TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 July 2016
Bought at full cost, My reviews are based on honest truth meaning the good, the bad and the ugly where appropriate. Music of any sort is a matter for the listener. Discovered through TV soundtrack. Most of the CD, to my taste is well wort listening to. I have some hearing issues so actually hearing the wording / lyrics is sometimes difficult but the music is easy to listen to. Played in the background whilst video editing, reading or similar is quite relaxing. Worth buying but do the rounds to get the best value
on 3 August 2015
I made mistake when I bought this cd! Not realising there are two different versions of "The Best Of" I originally purchased the one disc version. The album was a delight and the diverse song writing blew me away. When I discovered I could have bought the deluxe version with 15 more tracks to immerse myself in I was really annoyed. Later I bought "Strangelands" another enjoyable , though lighter mix of their songs. I still kept stewing over the fact that I had missed out this extra disc. In the end I paid for the deluxe version (so now I have two disc ones!) just so I could find what I missed the first time. I can tell you it was worth it. The songs were more laid back on the second disc but no less enjoyable.
on 9 May 2015
A great 2CD and DVD package which reflects the best of Keane.The DVD that accompanies the deluxe set is excellent ,with the tracks selected being popular b sides rather than the safe Keane songs we all love - worth getting for this alone. All in all a 5 star package and hope one day Keane will return after the solo outings! One very minor quibble - it's a pity the best of Keane wasn't realised on vinyl ; I'm sure there would have been a demand for it - the Killers bought out an (admittedly expensive) 10" set of their greatest hits and they were soon snapped up! With the current resurgence of vinyl maybe one day ....
on 31 March 2018
Loved Keane ever since I first heard 'Somewhere only we know'. Lots of brilliant songs that you can just relax and listen to no matter your mood. For such a brilliant band I do think they are underrated. So if you are looking for something a bit different then I recommend buying this.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 April 2014
The best of Keane is not the "best", which are songs very well known among their fans. Undoubtedly it is the b sides. Songs that they didn't include in the albums and appeared in single CD editions in most of the cases. My opinion is that the compendium configures itself a brand new album with a magnificent bunch of songs that a fan must have. I think Keane is one of the best bands of the last ten years and if they continue doing what they are doing, musically speaking, they will became in classicals as bands as U2, Coldplay or Oasis. Counting the minutes to hear new material and see them alive.
on 22 December 2013
I had never heard of this group, but heard them sing on Loose Women and liked to sound, so decided to purchase it as they said it was made up of their A and B sides over 10 years. It is a really good CD and after listening to it, realised I knew a couple of songs, but just didn't know who sang them. I am pleased with my purchase and thoroughly recommend it. My son, who is 31 likes it and I am over 70 years young and I enjoyed it, so would suit most age groups and it is very easy to listen to.
on 24 February 2017
Great voice,great songs cannot ask for more and it's cheap.
on 11 March 2018
Bought this cd for my Sister-in law's 75 th birthday,she loves it.
on 27 January 2014
Yes been a fan of Keane for a long time and great to hear all these on a mp3 ! and have the free down load on Amazon player ! and in record time ,very quick !,nice to hear keane at their very best ! great for any fan old or new ! a great Album for everybody !.
and a great price under a fiver ! wow that's value !.
thanks Keane keep up the great work ,and thanks Amazon for a great service to music lovers !.
on 1 December 2013
Bought the download of the extended version and have almost finished listening to it all - there are 38 tracks! Came actross the band by accident while living overseas when a local musician started singing "Somewhere Only We Know" but knew nothing about their other stuff. When the "Best Of" came out, I thought I'd buy it and am not disappointed.