on 19 January 2014
Nothing upsets me more as a reader, when a book/prequel ends so abruptly, that I end up checking page numbers to see if it was downloaded incorrectly. This is what happened and it was so frustrating! I was aware it was a prequel, but with the author promising "while there is a resolution to their immediate problem", I would ask "where"? there was no resolution, it just ended! Then we have the author saying "the remainder is still concluded in another book which is M/F dominant". Firstly, the sentence doesn't make sense and secondly, this book is a M/M category, that is why I choose to read it, WHY is it concluded in a M/F category, which I do not want to read! Sorry, but I feel cheated and let down as a reader, hence only two stars.
on 18 November 2016
Interesting story, romantic and sexy :) I really enjoyed it and will read more from this author. 4/5 due to minor spelling error and incorrect dialogue grammar
on 17 February 2014
I've read similar stories like this one but most of these stories had an ending that told you what happened to the main characters but this left it to your imagination.
I'd only recommend this book to people who weren't bothered.
on 4 May 2014
I loved this book,it was worth every penny,the story was so well written and kept me interested from start to finish,,I would recommend
on 29 January 2014
This was almost good. It started off well and remained good for about 2/3 of it. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, the pace skyrocketed, the romance popped into existence out of the ethers apparently, there was an almost sex scene (or rather, there was sex just no sex scene, leaving me feeling cheated) and then the whole thing just ended. It felt very much like the first couple chapters of a longer piece, as opposed to an actual short story.

I could try and excuse it as a prequel, but it's not the first in the series and the sequel is about another couple entirely. Which suggests to me that there isn't to be much more of Westley and Chris' story, even if they do happen to be in the next book.

The writing seemed pretty good, but it's a teaser at best.
on 6 December 2013
I felt a little cheated by this, what I now realise, was a novella. Finishing at 83% and then giving you at least a chapter if not more of the next book, which I've purchased to see if it actually finishes this tale.
The writing was OK, story too but it just teases you and pulls you in making you want more, or it did me. There needs to be more background for my liking. You are left high and dry at the end. What about Gordon, and Annie, do Chris and Westley bond properly or does Gordon get his way, and can a wolf and a dragon be happy together; also what of the hunters and the young sympathetic hunter? All these and more questions are not answered in this book and therefore I had to but the next one. Hopefully it won't leave me high and dry before book 3. This and the next books probably could have all been under one title which, possibly, would make for a better read.
on 28 July 2016
This is part of the "In The Night " series. While you could read it on it's own, if you are reading the series this must be read before book #2 The Legend of the Werewolf or you will spoil this one.
Westley has been captured by hunters and cant seem to think of a way to escape. He knew his birthmark would land him in trouble one day.
Christopher Knucker can't ignore the suffering of the person being tortured by hunters so he flies in to the rescue. Little did be know what the man would mean to him.
Westley has been hiding a secret from his family for years, but now he must face up to exactly who he is and make his father accept it.
Chris is a dragon shifter and a lot older than he looks. He is used to living his life as he wants and believes everyone should stand up for what they want.
This is a M/M romance but there are no real sex scenes. It is much more about acceptance.
A very good read that you need to read as part of the series.
on 6 March 2014
I agee with other reviews that this could have been a great story if longer.
Finished too abruptly but l have brought Bk 2 where hopefully we will read more about their romance as well as about Anna and her cop.
Will hold out on personal recommendation until then.
Good storyline so l have hope for the series.
on 21 April 2014
I absolutely loved this book for the most part. It's always brilliant to find a book that once you start reading, you just don't want to put it down.
I loved the main characters, especially Chris, who constantly made me smirk while reading.
The only reason I didn't give 5 stars, was because I felt as though this was only half a book. I could have sat and read so much more. There were things that could have happened, but simply didn't. I won't say what, in case someone deciding to read or not reads the reviews. But I can't help but wonder if Chris and Westley's story will be continued at some point in another book centered around them. I hope so. Because this pairing is just so awesome to read.
on 31 July 2016
read The Curse of the Vampire (the first in this series) and was hooked so couldn't wait to read the rest of this series. This is another great book, Mandy's origin story of werewolves and how mistaken identity impacts on a small group of shifters, could not put it down and went straight onto The Dragon and the Wolf which is a prequel short story to this book and explains how 2 of the charters from legend met and fall in love, but how parental opinion keeps them apart. Also read The Shepards Agony which is a story of a hunter falling for a werewolf. As you can see I loved all of this series and cannot wait for another book in this series. Can get these books in a boxset too.