on 20 December 2013
The Brooklyn side was always one of my favourate Americana albums, I could never get a hold of the Bottle Rockets album, so I bought the deluxe edition as soon as I heard about it. What a great deal 2 classic albums remastered with 19 bonus tracks excellently packaged,and all for the price of one album. The stand out tracks for me are Wave The Flag, Kerosene, Manhattan Countryside, Indianapolis, Brand new year,Welfare Music and Idiots Revenge. Excellent Stuff, Highly Recommended.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 6 December 2013
This collection starts with a banjo driven track. The next couple of tracks are all out electric rockers. That just about sums up this under-rated but influential band. As one of the progenitors of what would be called Americana, they are as comfortable with the folksy stuff as with the balls to the wall tracks with a goodly dose of blues thrown in. Think Neil Young, meets Springsteen, meets Drive by Truckers and you will be some of the way there. They are currently touring in the US but if they get over here go and see them because live they are something else. Highly recommended.
on 23 January 2014
Put together the essences of The Drive By Truckers,Watermelon Slim,Chuck Berry,Crazy Horse & John Prine and I guess you have something approaching the style and attitude of Bottle Rockets. I particularly like the bluntly humourous,home made and unsophisticated,Southern States philosophising in the lyrics of 'Dead Dog Memories'. I'm glad that I downloaded this album.It puts a smile on my face.

Eamonn
on 29 January 2014
This is one of the Best Albums i have bought for years. I will listen to anything ranging from Motorhead to Motzart, but this album has the full range from blue grass to country rock. I would adsvise anyone to give it a try
on 25 March 2015