on 14 December 2013
I was never an ELvis fan. he had his first UK hit just after I was born.......For an American he has had more UK No1 singles than ANY one..inc Beatles (17)and Cliff (14).....IF this makes the XMas No1 which I hope that it will just cos it would be nice to see Elvis Aaron Presley have his TWENTY SECOND No1 and Susans FIRST No1........Lush.
Its for Save The Children..It will make a change from Xfactor OR BGT being at No1.....Last year was the John lewis Ad at No1 as it is the week I review THIS on 14th Dec!!!
They are both Giants and both deserve to be at No1 again.......A christmas Carol at No1 at that...WOujld be nice to have a Christmas song at No1 for achange!!!! (This IS good OK?) Buy it if only for the Charity?? XX
on 9 October 2017
Prompt delivery. But I hate that they used Elvis just to make money. I thought he would be prominent on this record, but it just used him and his fans (me). Their video was too amateurish, and I loathe impersonators, so to have a small boy dressed up as a supposed Elvis was horrible. And I felt for the poor child. He was so uncomfortable, and stood out like a sore thumb. All the other children had fun, but he didn't have fund at all.
on 11 February 2014
I was happy with the service and delivery. I was unable to find this "Charity" single in the shops so was very pleased to see it on Amazon. I wonder how much money was lost by Save the Children as I couldn't have been the only person that couldn't find it. Very happy with service and packaging. Would recommend.
on 24 March 2014
I love Elvis Presley so bought this duet not only because it was Elvis but because it was for the Save the Children charity. The sound quality on this is excellent and sends shivers up your arms - a wonderful sound and brilliantly done.
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 7 February 2014
Not only do you get a lovely couple of tracks on this CD, you also get a nice warm glow knowing that the money you spent on it is helping little children in need of support somewhere in the world. What better way to spend a few quid at Christmas time ...
on 15 December 2013
I purchased this as a fervent Elvis Presley fan and as usual he never fails to please, as does Susan Boyle, and it's good to see the record company pays homage to Elvis' arrangement of this old Christmas classic, and all profits go to Save the Children. The King lives.
on 22 February 2014
The voices are beautifully blended, very moving. But why so short? There are several versions by Elvis, all longer than this, so no shortage of material to use.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 December 2013
A Strange choice of song to cover but it does work well. Radio wont lap it up though. All money to Save The Children. Fans of Elvis will say this is sacrilege. Get the cd while you can it may come collectible.. and it may not.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 29 July 2017
very good
on 8 February 2014
Chose it because it's connected with charity. Keeping it because it's a nice 'record'. Sometime in the middle of Summer I shall play it and get life into perspective