on 3 January 2014
I am enjoying the style of this book and its use of explanations plus worked examples but as with all text books on engineering watch out for mistakes. On location 634 at 38% there are numbers which are wrong viz: 24 x 6 =114, instead of 144. This mistake carries on to the next part of the example so is unlikely to be a typo. But overall it is good in my opinion, though not 5 stars
on 7 May 2015
As a physicist I was already fairly familiar with the physics and maths chapters, not a lot that was new. Probably a good read for the interested non-specialist. The economics chapters were of greater interest, and the most fundamental equation (equation of exchange) a useful insight, albeit very cursory, into modern economic (and global) problems. Overall, useful, interesting but needs further development.
on 13 March 2014
This is indeed a compilation of great formula's, I myself being an economist find his selection for economics a bit odd but I enjoyed the physics bit of it, It took me back to high school. I'm uncertain who I would recommend this to, I would guess, one of the disciplines in the title, because it helps put into context what your discipline has that differs from the other.
on 19 October 2014
Found this to be very useful to jog the memory about science and engineering that I used to know in my younger days. It was also fascinating to learn about theories and formulas that I knew nothing about.
on 20 October 2014
Not being very mathematical I found this book unbelieveable .I could understand a lot more than I have ever thought possible .Very well done .
on 30 January 2014
I'm slow at maths, I will keep this book as a reference, it is very helpful. I wanted it because I'm interested in quantum physics and astronomy, and there are formulas in here that explains how things are calculated in the science world. There are also some interesting snippets of facts, to boot. Maths is boring, but I really liked this!
on 25 January 2014
It is definitely an interesting read and gives accessible examples that show how maths/physics can be applied to real world problems. It is a bit disappointing that along side the 'written' equations is does not provide the standard mathematical notation as this is a missed opportunity to develop the reader's appreciation of mathematical notation without the fear that they won't understand. It would also not frustrate the more literate reader quite so much.
on 18 October 2015
great book to bring back memories of the equations and how they became ... I had not used these for so long some I could not even recall. loved it as did my son studying engineering.
on 23 May 2016
A very valuable work, easy to read and to understand.
on 7 April 2018
Exactly that, a list of urls.

And now for fourteen more words to qualify for passing the Amazon review bar.