s voice. Perrie shines through on the final verse. I wish the arrangement on the track was the same as the version performed live, though.
11. Mr Loverboy – 8/10 – Another 90’s throwback track, similar in this respect to “How Ya Doin’?” from their debut album. The high-pitched chorus sounds nice.
12. A Different Beat – 9/10 – The snare drums on the track sound nice – you just want to march along to the different beat! Another high-pitched chorus which sounds nice.
13. See Me Now – 10/10 – This is probably my favourite track on the album. I like the Bollywood sound on the track. The message in the lyrics is also great. The harmonising just before Jade’s adlibs sounds nice. Jade’s adlibs at the end get me every time. She sounds great on the extended note.
14. They Just Don’t Know – 8/10 – Perrie and Jade sound great on this track. I like the clappy beat. The shouts in the background weirdly don’t sound out of place.
15. Stand Down – 10/10 – Another feisty empowering track. All four girls sound great. I especially like the chorus, with Perrie in the background yelling “don’t wanna do it”. The scat singing by all four is also fun.
16. Little Me (Unplugged Version) – 8/10 – A beautiful down-tempo version of the original track. The quality in the girls’ vocals is even more apparent here.
on 30 January 2014
This is unbelievably good. In fact, Little Mix's first album was excellent, but this takes them on to another level of brilliance. I don't usually like X Factor, or the temporary stars it makes, but these girls can really sing and will undoubtedly still have a career if and when they decide to break free of Mr Cowell, which would give them more longevity and musical credibility.

Best song is 'Litttle Me' in my opinion, but its one of those albums where there are no fillers - everyone will undoubtedly have a different favourite among all the songs. The songs really bring out the girls' vocal strengths - they're better singers than Alexandra Burke, and I'd say Perrie is in the same vocal league as Leona Lewis.

To me, Little Mix look like being the true starts of Syco recording label, and perhaps the only ones with enough talent and identity to keep on making good music and good chart progress long after all the other X Factor winners are a distant memory. Sam Bailey can't compare to these girls - next year it will someone else's sob story, but these girls could just prove to be the best thing X Factor ever discovered.

If you can, buy the deluxe edition which has 4 extra songs on it (3 new ones and a rather unnecessary but still sweet version of 'Little Me'). The new songs are all in keeping with the rest of the album, and the one entitled 'Stand Down' is a belter!

So the best songs on this album, in my opinion, are: About the Boy, These Four Walls, Competition, Towers, Stand Down, and Little Me. But of course you will have your own favourites. That's one of the reasons this is such a great album - there are not only no duds on this album, but there's no songs that sound like they have been added simply as 'fillers'. The girls' debut album was brilliant (DNA) but Little Mix have avoided the curse of the 2nd album trap that so many bands fall into. It's no wonder this album topped the US charts - it should have been a UK number one too.

It's interesting to note that in recent (Feb/Mar 2014) photos in magazines, Little Mix now look extremely like the last British girl-band to have a number one hit in the US. Namely, the Spice Girls. Leigh-Anne had a definite Mel B vibe about her while Jesy was pouting like Posh circa 1996, and Perrie wasn't dissimilar to Emma Bunton. Maybe it was just a coincidence, or maybe Simon Cowell is deliberately trying to market the girls as his new version of the Spice Girls? He once tried to market 'Girl Thing' (a failed girl band headed by Jodi Albert) by calling them his answer to the Spice Girls, only that didn't work out.

I, for one, will definitely be keeping an eye out for anything Little Mix do next.
on 13 November 2013
What makes this a five star album is the fact that although it is more R'n'B it doesn't contain the all too popular pitfalls of music labelled as such. The 'Little Mixers' of which my 7 year old daughter is one, have not been forgotten, they do not try to alienate and attempt to lose their younger fan base with explicit themes and lyrics, the girls are simply trying to move forward and become more credible to a wider audience. They achieve this with great success, mixing up modern R'n'B with melody and harmonies that will entertain all who like good pop music.

For an x factor, put together girl band this is something of a revelation. If you liked the first or not give it a listen, most will not be disappointed.
on 1 July 2016
This deluxe CD has lots of great songs but it is annoying that the deluxe songs are on a separate disc to the original ones-it makes way more sense to have them all together!

I was also disappointed that despite having bought the CD new I realised as soon as I opened my my Amazon parcel I noticed that this CD was completely scratched on the cover and it even had a scratch on the inside (and everything else I bought came intact)

Overall a good buy but I was disappointed with how I got it.
review image
on 5 February 2016
I think these ladies are seriously underrated as artists, not taken seriously perhaps because they are classed as being a 'manufactured' group.

However, these ladies can sing and are great performers. I really like this album, it's got the edge on their first album in my view
on 26 April 2016
cd arrived promptly and well packaged. Given as a gift and my daughter loves it, there are some very catchy songs on and I confess to singing along with her when its playing in the car! The little mix girls have made a great album
on 12 November 2015
Not the biggest fan of Little mix but still own all their albums. This is a brilliant effort with fun pop songs my favourite is the fantastic These Four walls what an amazing ballad. Get weird is my fav from them but this follows next
on 14 November 2013
Cracking little follow up album, thoroughly enjoyableby for the family. Good wholesome pop, nice to see no bad language anywhere.
on 29 December 2014
Even though it a good album i preferred the first one, that was more pop for me. This one is ok but i dont like all the tracks i find that they re between pop and RnB without being one or the other. I m looking for a melody that i can t find. The girls have amazing voices though.